• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good,balanced life decision.

It's a bit of a weird thing. Today is my last day of classes before break week. My last class is a lecture that is scheduled to cover a chapter that the first lecture for the course back from break will also cover, and in last week's lecture the prof told us we'd be crazy if we showed up today, but we could if we wanted to.

I listen to old Bombcasts sometimes and so much of it was just Jeff, Ryan, and Vinny doing funny improv bits. It's a shame the other guys are less into it. I think the Jeff/Ryan/Vinny/Patrick/Brad lineup was definitely the best balance between funny and smart that their podcasts have ever been.

Also, I'm late to the discussion, but Review is fucking incredible. Checked it out after Jeff talked about it and yeah, it's such a great show. I'm so bummed that basically no one watches it and it probably won't have another season, but it's a really great deconstruction of reality tv and reviewing.
Jeff/Ryan/Vinny/Patrick/Brad was perfection. The perfect blend of people, personalities, and tastes.

I still go back and listen to that 2013 E3 Sealed Envelope podcast once every few months.

Oh shit guys, I made a chemtrails joke and learned that two of my coworkers are fully on board with that conspiracy theory. It's a stark reminder that Austin is still, in fact, in Texas.

[EDIT] Also they think I'm one of them too.

Oh god I'm going to have to get used to that too now that I'm living down here. All the anti-government shit.

I'm still stunned that pawn shops just advertise GUNS.

The thought of forcing an earing through a piercing that hasn't been used in 10 years and having it described as "popping" through scar tissue really disturbed me. Yikes.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Am I wrong or is this dude a Jeff Doppelgangalar?

BYUBaXF.png

Lelcar

Hahahaha no matter how many times they tell Vinny that he needs to hustle because time is running out, he will still try to hit every candle that he sees.

Patryn

Hooray! I get to tell my boss I'm quitting my job today!

Even better, I'm taking two weeks between jobs starting Nov. 16th. Which just so coincidentally matches nearly up with Fallout 4.

Is it wrong that I kind of gamed the system to have that happen, and I'm just using Thanksgiving as an excuse?

LiK

Even better, I'm taking two weeks between jobs starting Nov. 16th. Which just so coincidentally matches nearly up with Fallout 4.

Is it wrong that I kind of gamed the system to have that happen, and I'm just using Thanksgiving as an excuse?

congrats dude, time to act like an unemployed loser again. I miss those days.

Being unemployed but knowing you'll have a new job starting soon is the best. No stress, just hanging out doing whatever the fuck you want.

That's called being smart.

tumblr_muwvj0QxIV1rvo0tro2_250.gif

Lelcar

It's going to be so refreshing for Vinny when he gets to Symphony of the Night, it's such a radically different game than any Castlevania before it. There's a couple more to go before he even gets to SOTN though, right?

The soundtrack to Castlevania IV is so inconsistent, but I'm really digging the creepier and bassy songs that it has. I'm way into 8-1's song right now.

mattp

It's going to be so refreshing for Vinny when he gets to Symphony of the Night, it's such a radically different game than any Castlevania before it. There's a couple more to go before he even gets to SOTN though, right?

The soundtrack to Castlevania IV is so inconsistent, but I'm really digging the creepier and bassy songs that it has. I'm way into 8-1's song right now.

he should play rondo of blood before doing sotn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom