• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skatterd

Dan's reaction to absinthe is hilarious lol.

I just want dan to go on UPF and mix it with coke or
something just to annoy the piss out of people

I just got a little sick to my stomach imagining what absinth + coke tastes like

I have unfortunately tried this before
It's not pleasant

yami4ct

Watching Patrick bang his head against Griffin's level gives me a new appreciation for Dan's level design skills. The Hypercube just seems really unfun. Banging your head against the wall in order to find the next secret piece that makes everything fit with no indication if you're doing anything right. Dan's levels are brilliant because he can trick you, he can give you a false positive, but you know if you're making progress. He also does a great job of teaching you where to go next in subtle ways.

FStop7

Banned
Did anyone else catch Rorie's comment on the Bombcast about subscribership having massively grown over the past couple of years? That was good to hear. You always kind of wonder how well the sub stuff does.

danm999

Did anyone else catch Rorie's comment on the Bombcast about subscribership having massively grown over the past couple of years? That was good to hear. You always kind of wonder how well the sub stuff does.

Yeah it's a nice thing to hear. I kind of assumed though since they opened up a second location.

valeo

The MGScanlon stuff is weirdly popular. I still don't really understand why. I guess they're the new endurance runs, but yeah.

Fobwashed

Make America Crunk Again!
https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/657054350313820160
CR5TFilUEAA3_Li.png:large

That actually might be worse, there is almost no reason to every slam someone.

I can think of three. If you're just gonna fulton them right after anyway and wanna save ammo, if you're near a wall you slam them into that and it knocks them out for much longer, or if wanna knock a group of soldiers out consecutively.

I can think of three. If you're just gonna fulton them right after anyway and wanna save ammo, if you're near a wall you slam them into that and it knocks them out for much longer, or if wanna knock a group of soldiers out consecutively.
Or if the guy has a helmet and there's another guy coming soon so that you don't want to get caught while choking him out. That happens fairly often for me.

justjim89

I'm finally getting around to actually fully playing through Fallout 3 (I've always been a New Vegas guy) and it has me really looking forward to Fallout 4 next month.

It's funny how folks have been kinda sleeping on it. Every time it comes up at GB the guys sound almost surprised like "Oh, yeah, new Fallout. Right!" Maybe such a short window between announcement and release has people kinda subconsciously assuming it's a long way off.

I'm finally getting around to actually fully playing through Fallout 3 (I've always been a New Vegas guy) and it has me really looking forward to Fallout 4 next month.

It's funny how folks have been kinda sleeping on it. Every time it comes up at GB the guys sound almost surprised like "Oh, yeah, new Fallout. Right!" Maybe such a short window between announcement and release has people kinda subconsciously assuming it's a long way off.

There just haven't been alot of updates of the game, outside of the special videos.

That midair horse slowmo shot was pretty good

justjim89

I'd sometimes use the riot SMG to go after wandering Mother Base soldiers, because those guys were a pain in the ass until I got Quiet and a tranq sniper.

The CQC slam is good for quick situations or taking out multiple guys close together. But otherwise either holding up and telling them to lay down or putting the Tazzmission on them was preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom