• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Davis: Who!? Who are these people that actually like [Demon's Souls]?
(10-06-2009 Bombcast)

It's also a good Bombcast to counter those "Giant Bomb has no enthusiasm" people. During the emails section they talk specifically about categorising a game as "the best ever," which necessitates probing into a particular person's history with games to really bring the statement into perspective. If only Brad had Brothers back then.

The time is not right for me though, it is not taking into effect the clocks going back. I am seeing 5.30PM

This is the right time...

t1445964300z0.png

Jintor

man i don't know how brothers became my go-to 'people like this game but I DON'T UGH' game but i wish that would get outta my head cos it's dumb and negative

A countdown is a sequence of backward counting to indicate the time remaining before an event is scheduled to occur. NASA commonly employs the term "T-minus" during the preparation for and anticipation of a rocket launch, and even "E-minus" for events that involve spacecraft that are already in space, where the "T" could stand for "Test" or "Time", and the "E" stands for "Encounter", as with a comet or some other space object.

Wikipedia: Countdown

Jintor

i think i just got tired of sasswots at some point. i watch every ql to see if it's drawn me back in... nope.

i think i might just be played out on ubisoft style open world at this point. squeenix on the other hand still has some fields to burn.

I think assassin's creed is the only series where I get irrationally irritated by, to the point of contempt.

Well you see people in the future want to find out what happened in the past, so they use the DNA of historical dead people in order to dive into their memories through their DNA. Then they have some person hook up their brain that reads this DNA that lets them create a virtual world, from the DNA, that takes place in the time where that DNA was alive. This person can control the DNA's original owner, in this virtual world, and not only hear what transpired but see everything as it was.

It makes perfect sense.

Jintor

Well you see people in the future want to find out what happened in the past, so they use the DNA of historical dead people in order to dive into their memories through their DNA. Then they have some person hook up their brain that reads this DNA that lets them create a virtual world, from the DNA, that takes place in the time where that DNA was alive. This person can control the DNA's original owner, in this virtual world, and not only hear what transpired but see everything as it was.

It makes perfect sense.

thetans

It makes perfect sense.

I prefer Dan's explanation of some dude gets in a tanning bed and dreams about his ancestors being mass murderers.

danm999

It makes perfect sense.

And sometimes precursor beings talk to the people in the future through the people in the past directly and they even know their blocking and which camera to look in and everything its amazing you guys.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

It makes perfect sense.

It's not even the story. Couldn't care less about it.

I just kind of hate... everything it stands for? Which isn't really a reasonable position to hold, but eh.

danm999

It's not even the story. Couldn't care less about it.

I just kind of hate... everything it stands for? Which isn't really a reasonable position to hold, but eh.

It kind of casts a long shady over lots of AAA development when you think about it.

Tower based open world design. Along with Call of Duty paved the way for annualized series. Pushed lots of publishers to attempt to make every new IP a "potential franchise". Pushed lots of developers and publishers to push story critical details into other media like comics.

danm999

Should I watch the Brad Ryan Deadly Premonition Endurance Run?

I've only ever watched the Jeff Vinny one. It's ok if it's not as entertaining as JV but is worth the 20-30 hours?

I've only ever watched the Jeff Vinny one. It's ok if it's not as entertaining as JV but is worth the 20-30 hours?

I liked the BR one more, personally. It was one of the first features I ever really got into on Giant Bomb, though, so maybe I'm just biased.

Let it be known that Brad's voice dulcet tones are the reason to listen to Giant Bomb content.

Think of vintage Brad playing a video game for 15 minutes, how frustrated are you? If your answer "i want to die" then no, isn't worth watching.

I'm really digging Warzone in Halo 5. It's probably the closest thing to a MOBA I could get into along with Overwatch.

Yeah it's really fun, I wish there was a little more AI running around to map but for the most part I still enjoy it. The assault variant is fun as well, even if it should probably be two rounds instead of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom