• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So that means they play a goof on him and then never talk about it again even though they're also supposed to love him? Nah, I don't buy it. The fact that there was literally nothing after that scene just doesn't sit well with me at all.

Wait, whyare they supposed to love him?

I found the best way to enjoy The Blacklist was to spoil the overarching story that they teased at a drip-feed, and that way I was able to enjoy it on a per-episode basis.

and yes, people get ganked left and right in that show, it's hilarious

Myggen

I found the best way to enjoy The Blacklist was to spoil the overarching story that they teased at a drip-feed, and that way I was able to enjoy it on a per-episode basis.

and yes, people get ganked left and right in that show, it's hilarious

Yeah, I just enjoy James Spader doing James Spader shit.

danm999

James Spader has had a bizarre late career. Working backwards from the Blacklist to that character he played on the Office to Boston Legal.

There's like Michael Chiklis level pivots there.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, whyare they supposed to love him?

They said so? I don't mean "supposed to" as in "should", but as in, it's established in the story. Whatever, you can think what you want. I just think it's some weak-ass writing that doesn't respect either the player's relationship with the characters or the relationship between the characters in the story.

So that means they play a goof on him and then never talk about it again even though they're also supposed to love him? Nah, I don't buy it. The fact that there was literally nothing after that scene just doesn't sit well with me at all. To clarify, I don't think it's unreasonably they'd break things off with him after that, but to play it off as a joke and leave it at that just doesn't ring true at all.
When you romance Triss and Yennifer you profess your love to them and it's all very romantic and heartfelt. If you romance both they realize you're full of shit and are done with you. Happens often in the world. You can even have sex with Yennifer the first time and then tell her that you're in love with Triss now in her personal quest and not face the consequences because you come out as honest

popo

lol, my Witcher play through says I have played it for 17 days. It is really long but not that long. I think the PS4 suspend mode must have screwed it up.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They said so? I don't mean "supposed to" as in "should", but as in, it's established in the story. Whatever, you can think what you want. I just think it's some weak-ass writing that doesn't respect either the player's relationship with the characters or the relationship between the characters in the story.

Most women don't really appreciate it when you you cheat on them so....I thought that was portrayed pretty well.

danm999

Vinny's speaking my language on the Steam Link sutff, but did he mention what his internet speed is like?

He loves in one of the most populated areas in the country so I'd have to guess its decent but with American telecommunications companies I've learnt you can never really guess anything logical like that.

James Spader has had a bizarre late career. Working backwards from the Blacklist to that character he played on the Office to Boston Legal.

There's like Michael Chiklis level pivots there.

well and then you go even further and you have Sex Lies & Videotape, Crash (the weird/bad/great Cronenberg movie), and Stargate (lol)

even funnier is him being the sex-icon actor in Secretary, literally on the cusp of him in real life going from "dude" to "old dude"

he's had a fascinating career

He loves in one of the most populated areas in the country so I'd have to guess its decent but with American telecommunications companies I've learnt you can never really guess anything logical like that.

to be fair he lives in New Jersey and, no offense to the fine people of Jersey, but it's kind of a wasteland. not exactly the type of place to be on the cutting edge of telecom tech

heck, not even NY is that great for internet speeds

e: apparently NJ's telecom infrastructure got a big renovation in 2014, who knew

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
When you romance Triss and Yennifer you profess your love to them and it's all very romantic and heartfelt. If you romance both they realize you're full of shit and are done with you. Happens often in the world. You can even have sex with Yennifer the first time and then tell her that you're in love with Triss now in her personal quest and not face the consequences because you come out as honest

I did Yennefer's quest and didn't break things off with her, later at Kaer Morhen I turned her down and yet the game still gave me the "fuck you" ending with the ladies. Again, I understand there are consequences, I just thought it was handled super poorly and not well-written.

Most women don't really appreciate it when you you cheat on them so....I thought that was portrayed pretty well.

You thought a fake-out threesome was a good and realistic depiction of that scenario? Okay dude.

Gonna stop here because I don't wanna clog the whole thread with Witcher 3 spoilers.

justjim89

well and then you go even further and you have Sex Lies & Videotape, Crash (the weird/bad/great Cronenberg movie), and Stargate (lol)

even funnier is him being the sex-icon actor in Secretary, literally on the cusp of him in real life going from "dude" to "old dude"

he's had a fascinating career

to be fair he lives in New Jersey and, no offense to the fine people of Jersey, but it's kind of a wasteland. not exactly the type of place to be on the cutting edge of telecom tech

I'd go as far as saying his balcony drinking scenes with William Shatner in Boston Legal are some of the best scenes in TV. That was a great show.

Witcher 3 spoilers
If you don't break things off with Yennifer you say you're glad she's back and you can continue the relationship from where you've left off and so on. By not breaking it off you very clearly tell her that you want to continue a romantic, monogamous relationship

Assassin's Creed III had an awesome combat camera. And you could roll and pick up an enemies's musket and then kill his friend with it. And dodge gunfire by using human shields. So many weird things that have been removed from the series, sigh.

Myggen

Was the newest episode of Danswers any good?

I liked it. Looking forward to the Samantha episode this or next week. I loved her first episode and genuinely think it's amazingly cool that a gaming site like GB has content where she could talk about her life, give out hotline numbers for transgender people who are struggling and more. That reaches lot of people who I'm guessing don't know much about that stuff at all, which is important.

e: apparently NJ's telecom infrastructure got a big renovation in 2014, who knew

Its not as bad as many other places. I live in central Jersey and I get about 40 down and 12 up with only about 14 ping. I do have a really nice Asus router and am wired up (for fight games), so I'm certainly better off than most others here. Midwest is definitely as bad as it can get for internet.

Teddified

Assassin's Creed III had an awesome combat camera. And you could roll and pick up an enemies's musket and then kill his friend with it. And dodge gunfire by using human shields. So many weird things that have been removed from the series, sigh.

I'm sure you could do the Human Shield in Black Flag.

nah, the Dakotas and Wyoming (and Kentucky apparently, lol) are far worse off. At least the midwest's service will get better over time. can't say the same for some of the others.

I probably generalized too much when I said midwest because I was thinking of those states as the midwest. I've never left the east coast, so it shows how much I know about the rest of the country lol.

Bacon

I probably generalized too much when I said midwest because I was thinking of those states as the midwest. I've never left the east coast, so it shows how much I know about the rest of the country lol.

The midwest might as well just be one giant block to me. I couldn't point out half of those states on a map

The weirdest thing removed from the Assasin's Creed games was the ability to just hit the x button and have your hidden blades pop out and stay there if you wanted to. Really neat. You could also use them as a weapon and fight using only them.

Bacon

The weirdest thing removed from the Assasin's Creed games was the ability to just hit the x button and have your hidden blades pop out and stay there if you wanted to. Really neat. You could also use them as a weapon and fight using only them.

Up there with brandishing and swinging your lightsaber around in Kotor

It was definitely the coolest way to fight as well.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
My premium runs out next week.

What should I watch before it dies? I've been keeping up on VinnyVania, MGScanlon, UPF, and I watched all of Until Dawn. Any great one off stuff that I've missed, or anything else worth checking out again?

Also, anyone know a way I could get a $35 premium subscription instead of the $50?

Chanser

What should I watch before it dies? I've been keeping up on VinnyVania, MGScanlon, UPF, and I watched all of Until Dawn. Any great one off stuff that I've missed, or anything else worth checking out again?

Also, anyone know a way I could get a $35 premium subscription instead of the $50?

Have you watched the endurance runs?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

They'll have a thanksgiving sale probably

Demo Derby.

Also, they had a sale last year on Black Friday which is when I first subbed. Definitely gonna save up and buy a couple years worth of subs when the sale hits.

Lumley

Neo Member
tJ0Czky.png

Why don't you go for the 5$ one for the time being and then go yearly when the month ends, you're still a premium member whether at 5 or 50.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait... "Tout le monde en parle" which is, by far, the biggest talk show here in Québec (airs every sunday night) is interviewing Kevin Owens tonight...

I feel like I should record it and sub it for Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom