• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Assassin's Creed 3 is the secret best game in the series. Fun and varied main story missions, best side content in the series(homestead/ship combat), and the most developed story in the series with an actual structure and interesting characters(although Lee's sudden heel turn was crude) Never thought the pacing was boring and honestly if you didn't know you were going to play as Conner I don't think everyone would have been rushing to get out of Haytham's shoes.

Modern stuff was really goofy though and a major thorn in the game's side. The idea behind that stuff was great but the assault of the Templar headquarters was the worst thing in the entire series. Still think it's the most ambitious game in the series though and every game since has felt really limited in scale in comparison.

I could MAYBE see a case for this (MAYBE) if Black Flag didn't exist, but as-is... nah. quit hunking that dunk.

Ill ask here-

Should I get an Xbone for Halo 5? I can buy it on credit...and Im heavily debating it..

If that's all you want it for I would say no, I don't think any one game is worth dropping $350+ on. But if you want it for other reasons then yes, but wait until Black Friday time, I'm sure there will be some nice bundles and deals.

Ill ask here-

Should I get an Xbone for Halo 5? I can buy it on credit...and Im heavily debating it..

I love Halo, but I wouldn't get a console for a single game unless you don't have any other current gen console. If you are also interested in some other Xbox exclusives like Quantum Break, or Scalebound then i'd say yes.

do you wanna play PVP with me since i'm taking a mega break from Destiny? sure you do. buy it.

also, trade GT. same as my PSN.

Mine's The Tharp Daddy

Ill ask here-

If you're a massive fan then yes but seeing as you don't own an Xbox already I'm guessing you aren't so I don't think it's worth it unless you have other games in mind to get. I bought a PS3 just to play MGS4 for example but then again I was following MGS ever since 1997-1998.

AC3's final story mission stands with the last boss of Wolfenstein in that I will never understand how people had issues and I finished on my first or second try what took others dozens.

When is the Halo 5 review embargo up? So far it's doing nothing for me, but maybe reviews will push me over the edge.

Oct 26 12:01am

Ill ask here-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPvK2MICho
I bought my console for Halo, I was misdirected since they showed the Halo 5 trailer fucking early on but, any other game is just gravy.

popo

Did Watch_Dogs finish up that character's story or leave it pretty open? I don't know what his name is.

There wasn't much to resolve - boilerplate revenge plot - but yeah, it wrapped.

The setup for any sequels as that
the servailence network was rolled out across the country, allowing a new game in a new city

For what it was worth, watch_dogs was fine IMO. A better GTA clone than most and the magic cell phone was no dumber than many plot devices.

do you wanna play PVP with me since i'm taking a mega break from Destiny? sure you do. buy it.

also, trade GT. same as my PSN.

Hmmm...If have to buy it first lol

If that's all you want it for I would say no, I don't think any one game is worth dropping $350+ on. But if you want it for other reasons then yes, but wait until Black Friday time, I'm sure there will be some nice bundles and deals.

I could wait until black friday buut Im impulsive :X I should wait...and there are more games I would want on it.

I love Halo, but I wouldn't get a console for a single game unless you don't have any other current gen console. If you are also interested in some other Xbox exclusives like Quantum Break, or Scalebound then i'd say yes.

Sunset overdrive is one of the games that interested me tbh

If you're a massive fan then yes but seeing as you don't own an Xbox already I'm guessing you aren't so I don't think it's worth it unless you have other games in mind to get. I bought a PS3 just to play MGS4 for example but then again I was following MGS ever since 1997-1998.

Hrm.

Thanks for the input. I guess I could wait until Black Friday if the impulses dont get the best of me?

I could wait until black friday buut Im impulsive :X I should wait...and there are more games I would want on it.

Sunset overdrive is one of the games that interested me tbh

Sunset Overdrive is rad. I'd say go for it if you want to be in the launch zeitgeist, otherwise i'd wait for black friday sales. Halo games not numbered 4 usually have pretty long legs and remain active, so the game wouldn't be dead or anything by the time you get it.

Ill ask here-

For whatever it's worth I really enjoyed the campaign and the gameplay is really tight so I'm sure the MP will be really fun as well. I mainly bought mine this early for Halo 5 and I'm already happy with that decision.

LiK

Hm yeah. It's too bad they wasted Constantinople on a less ambitious sequel.

Ah I finished AC3 months after release so I probably dodged a bullet there.

AC3's final story mission stands with the last boss of Wolfenstein in that I will never understand how people had issues and I finished on my first or second try what took others dozens.

yea, they fixed it a few months after launch. you guys can read the horror stories from reviewers.

Hmmm...If have to buy it first lol

my copy shipped. coming this week.

also, Sunset Overdrive is fucking amazeballs. (yes, i used that word)

shwimpy

Ill ask here-

If you're interested in Tomb Raider as well, I'd do it (and I did). Those two are the only two console games I'm playing this winter. Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 on PC of course.

Assassin's Creed 3 is the secret best game in the series.

SVSJe5Am.png

def sim

I dont wanna deal with lines tho, and theyll be sold out and stuff. I can be playing halo 5 this tuesday as we speak!!

Sure, though some of those deals should be online as well. Last year's $329 console with pack-ins was, IIRC. Something to maybe keep in mi- you're totally buying it tomorrow aren't you?

Only thing I liked more about AC3 than the rest of the series is the environments. AC has always had really great world building, but that game was amazing for it. Everything else on the other hand was so bad and with so little payoff to the future timeline I was still pretty invested in.

Just couldn't get myself to play another AC game since even though I got black flag for free.

not gonna lie, I kind of love the idea of Potato Marshall

having a playthrough of a game backfire on you out of nowhere because you're broadcasting it is such a crazy fucking thing

I never would have guessed as a kid that this would be a potential component of video games

there was another guy i remember when tricky played dark souls

Waffles i believe was his name

he invaded and left a lot of goodies (humanity i believe) to help scoops out

then patrick killed him and felt bad afterwards

LiK

Wait, so this guy will show up again in other episodes? Holy shit.

he's a stalker. of course.

i don't like him cuz he kept invading constantly. he actually frustrated Vinny during Brad's run. made it not enjoyable for them which made it less fun to watch, tbh.

strafer

he's a stalker. of course.

i don't like him cuz he kept invading constantly. he actually frustrated Vinny during Brad's run. made it not enjoyable for them which made it less fun to watch, tbh.

I hope they do what Vinny said, jump off a cliff or something instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom