• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing though isn't it? Isn't there a divide between people who prefer halo's slower style and cod's faster pace?

I think so, not so sure but the evolution of the gameplay felt right especially when you take into account that his suit upgraded when he was in Cryosleep by the end of H3 via nano-tech. If we were to go further, Naomi's Mark VII spartan armor is stated to upgrade itself automatically while in Cryo-sleep via nano-tech if anyone read Halo Glasslands which I didn't but I also had the question of why Chief's armor looks so different compared to Halo 3 when I played 4 so, my research lead me to this answer haha.

danm999

rick and morty was funniest near the end of the first season

if you want a consistently funny show, you motherfuckers should watch review

Review is amazing.

I was super worried when they announced they were making a US version since adapting Australian shows to American audiences usually goes terribly, but when I found out it was Andy Daly I felt relieved.

And watching the show I was right to be relieved, it's great.

Rainmaker

Banned
Review is amazing. Andy Daly is so good. Rick and Morty is super awesome and fun. Comedy Bang Bang is always a quick blast of good humor.

Nathan For You and On Cinema are on another level. My top two favorite things in comedy. Besides wrestling and Giant Bomb these are the only things I really watch.

Nero18

Basically the only thing they got right in Halo 4's MP was how the guns felt. Everything else was...hoo boy.

The gameplay overall felt decent, but once the community disappeared the game died with it. Remember being happy that i only bought three months of Xbox Live Gold after initially thinking i would play it for a long time.

Edit: Destiny MP is best new Halo MP.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'm only a little over halfway through, but the JV podcast is really good.

Myggen

The Giant Beastcast - Episode 22

We've got some informed impressions regarding Assassin's Creed Syndicate, some thoughts on the Steam Link, and feelings about Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Then it all gets real as we lay bare the dark truth about Chuck E. Cheese.

Filed Under: Valve Corporation, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Rock Band 4, Guitar Hero Live, Hideo Kojima

Zaph

I'm only a little over halfway through, but the JV podcast is really good.

It's great. Obviously the crazy JV/Lang/Boyes anecdotes are always welcome, but I really like whenever Jeff has to handle an interview or preview about a game that's currently in the middle of a marketing push, especially one where he could be considered biased or taking a soft approach because of a friendship/connect. He has a way of handling it that doesn't gush over the product, nor tries to overcompensate by digging up dirt, and instead makes a bee-line directly for the development process and the interviewee's involvement.

It's a smart way to do interviews because when you work with marketing or PR, that's not usually what they prep for when doing pressers, so you're less likely to trigger their involvement as they themselves are unsure where the line is and may not even fully understand what's being talked about. Jeff's a real pro.

It's great. Obviously the crazy JV/Lang/Boyes anecdotes are always welcome, but I really like whenever Jeff has to handle an interview or preview about a game that's currently in the middle of a marketing push, especially one where he could be considered biased or taking a soft approach because of a friendship/connect. He has a way of handling it that doesn't gush over the product, nor tries to overcompensate by digging up dirt, and instead makes a bee-line directly for the development process and the interviewee's involvement.

It's a smart way to do interviews because when you work with marketing or PR, that's not usually what they prep for when doing pressers, so you're less likely to trigger their involvement as they themselves are unsure where the line is and may not even fully understand what's being talked about. Jeff's a real pro.

Indeed he is.

Be sure to not miss listening to the Podfest recording. Vinny and Jeff together is always magic.

"COOOOIIINNNNSSSSS"

Lelcar

It always makes me sad whenever Jeff launches into a bit on the Bombcast and the other guys just laugh instead of joining in. Meanwhile the Beastcast is almost like improv theatre, those guys play out impromptu scenarios every episode, and everybody joins in!

Review is amazing. Andy Daly is so good. Rick and Morty is super awesome and fun. Comedy Bang Bang is always a quick blast of good humor
CBB is the best. But yeah, Andy Daly's review is so good! Daly will also appear on CBB sometimes and that is always great fun.
EDIT - I assume you mean the CBB podcast, not the show. I think the podcast is the funniest shit ever, but the CBB show is kinda lame imo.

The Paradox interview was pretty good. I was able to listen to it before it was taken down (there was a crazy audio issue about 12 min in and then silence for a couple mins). The focus on making sure their games are mod friendly and how big of a boost that is for them was definitely nice to hear.

Myggen

The Paradox interview was pretty good. I was able to listen to it before it was taken down (there was a crazy audio issue about 12 min in and then silence for a couple mins). The focus on making sure their games are mod friendly and how big of a boost that is for them was definitely nice to hear.

Looking forward to hearing that interview, love Paradox.

Lelcar

Haha yeah, Vinny said that it was just placeholder music in the first episode and now 22 weeks later, the music is still there.

omgkitty

It always makes me sad whenever Jeff launches into a bit on the Bombcast and the other guys just laugh instead of joining in. Meanwhile the Beastcast is almost like improv theatre, those guys play out impromptu scenarios every episode, and everybody joins in!

Yeah the podcast was best when it was Jeff, Ryan and Vinny because they would just go off on these huge long tangents that were hilarious. Now you have Jeff making crazy jokes, with Brad, Dan and Drew just kinda hanging out. Dan adds some funny stuff in every once in a while, but yeah it's kinda disappointing. I think the change of letting Brad take over hurt it as well. It was kind of nonsense when Jeff was in charge, especially emails, but it was pretty funny most of the time.

Yeah Ryan and Vinny were masters of improv along with Jeff and could play off each other constantly. Austin, Alex and Jeff b are also pretty good at that. I love the other west coast guys but they are not good at playing off Jeff.

Myggen

On that Q&A he says that the guys from Transistor recored their dev process with Jeff's camera. Did Giant Bomb did anything with it? Is it forgotten? I would love if they would release that footage.

They never did anything with it. Impossible to know why, maybe not enough footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom