• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has an affinity for Roller Coaster Tycoon, its for 1 and 2. And if that's true, Parkitect might be a better fit for them than RCT World. It too is coming soon (it's in early access right now for $15). Unlike RCT World, which continues the full 3D or RCT3, Parkitect has RCT 1 and 2's isometric look. http://www.themeparkitect.com/

What's the rumblings from people in the alpha? Looking like a worthy successor?

What's the rumblings from people in the alpha? Looking like a worthy successor?

I think people seem to like it, but the game is clearly not finished by looking through the stuff they keep adding. You can track the additions in their Devlog. http://devlog.themeparkitect.com/ It looks like they just added the ability for underground walkways, for instance. It sounds like they are allowing for a lot of mod support, something that RCT 1 and 2 had, but did not support well. Mods have become more prevalent and user friendly since then.

Edit- Looking at some recent posted videos on YouTube, it looks like, despite the isometric look, you can ride your roller coasters. So, it's a mix of the early RCT games and the 3D ones. (Edit- The POV stuff is a mod)

Edit 2- Comparing RCT to Parkitect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ3594rYbs8

jambo

Just a heads up, but logging in to Giant Bomb is currently broken on Xbox One.

Hello, yes your assumptions are correct. The breakage in the xbox one with authentication is related to the TLS upgrade. We are waiting for the new Edge browser to be released, which we hope will support enhanced security features.

Can someone on the NXOE try out GB on Edge?

Giant Bomb has ruined real wrestling. First RAW, then WWE2k16, and now The King of the Mountain Double J Jeff Jarrett is smashing his guitar across an 8x10 for The Gerst? Too far.

2706688-9571610001-sN1Y3.gif

This is a great gif

this is going into my 'Sarcastic congratulations' folder

yami4ct

Watching Human Resource Machine quick look, it's awesome how that game teaches programing logic through relatively common language. I was pretty amazed to see program problems I've had on exams show up there. That reverse string problem is something I've seen in a couple different ways for different languages. What a cool way to teach conceptual programming.

Don't think I'll play it myself since I get enough of that from school, but I really hope that game introduces more people to programming.

popo

Let's see:

Jeff - Didn't like it from the start, clearly on record as not finishing it (Bombcast)
Brad - On record as not finishing it (Bombcast)
Drew - Didn't play it (Assumption)
Rorie - On record as not liking Witcher and not having played it (Bombcast)
Vinny - On record as not having finished it (Beastcast)
Alex - On record as not having played it (Beastcast)
Austin - On record as not having finished it (Beastcast)

That leaves only Jason, and as I recall he's on record as having stopped in the middle as well.

Just listen to the latest Bombcast and Beastcast and it's clear that nobody has finished it (or come close).

Alex played for the QL. Was at least10 hours in judging by his save.

Xater

The new Warzone mode is really cool and the biggest addition to the MP so I can see them showing that off as well as going into the microtransaction stuff.

That's what I am hoping. While I am not going to play it I am curious to see ll this stuff, preferably from GB.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I don't think I like Undertale much. I'm pretty sure I'm close to the end but I'm 100% hate-playing it at this point. It really overplays its hand imo. Like all the characters just get overbearing at a certain point and the whole middle of the game until now just feels like a slog.

I just had to get it out there. There has to be someone else who has some feelings other than undying adulation for this game, right?

Myggen

Guys I don't think I like Undertale much. I'm pretty sure I'm close to the end but I'm 100% hate-playing it at this point. It really overplays its hand imo. Like all the characters just get overbearing at a certain point and the whole middle of the game until now just feels like a slog.

I just had to get it out there. There has to be someone else who has some feelings other than undying adulation for this game, right?

I love it, but I can totally see the writing not being for everyone. Humor is so subjective.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Well, me. I played the demo and watched some videos. The writing wasn't for me at all and the gameplay is pretty limited. I knew I wouldn't have liked it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I love it, but I can totally see the writing not being for everyone. Humor is so subjective.

I was super on board with it like the first 2 hours but everything after the
Papyrus fight
has just been a drag. I can't stand that scientist character. Calls every 2 seconds, yeah I get it, you're an awkward weeb. Shut up already. I feel like Napstablook already nailed a lot of the same character traits more endearingly without hitting me over the head with it all the time.

I didn't find it particularly fun to play but I really enjoyed the actual experience. if you also don't like the writing on top of that, then I guess there's not much left there for oyou

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also pretty sure on the recent beastcast that vinny wanted to go back to the witcher.
Vinny loves the Witcher universe, but that 100h game is just daunting. I feel the same way...maybe some time next year for me and some more for Vinny this year so he can fight for it in the GotYs.

Xater

Vinny loves the Witcher universe, but that 100h game is just daunting. I feel the same way...maybe some time next year for me and some more for Vinny this year so he can fight for it in the GotYs.

I did it in 60h if that helps.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

I've been playing it since release. Slow and steady. Nowhere near done apparently :) GOTY (maybe)

Zaph

I played about 10 minutes of Undertale, up to the point where the dog woman asks me to walk through a corridor by myself, then congratulates me. I had to turn it off, I couldn't stand it. Does it do some miraculous 180 and become a completely different game, or is it just stuff like that?

I played about 10 minutes of Undertale, up to the point where the dog woman asks me to walk through a corridor by myself, then congratulates me. I had to turn it off, I couldn't stand it. Does it do some miraculous 180 and become a completely different game, or is it just stuff like that?
Kinda but don't force yourself to go through something you don't enjoy.

TraBuch

Banned
I NEED TO KNOW IF GB IS DOING THE PGW CONFERENCE.

Seriously, I can no longer watch those conferences without them making fun of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom