• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

We've talked GOTY to death. Let's talk Best Moment or Sequence.

Just off the top of my head:

-SOMA's ending.
-Geralt and the Bloody Baron giving Dea her name.
-Figuring out the secret of Her Story.
-Meeting Paul Rand.
-Flowie fight in Undertale
-Life is Strange episode 3's ending/episode 4 opening
-Quarantine platform in MGSV
-Quiet's
farewell

What are some of you guys' favorites that you could see getting it?

Favorite moments?
-Destiny TTK Oryx fight
-Uhh...Metal Gear Solid..stuff...
-.....uhm....Diablo 3 getting loot?

I don't really play video games ._. WAIT! WAIT! Yeah I got nothing.

Favorite moments of the year:

LiS episode 4 ending
Getting into the SFV beta after 3 hours of mashing X
Buying, playing and beating MGSV
The new Destiny Raid
Neutral ending sequence in Undertale
Nier 2 getting announced
Fusing Metatron in Devil Survivor 2: Overclocked
Final boss fight in Bloodborne

All i can think of off the top of my head

Teddified

Witcher 3 (Later Game Act 3 spoilers)
Snowball Fight and Breaking stuff in the one Elf's lab also that one Death/funeral :(

Also liked the ending of Heart of Stone
The whole thing about solving a puzzle to beat the Demon.

Just off the top of my head:

-SOMA's ending.
-Geralt and the Bloody Baron giving Dea her name.
-Figuring out the secret of Her Story.
-Meeting Paul Rand.
-Flowie fight in Undertale
-Life is Strange episode 3's ending/episode 4 opening
-Quarantine platform in MGSV
-Quiet's
farewell

Probably overlooking some stuff, but here are some highlights of mine:

The Witcher 3: (Act 1 Kaer Morhen side story stuff)
Kaer Morhen drunk scene. I can't believe that I let Geralt do all of that...
I'll probably have more from Witcher 3 once I beat it and the xpac.

Tales From the Borderlands: Several things...
(whole game spoilers)
Ep 3 -
The bridge scene between Rhys and Sasha. It was the perfect twist.
Ep 4 -
The fingergun battle. I think I laughted through the entire thing.. so good.
Ep 5 -
The Traveler battle, not to mention the scene featuring Sasha's gift. The former for Best Utilisation of TellTale Consequences, and the latter for being the ultimate example of TellTale's take on Borderlands.

Dragonball Xenoverse: CHARACTER CREATION F*CK YEAH

TellTale's Game of Thrones (general spoilers)
Asher's smile. Yes, I'm serious. Dude is the one reason why GoT is fun.

MGSV: Realising how damn creepy the game's going to get regarding Quiet.

jambo

I think this would have made a better preview image for the Mailbag

uhRvIEUl.png

-Splatoon final boss
-Bloodborne post-Rom reveal
-Bloodborne bad ending
-Bloodborne penultimate boss

I'm having trouble remembering specific moments...people keep saying it's a good year, but nothing memorable is sticking out.

Myggen

I feel like podcasts are the biggest competitor to the music industry. I used to listen to music all the time before podcasts got popular (and easy to access), but that's sure changed. I didn't even realize it until I thought about it one day that all I listen to on commutes or during tasks and errands are podcasts. And it's impossible to make extra time to listen and discover music with the rest of life and my other interests in the way. I will do a Spotify session sometimes, but it's not often, podcasts are just too good. Sorry music.

It's weird that "radio" basically got popular again with podcasts. I'm in the same boat as you, used to listen to a lot more music when doing other stuff than I do now because of podcasts. GB alone releases like 7 hours of podcasts a week that I listen to.

It's weird that "radio" basically got popular again with podcasts. I'm in the same boat as you, used to listen to a lot more music when doing other stuff than I do now because of podcasts. GB alone releases like 7 hours of podcasts a week that I listen to.

It really is weird. The Radio was killed by TV, TV by internet, and now we're on digital Radio.

Jintor

just once i want to hear a this american life style ultra produced program with giant bomb voices

hey it's this giant bomb each week on our program we bring you stories, stories around a theme, this week's theme: giant bombs. Act 1, a man cannot escape his horrible free to play fate and the future of buying dance animations; Act 2: a really normal man who likes normal things makes baby voices on periscope while in a taco bell; Act 3: a man burned and disillusioned with the video game industry gets away from it all and retires to the wilderness, re-emerging in the form of his doctorate alter-ego. Stay with us

The "This game is probably awesome but its nagging fanbase has turned us off so much I am not going to play again it out of spite" should become a award category during for GOTY.

Dan and Brad have witcher 3.
Jeff has Bloodborne
I am sure there are more.

hamchan

The "This game is probably awesome but its nagging fanbase has turned us off so much I am not going to play again it out of spite" should become a award category during for GOTY.

Jeff has Bloodborne

This is why GBEast are cool guys and turned the nagging fanbase into a weekly choose your own adventure feature instead of bitching about it on a podcast.

jgminto

Jeff has Bloodborne

I'm pretty sure Jeff said he didn't go back to Bloodborne because he took too long a break from it and would want to restart if he did go back.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is why GBEast are cool guys and turned the nagging fanbase into a weekly choose your own adventure feature instead of bitching about it on a podcast.

That are still nagging except they're nagging at each other.

A genius bit of deflection.

AcridMeat

Banned
They had a pretty in depth talk about the Hulk Hogan scandal and history of racism in wrestling a few months ago.

GBeast even does wrestling talk better.
I wouldn't equate that to what I was talking about, but I agree that was a good discussion.

I really like how Austin and Vinny can bond over the space truckin' and anime together.

oti

Banned
Do you have a moment in your day to talk about Contradiction and Life is Strange?

Oh man Contradiction yes totally forgot about that! But that's the thing, GBEast covers a lot of stuff I don't really care about. Sometimes those things are surprisingly amazing like Contradiction, most times they're just blergh.

And I want to play LiS myself instead of watching someone playing it. :p

That'd be weird, because TFH's QL has Jeff as the control room person.
You can just look on the site!

I'm trying! Fortunately, I found the main thing I was looking for--the "VIDEO DUDERS ARE GONE" livestream.

I still don't understand how they decide which videos go into which categories. The distinction between Features, Events, and Premium seem dubious at best. Unless I know the exact name of a video, finding it is quite an... adventure.

Oh man Contradiction yes totally forgot about that! But that's the thing, GBEast covers a lot of stuff I don't really care about. Sometimes those things are surprisingly amazing like Contradiction, most times they're just blergh.

And I want to play LiS myself instead of watching someone playing it. :p

That's what I like about them, they cover weird games that West coast wouldn't bother with, you can always count on Vinny and now Austin, to pick cool lesser know games to play. Both are great I just feel that East coast is a little fresher in terms of content to me.

I still don't understand how they decide which videos go into which categories. The distinction between Features, Events, and Premium seem dubious at best. Unless I know the exact name of a video, finding it is quite an... adventure.

Any premium videos go to premium, videos made at events go to events (except when a PAX video goes into features instead for whatever reason) and everything else goes into features.

Of course if you're a premium member you may not always remember if a video was premium or not, so that may cause issues.

I'm sorry, the same daughter who gives you the little music box?

Unless there's been a new revelation about it that I didn't see over the last few months,
yes. General quest line ending is after defeating Father Gascoigne, getting the mother's broach from her body in the boss area, and finding a "safe place" for people to go to, you can return to talk to her. If she leaves home, she's killed by the pig in the tunnel. You can also talk to her older sister who can also leave home and die in a different place.
Link here.

Any premium videos go to premium, videos made at events go to events (except when a PAX video goes into features instead for whatever reason) and everything else goes into features.

Of course if you're a premium member you may not always remember if a video was premium or not, so that may cause issues.

Oh, right, events. That actually makes more sense than I would've guessed.

I think I get it now, that's a lot!

Unless there's been a new revelation about it that I didn't see over the last few months,
yes. General quest line ending is after defeating Father Gascoigne, getting the mother's broach from her body in the boss area, and finding a "safe place" for people to go to, you can return to talk to her. If she leaves home, she's killed by the pig in the tunnel. You can also talk to her older sister who can also leave home and die in a different place.
Link here.

Boy.

Fjolle

Looking at Drews profile he has played 34 hours of MGSV. We're at ~19 hours, so there should be more than enough in the pipeline to cover his vacation and
moving studios

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
they really gave lindsay smith short shrift in that mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom