• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit guys, I made a chemtrails joke and learned that two of my coworkers are fully on board with that conspiracy theory. It's a stark reminder that Austin is still, in fact, in Texas.

[EDIT] Also they think I'm one of them too.

repeater

So the new Assassins Creed made climbing and combat even easier, I guess it makes sense that Alex likes it then
It looked utterly uninspired and uninspiring in the QL. But it doesn't seem to be technically falling apart at the seams, so there's that I guess.

Jothel

They never did anything with it. Impossible to know why, maybe not enough footage.
Seems like it's gone the same way as the Dave GOTY note... We'll never know

Oh shit guys, I made a chemtrails joke and learned that two of my coworkers are fully on board with that conspiracy theory. It's a stark reminder that Austin is still, in fact, in Texas.

A methhead in Hawaii talked to me about chemtrails while I waited for the bus. Pro tip for Hawaii - don't ride the bus, so many methhead run ins

kAmui-

So the new Assassins Creed made climbing and combat even easier, I guess it makes sense that Alex likes it then

It feels like they've been doing that every iteration. And maybe games like Mordor have forced them to do so even more. Mordor made traversing so fast and easy that AC feels like a slog. There are some ridiculous jumps in that quick look. Dude could easily beat today's olympians in long jump. Without a running start.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Forget the fact that it's Texas, Austin is the capital of that nonsense by virtue of Alex Jones recording his show here.

It always makes me sad whenever Jeff launches into a bit on the Bombcast and the other guys just laugh instead of joining in. Meanwhile the Beastcast is almost like improv theatre, those guys play out impromptu scenarios every episode, and everybody joins in!

CBB is the best. But yeah, Andy Daly's review is so good! Daly will also appear on CBB sometimes and that is always great fun.
EDIT - I assume you mean the CBB podcast, not the show. I think the podcast is the funniest shit ever, but the CBB show is kinda lame imo.

I listen to old Bombcasts sometimes and so much of it was just Jeff, Ryan, and Vinny doing funny improv bits. It's a shame the other guys are less into it. I think the Jeff/Ryan/Vinny/Patrick/Brad lineup was definitely the best balance between funny and smart that their podcasts have ever been.

Also, I'm late to the discussion, but Review is fucking incredible. Checked it out after Jeff talked about it and yeah, it's such a great show. I'm so bummed that basically no one watches it and it probably won't have another season, but it's a really great deconstruction of reality tv and reviewing.

William

Just finished watching their second "choose our own adventure" of Life is Strange. I think its great, I am a little worried that they are having a new vote every week, chances are people will continue to vote for them to carry on but the chance of them abandoning it is a bit of a worry.

I picked up the game too, so I can play along, just finished episode 2 and its bloody good so far.

Patryn

I listen to old Bombcasts sometimes and so much of it was just Jeff, Ryan, and Vinny doing funny improv bits. It's a shame the other guys are less into it. I think the Jeff/Ryan/Vinny/Patrick/Brad lineup was definitely the best balance between funny and smart that their podcasts have ever been.

Also, I'm late to the discussion, but Review is fucking incredible. Checked it out after Jeff talked about it and yeah, it's such a great show. I'm so bummed that basically no one watches it and it probably won't have another season, but it's a really great deconstruction of reality tv and reviewing.

Hey, the Vinny/Drew/Jeff improv bit about drugs is still one of the funniest moments on the Bombcast ever.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Is that the same video as "I think there are bad guys here"? That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a video game.

I think it's the cop mod one where we also got "giantbomb is at it again"

kAmui-

Is VinnyVania happening today?

Apparently yes!
vinvan4wsrs.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I shouldn't be surprised that these people actually exist, but I am.

Haha! I don't know if I can watch that, I have a hard time with that sort of cringey stuff.

It's mostly just funny with Joey Diaz telling insane stories and Joe Rogan turning beet red laughing, the parts where he gets concerned are hilarious because of this anti government conspiracy nut getting really uncomfortable about somebody admitting to drug use (and transport).

depends on Vinny's platforming skills.

I'm gonna need to find a comfy chair where I can settle in...

hamchan

I have a feeling Vinny will finish SCIV today and then GBeast will move Life is Strange to be the Friday show to actually make the choose your own adventure vote relevant again.

In regards to the L.A Podcast.

I think Vinny and other dads are sometimes on the same wavelength with home ownership, parenthood, marriage and gaming. We wait till the kids go down, try to ignore/resolve the spousal guilt and play game quietly for what seems like forever but in reality is about an hour to an hour and a half.

What will be interesting is how parents-gamers might influence tone/pacing and gameplay of future games or how much the touch screen so ubiquitous with children it might effect future controller design. This generation might be noted as having one of the most buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom