• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Didn't they also say they might just move it to its own stream and separate it from the current stream? That doesn't necessarily mean put it aside. It'd be cool to see a weekly stream that switches between Vinnyvania and Life is Strange.

With how fast they're blasting through the episodes, I think it prudent to back up on it.

hamchan

Now Phantasmogoria 2 will win the vote every week and they'll need to move that to its own stream. Then they'll realize it should be a vote for the next series they play rather than an episode by episode weekly vote.

Now Phantasmogoria 2 will win the vote every week and they'll need to move that to its own stream. Then they'll realize it should be a vote for the next series they play rather than an episode by episode weekly vote.

They could just say that a game that won the previous week can't win the next week. Put a rule so it's a one-off thing.

I could see that happening. I want them to play Phantasmagoria 2 but if they do I want them to finish it. I imagine anybody voting for any of those games feels the same way. It doesn't help that all of the choices aren't great for one-offs.

Swat is still the best random pc game for me

I rewatched that the other week, it's so good. I wish they'd played more, there's some really stupid stuff later in the game. The sniper portions in particular are terribly designed in a way that would have been hilarious to see Vinny struggle through.

Xater

From Jeff's review Granted, Jeff is no Halo expert, but neither am I. A decent story is good enough for me as I barely pay attention to the Halo story.

I'd rather have a decent story than whatever Halo die hards want as a story. Remember Halo 2? That fucking sucked.

Haunted

2Cu7zzo.jpg
WOW

popo

remember when they did some QLs and videos with video conferencing between coasts? well, that was shortlived.

They turned out quite well but maybe either the scheduling or the setup was a pain in the ass.

I get the impression that Vinny likes a set schedule but Jeff likes to play it by ear. Even a guaranteed Wednesday stream is a commitment too far.

Even after all these years it is admirable that Jeff sticks, within reason, to his cover-what-we-want approach. That might be why he has never gone back to the er/breaking bad/mgs/let's play thing, even though others on the site have. He doesn't want to commit when he knows he might get bored after a few episodes and either abandon the series or grudgingly continue to the detriment of viewer experience.

I think his approach might be rubbing off on Dan. He wanted to do more metal gear, even though there were solid reasons not to do mgs5 and Jeff generally lets people run with their passion projects. Also him realising that he didn't have the enthusiasm to finish Witcher 3, so not doing so. That is totally a thing Jeff does. Contrary to most press who would feel the need to finish it as an obligation.

I'd rather have a decent story than whatever Halo die hards want as a story. Remember Halo 2? That fucking sucked.

I remember back in the day when it ended I thought my game glitched or something lol because I couldn't believe that it would end like that. Campaign so far has been fantastic, story is nothing special though, spectacular soundtrack, perfect sound mixing and the MP is very fucking fun to the point where I wish the campaign just ends so I could just focus on playing some good ol matches.

Everything just feels really good to do within the game thanks to the mobility and how smooth as well as polished the game is overall.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Dang, I had to look yours up because I didn't recognize it...

Season 11? Yikes! You're cutting it close to around when that series tanked. That episode in particular was pretty funny though, I gotta' admit.

Season 12 was the last season that had genuinly great episodes. After that only the Swartzwelder Episodes are worth a damn.

Xater

I remember back in the day when it ended I thought my game glitched or something lol because I couldn't believe that it would end like that. Campaign so far has been fantastic, story is nothing special though, spectacular soundtrack, perfect sound mixing and the MP is very fucking fun to the point where I wish the campaign just ends so I could just focus on playing some good ol matches.

Everything just feels really good to do within the game thanks to the mobility and how smooth as well as polished the game is overall.

I am glad to hear this game turned out well. I definitely wrote of the series after 4. Not gonna play it myself though because I am not getting another console just for that game. If I had the money to spare maybe, but currently that is not an option.

Personally waiting for COD as my shooter of choice this year. I like Zombies and the 4 player coop campaign sounds good to me. I also really enjoyed all the stuff I played from Battlefront (which is more than the beta due to my Gamescom visit), it just doesn't seem like a product that should cost 60 bucks. I felt the same way about Titanfall and while that game was successfull it definitely petered off quickly.

I am glad to hear this game turned out well. I definitely wrote of the series after 4. Not gonna play it myself though because I am not getting another console just for that game. If I had the money to spare maybe, but currently that is not an option.

Your best option is to try it out at your friend's house or something so atleast you could say that I tried it because I think it's worth trying if you have that option to do so. The mobility and verticality really makes the gameplay in H5 something special.

Xater

Your best option is to try it out at your friend's house or something so atleast you could say that I tried it because I think it's worth trying if you have that option to do so. The mobility and verticality really makes the gameplay in H5 something special.

Finding someone who owns an Xbox One in Germany is kinda difficult. ;) Seriously, I don't know a single person who has one. Everyone just own a PS4 and possibly also a WiiU.

justjim89

Do the people who hate the Witcher 3's combat realize there is a side step as a well as a roll? A lot people I've seen play only know there's a roll and they never use the side step which makes everything rather tedious unless you're playing a tank build and can just take damage.

I loved Witcher 3's combat and that's one of the big reasons. It's the perfect depiction and actualization of Witcher style combat as described in the lore and the books. It's described as dance-like, with a lot of spins and pirouettes. Between the attack animations and the side step, Geralt is able to look like and be an incredibly nimble fighter.

And from a gameplay perspective, giving you multiple dodges to use in different situations for a character and combat system based around evasion is about as empowering as you can get. It's probably my favorite combat of any RPG.

I don't understand the people who don't like it. Are you just button mashing? Are you playing it like Dark Souls?

Xater

I loved Witcher 3's combat and that's one of the big reasons. It's the perfect depiction and actualization of Witcher style combat as described in the lore and the books. It's described as dance-like, with a lot of spins and pirouettes. Between the attack animations and the side step, Geralt is able to look like and be an incredibly nimble fighter.

And from a gameplay perspective, giving you multiple dodges to use in different situations for a character and combat system based around evasion is about as empowering as you can get. It's probably my favorite combat of any RPG.

I don't understand the people who don't like it. Are you just button mashing? Are you playing it like Dark Souls?

Yeah I didn't have much issues with the combat either and I actually played the game on hard. That also requires you to actually do proper preparation for the fights ahead. I actually had to think about all the shit I needed to drink before I went ahead into whatever combat scenario is coming up.

I'm starting to consider an xbox one around the holidays, but I'm starting to realize that that would involve getting back into a group of friends i havent even talked to in like 4 years

RE_Player

Kind of shocked Jeff posted his Halo 5 review before release. He usually waits for multiplayer games to at least play some matches on launch day to see if servers hold up.

Myggen

There's some mild Halo 5 story spoilers in the new GB Presents podcast from 05:50 to 08:30 if people want to go into that story completely spoiler free.

Patryn

Kind of shocked Jeff posted his Halo 5 review before release. He usually waits for multiplayer games to at least play some matches on launch day to see if servers hold up.

If you want eyeballs on your reviews, you pretty much need them to go up at the same time as everybody else.

I also think Jeff is kind of over reviews. He's pretty much said that the only reason they still do them is that if they stopped, they'd lose a lot of access.

justjim89

Yeah I didn't have much issues with the combat either and I actually played the game on hard. That also requires you to actually do proper preparation for the fights ahead. I actually had to think about all the shit I needed to drink before I went ahead into whatever combat scenario is coming up.

Yeah I love that aspect of it as well. I played it on the 2nd hardest difficulty and it really requires you to look in the bestiary about what you'll be fighting, get your bombs and potions ready, apply blade oils, use the correct signs, and fight intelligently.

A roleplaying game about being a Witcher rewards those who roleplay as a Witcher.

Xater

Yeah I love that aspect of it as well. I played it on the 2nd hardest difficulty and it really requires you to look in the bestiary about what you'll be fighting, get your bombs and potions ready, apply blade oils, use the correct signs, and fight intelligently.

A roleplaying game about being a Witcher rewards those who roleplay as a Witcher.

Definitely. Was a big part for my why I enjoyed it so much. I love how it got me involved in everything I had to do.

From Jeff's review Granted, Jeff is no Halo expert, but neither am I. A decent story is good enough for me as I barely pay attention to the Halo story.
Sounds like you would enjoy the story enough, I think that the more invested you are in the Halo story the more disappointing you will find 5's story.

LiK

I still can't believe Dan is gonna give up on Witcher 3 cuz of that one story mission quest. it's really not that long and it gets way better. just go Easy and enjoy the story.

I still can't believe Dan is gonna give up on Witcher 3 cuz of that one story mission quest. it's really not that long and it gets way better. just go Easy and enjoy the story.
It sounds like he stopped because he burnt out on everything before that quest and when he got to that quest he realised that he didn't care any more.

MG310

That is the part I hate most about New Japan. It's so bad it actually makes me uncomfortable watching it.

It's just Maria and Yujiro's valets really. They didn't do that with Amber Gallows or when Shinsuke was accompanied to the ring by an entire strip club.

Xater

I just go on binges of watching old 90s joshi pro matches and that usually fills my need for japanese wrestling

Aja Kong ftw

That's cool, but I want to see good new stuff. So mostly I just watch new Japan or go to my somewhat local indie (wXw). At least to their big shows because then they also bring in lots of talent from all over the world, with of course more people from the US and Japan. I have seen Kushida that way for example. Sadly missed the show when Tanahashi was here.

It's just Maria and Yujiro's valets really. They didn't do that with Amber Gallows or when Shinsuke was accompanied to the ring by an entire strip club.

I know, it's still super bad.

I'm pretty sure he said that people have told him it gets way better from where he is. He still didn't care.

No point in continuing if you don't wanna play it anymore. It'll probably just make him like it less and mash through the text just to get through it and that'd be way worse than stopping.

hamchan

It sounds like he stopped because he burnt out on everything before that quest and when he got to that quest he realised that he didn't care any more.

I wonder if he's burnt out, bored or more aware of the flaws of MGSV now that he has to watch Drew play it again, especially since Drew plays super rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom