• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

You mean someone who is experienced at producing video

whats the name

Mar....Mar.......Marvin Kessh?

It would give her good practice for when she's eventually hired.

#hiremary

edit://
LA Podfest audio version just downloaded to my phone from the Bombcast feed.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/

Not in the premium RSS. Paying customers forgotten again.
/s

Like a louisdog?

Oh man, the many deaths at the hands of that crazy old lady, followed by Amazing Grace in the SWAT Random PC Game. That is such a good video. One of the best for sure.

to whoever suggested I play Tales from the Borderlands (I think it was Noray), I just got done with the first episode, and boy, that game gets a resounding "it's okay" from me

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
There's basically an organized vote brigade that downvotes most GBEast content on YouTube for reasons too pathetic and depressing to get into.

Wait, what? This is literally the first time I've heard about this? Why? The anti-Patrick brigade was at least loud and obnoxious. What the hell is this about?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
to whoever suggested I play Tales from the Borderlands (I think it was Noray), I just got done with the first episode, and boy, that game gets a resounding "it's okay" from me

You sound really stoked about it

I thought it was genuinely funny and I really liked the characters. Haven't played past ep 1 yet though.

In other news I finally finished GTAV and man. So many feelings on that game. I love the world. The missions are fun. But 99% of the writing is completely loathsome to the point where the game actually kind of disgusts me.

Wait, what? This is literally the first time I've heard about this? Why? The anti-Patrick brigade was at least loud and obnoxious. What the hell is this about?

you say that like it's a good thing

You sound really stoked about it

I thought it was genuinely funny and I really liked the characters. Haven't played past ep 1 yet though.

I enjoyed it, but I think Telltale games just tend to have a slow start. The characters and writing are definitely leagues better than what actual Borderlands games have to offer, so I'll probably check out the rest of the season whenever there's a decent discount.

The ending to today's Mario Maker Mornings is fucking amazing. Ryckert hasn't got anything on McElroy.
Yes, I'm looking for other playthroughs and I only found one and the guy hasn't beat it yet.
Has Patrick gone up the middle pipe with the circle of ghosts, yet? That's the only other thing I can think of and if that isn't instant death I would quit the level.
There's basically an organized vote brigade that downvotes most GBEast content on YouTube for reasons too pathetic and depressing to get into.
That is stupid.

Myggen

Some people dislike Austin and Alex. That's it. It's mostly people who've been banned from the site I imagine.

It's cute that these people think internet points matter. If they understood Youtube at all they would know that the most effective strategy when you don't like something is to not interact with it at all. If you downvote something you've given the video a view and a vote, and both are good for the exposure of the video.

But it's weird that these people rarely leave comments under the videos. They just downvote. That's some kind of progress I guess.

danm999

you see Life is strange is pushing the sjw agenda, and we must stop the spread of it!!111 vote them all down and they'll get fired and giant bomb iwll fail blah blah blah</what they really believe>

Yeah it's stupid.

It's half that and half Austin and Alex being targeted by gators.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Funny how it immediately had about 20 downvotes and the last one only got to 30. They are basically waiting for a new video. God, that's pathetic.

you see Life is strange is pushing the sjw agenda, and we must stop the spread of it!!111 vote them all down and they'll get fired and giant bomb iwll fail blah blah blah</what they really believe>

Yeah it's stupid.
Looks like it's all GBeast videos

danm999

Yeah YouTube should bomb that shit from orbit but some reason they give it a bunch of oxygen (probably because it keeps people engaged or something).

Jothel

Yes, I'm looking for other playthroughs and I only found one and the guy hasn't beat it yet.
Has Patrick gone up the middle pipe with the circle of ghosts, yet? That's the only other thing I can think of and if that isn't instant death I would quit the level.

In the kinda hub area near the start? Top middle pipe is a fake pipe and there's a laughter sound effect right by it.
Having looked at the level in the editor I still have no idea what to do...

Myggen

speaking of which, why are we talking about this again

It's a thread about Giant Bomb. Laughing at idiots on YT is relevant to that subject.

although, to be fair, a lot of recent gbwest quick looks also have a lot of dislikes

GB videos have almost always had a pretty bad like/dislike ratio. The videos have very few votes compared to views, which is probably because a lot of people watch the YT video on the site and because of that don't vote on the video. So you've got 10-20 people who always downvote because of reasons, and they're able to sway the totals more.

Not that any of this matters at all.

danm999

agree

#firedan #hiregriffin

You know guys, I put some serous thought into this today, but I think I'm ready to post my opinion:

Metal Gear Solid 3 is very good, and I like it.

Thank you.

You took a very big risk saying this, but I believe in standing up for what you believe in.

I like Metal Gear Solid 3 as well. I would even go so far as to say it has one of the better video game plots of the past 10 years.

Austin is cool. Needs to be said. His Gundam slant classes up the site.

Austin was a great fucking hire.

I'll say I just want to listen to him and Vinny talk Warhammer all day.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
In the kinda hub area near the start? Top middle pipe is a fake pipe and there's a laughter sound effect right by it.
Having looked at the level in the editor I still have no idea what to do...
Sounds like a bad level to me.

neshcom

Banned
Griffin's is frustrating since it seems like so many important things (stars) are hidden in invisible blocks. I skipped around on today's video, but did Patrick mention being told about those invisible stars?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I like Metal Gear Solid 3 as well. I would even go so far as to say it has one of the better video game plots of the past 10 years.

Wanna feel old? MGS3 came out in 2004 or some shit. At any rate it's over 10 years old.

Yeah YouTube should bomb that shit from orbit but some reason they give it a bunch of oxygen (probably because it keeps people engaged or something).

Silicon Valley doesn't think of themselves as the "people" with moral and ethical obligations to society that they claim to be, they're trying to be "utilities," the necessities of modern life that take no part in pitiful human squabbles. It's disgusting and I could spend Austin-levels of 10 dollar words giving a several hour thesis on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom