• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be the only person who doesn't think 0080 War in the Pocket is all that great.

It was definitely alright but man the MC should have been fucking axed and let it be about Bernie tbh (although i get why the MC was there with the whole "romanticizing war is bad" message).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm watching a UPF from about a year ago immediately after one from a couple months ago and Jeff has definitely lost some weight over the past year. Real cool for him.

Also, idk if this was already talked about or if maybe I'm misreading this but has Jeff announced he's engaged elsewhere?

The "welcome to" part makes it sound like he's got some personal experience with it was all.

I'm watching a UPF from about a year ago immediately after one from a couple months ago and Jeff has definitely lost some weight over the past year. Real cool for him.

Also, idk if this was already talked about or if maybe I'm misreading this but has Jeff announced he's engaged elsewhere?

The "welcome to" part makes it sound like he's got some personal experience with it was all.

IIRC He mentioned his partner as his fiancee during one of his blog posts which members here picked up on and congratulated him in the thread.

Also talked about his experience with cake testing on a bombcast.

I will stop now

I liked Bioshock: Infinite. I'm a sucker for anything with a time/dimension manipulation twist to it. Quantum Break needs to release already.

Alex tweeted to this album.
12191357_1029211097131015_8126264533842982451_o.jpg
12182571_1029211240464334_6702451556002615451_o.jpg

12185259_1029211153797676_3117994880010724737_o.jpg
12183751_1029211193797672_6326021105138174906_o.jpg
Wonder what's going on in the Giant Bomb Thre-

Oh it's anime, I'll be back later

Giant Bomb has been anime all along. You've been had all this time.

Witcher 3 dlc just reminds me of how lovely this game is, combat is good fun and the movement perfectly fine given it's not a platformer. Oh well.

I fell off Witcher 3 around the same time Dan did but picked it back up when the DLC came out and found myself drawn back in, although the initial hurdle getting back into it felt pretty steep. But once I was back I liked being in the world, but I totally agree that the combat sucks and is uninteresting and... just not good. Also jesus christ Witcher sense is an overused mechanic in that game. Lord knows why, it's terrible. I've held down LT and followed like 873 trails with that awful camera effect/FOV.

The two big albatrosses around Witcher 3's neck are Baamaa Combat and Detectovision. You can tell these were finalized early in production during the dark days of Gen 7 and were just never questioned. It's a testament to how damn GOOD everything else is that I didnt trade the thing away due to these crippling flaws.

So, is Drew responsible for adding the new Metal Gear Scanlon episodes to the schedule, because the two episodes that have posted since he's been gone have not shown up on it. Yet we still get them.

The Minecraft QL was interesting. I'm curious what team within TellTale is working on it. The dialog is a real drag... I'm hoping it's due to my loose knowledge of Minecraft, because it seemed hella banal.
So, is Drew responsible for adding the new Metal Gear Scanlon episodes to the schedule, because the two episodes that have posted since he's been gone have not shown up on it. Yet we still get them.

In many ways, Giant Bomb is like a TellTale adventure. For instance, Drew (the protagonist) may make decisions, but the consequences of those decisions are really not reflected in a significant way--even in silence, the same things happen.

valeo

The Minecraft QL was interesting. I'm curious what team within TellTale is working on it. The dialog is a real drag... I'm hoping it's due to my loose knowledge of Minecraft, because it seemed hella banal.

Keep in mind the audience this is aimed at..

Probably not you, I'm guessing.

justjim89

We never did get a QL for Hearts of Stone, did we? Seems like kinda a big thing to skip, especially since you don't really need to have beaten the game to play it.

Jintor

weird, i assume they load it into some kind of auto-unlock CMS which makes them public at set times, you'd think that would automatically ping a notice into the scheduler

None of them are probably up to the level requirement to even play it.

You don't actually need a save or anything to access it. There's a prefab Geralt ready to launch for HoS, level 32 with some basic equipment and no stats allocated. From there you can access all HoS content. I'm 98% sure you access it from the new game button.

It's a really cool thing to implement.

danm999

You don't actually need a save or anything to access it. There's a prefab Geralt ready to launch for HoS, level 32 with some basic equipment and no stats allocated. From there you can access all HoS content. I'm 98% sure you access it from the new game button.

It's a really cool thing to implement.

There's a NG+ now isn't there?

Gonna make it real easy for me to do a replay it seems.

That's kind of weird given it's Minecraft but I guess it's designed to get people like me to check it out.

Anjin M

weird, i assume they load it into some kind of auto-unlock CMS which makes them public at set times, you'd think that would automatically ping a notice into the scheduler

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I think they have the option to hide content from the schedule for NDA purposes.

The oils you apply to your sword show up in the Witcher 3 and accurately represent the color portrayed in their inventory icon. Attention to detail <3

Mature

Uh, I don't think any Gundam timeline has that. Haha. Some of them have earth colonizing other planets in the Solar System/the Moon (Turn A, Iron-Blooded Orphans, Victory and Age come to mind), but interstellar travel has never been a plot point.

If you want that kind of stuff, I'd point you towards Space Battleship Yamato 2199.
Or, you know, any other reason.

Rainmaker

Banned
It's that show where the fanbase drove a teenage artist to suicide because they didn't draw certain characters perfectly, so yeah, its basically anime.
its worse than anime and has spawned the social justice version of bronies

Every popular thing is going to have a subsection of horrible fans. What happened was a real shame. It's an enjoyable show for a lot of people. You're being a little much with that last line though. The Sweeper would be ashamed.

Infinite is infinitely better than the original. The gameplay of the original was awful (as was System Shock 2), but Infinite was actually really fun to play. The twist was probably better in the first Bioschock, but that's the only thing it could possibly do better than Infinite.

Every popular thing is going to have a subsection of horrible fans. What happened was a real shame. It's an enjoyable show for a lot of people. You're being a little much with that last line though. The Sweeper would be ashamed.

No, there's a whole growing contingent of grown adults who have gotten way too invested in a children's show. That itself is shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom