• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apropos of absolutely nothing, Dragon Quest Heroes is a superb drunk game. Of course, that's the only way to musou. Anyway, Yangus is my bro, and I really like his interactions with Healix, a friendly Cureslime.

where's the quicklook, giant bomb

Lelcar

tumblr_nsmz3ffCA01r9zdybo1_540.gif

tumblr_nsmz3ffCA01r9zdybo2_r1_540.png

tumblr_nsmz3ffCA01r9zdybo3_r1_540.gif

tumblr_nsmz3ffCA01r9zdybo4_r1_540.png

tumblr_nsmz3ffCA01r9zdybo5_r1_540.gif

(from tumblr) I remember this happening. I don't remember the exact video. EDIT - Actually I found it. It's from the Gamescom Conference.

Just FYI, if you're on Android pre-5.0 and had issues with the Giant Bomb Video Buddy, an update just went out on the Google Store that'll fix it.

Yeah I definitely don't think everyone is going to like it. I used a community controller config for MGSV and then tweaked it to my liking. Basically, left analog stick for movement of course, with weapon and item switching on the left track pad (functioning the same as a D-pad). Left trigger soft pull will do the "aim," while a full pull will look down iron sights and activate the gyro. In iron sights, larger movements are still on the right pad, but smaller movements (headshots) are lined up using the gyro.

Didn't catch your edit:

That was fixed with firmware a couple of days after release. Now the desktop controls are fully configurable and work great.

Awesome, I'll give it another shot. Could you PM me the config you're using for MGSV?

Lijik

Apropos of absolutely nothing, Dragon Quest Heroes is a superb drunk game. Of course, that's the only way to musou. Anyway, Yangus is my bro, and I really like his interactions with Healix, a friendly Cureslime.

where's the quicklook, giant bomb

i need to get back into this. I imported it back when it came out in japan, and was tired as hell when i started playing it which is the worst way to play a musou game. I nearly fell asleep during the intro levels and havent been back to it after clearing them.

TraBuch

Banned
I've been thinking of stepping into the Star Trek rabbit hole. I've literally never seen an entire episode. Should I start with the original series? TNG? Is there maybe a list of episodes I can skip and not miss anything like there is for The X-Files and Babylon 5?

i need to get back into this. I imported it back when it came out in japan, and was tired as hell when i started playing it which is the worst way to play a musou game. I nearly fell asleep during the intro levels and havent been back to it after clearing them.

I hate the claiming territory part of musou games, so I really appreciate that it doesn't have that. Still, way too many defend x missions.

Gnome

I've been thinking of stepping into the Star Trek rabbit hole. I've literally never seen an entire episode. Should I start with the original series? TNG? Is there maybe a list of episodes I can skip and not miss anything like there is for The X-Files and Babylon 5?
TNG after season 2 is the most watchable of Star Trek and a good place to start.

TNG would be a good starting point--just be aware that Season 1 has some weak episodes. There are 'critical path' guides if you want to avoid the weaker episodes, but honestly I'd just say watch the whole thing. TNG very much set the tone and established what Trek is in the modern era. It has a great cast, and its episodes can be really throught-provoking. It's a true classic.

From there, DS9 or TOS (the original series) would be a good next step; DS9 becomes much more narratively focused than other Trek shows, with episode-to-episode arcs and storylines, and TOS is, of course, the series that started it all. Either would be a good choice... and as dated as TOS is, it really is amazing how watchable it is, even nowadays. DS9, however, has some staff that cross over to become regulars from TNG, which will make it more familiar and it is far and away the darkest take on Star Trek.

The Trek movies (pre-Star trek '09) , Enterprise, and Voyager would be the other things worth watching, in that order. The movies have a very different feel than the shows. Enterprise is the series that killed Star Trek, but I've heard it got good in the last few seasons. Voyager was just really badly written overall, filled with plot contrivances and inconsistent characters, which makes it the worst Star Trek series by a fair margin... until the new movies.

I legit forgot the Division was a thing. It's been a year or two since they revealed it now, hasn't it? They're really betting big on it.

I wonder what hammy, fake bro-op session they'll show in the next demo.

I legit forgot the Division was a thing. It's been a year or two since they revealed it now, hasn't it? They're really betting big on it.

I wonder what hammy, fake bro-op session they'll show in the next demo.

The last gameplay they showed was pretty underwhelming, you could see the typical Ubisoft downgrade creeping through the seams. I imagine they are having a hard time getting the game to level they promised and talked about.

The last gameplay they showed was pretty underwhelming, you could see the typical Ubisoft downgrade creeping through the seams. I imagine they are having a hard time getting the game to level they promised and talked about.

Thats how the Ubisoft cycle goes

First "In-game" Trailer is amazing
Second "In-Game" trailer features bad fake multiplayer dialogue
And it's all downhill from there

Edit-I'm rewatching all the mario party partys, on episode 3 right now.

tuxfool

Banned

They started developing that game and engine such a long time ago I'm willing to give them slack for overestimating the weak capabilities the consoles have demonstrated.

Alas the downgrades happen across the board because they can't justify keeping higher quality assets for platforms that can handle them.

neshcom

Banned
Human Resource Machine looks fun, but not being on mobile yet is Lame. Not a lot of puzzle games can have that sort of depth while also seeming really portable-friendly. Unless someone knows of something similar already out on iOS?

Thats how the Ubisoft cycle goes

First "In-game" Trailer is amazing
Second "In-Game" trailer features bad fake multiplayer dialogue
And it's all downhill from there

Edit-I'm rewatching all the mario party partys, on episode 3 right now.

Are we waiting for the second trailer of Wildlands? I just went back to watch the reveal trailer and there is no way the game will end up with that fidelity.

Lunar FC

Wait, I thought Wildlands was a minimalist game where you played as a cave man, crafted stuff, and recruited animals or something like that with some weird multiplayer stuff. Made by a famous dev exclusively(?) for PS4.

I'm so confused right now.

Isn't that like 'Before' or something?

Anjin M

I've been slowly working my way through The Witcher 3 and I finally arrived at the famous Dandelion quests. I'm really enjoying them so far. It's probably because I've been reading the Witcher books and like Dandelion. The mystery is still ongoing, though I know people have complained about how long it takes. I guess I'll find out tonight.

Also, I love the quest log text for this series since it's written from Dandelion's point of view. A very nice touch.

I'm watching 90's wrestling and they're having a USA vs Canada flag match.

All this patriotism in this match must have been too much for Dan's teenage brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom