• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renpatsu

Persona had a soul to begin with. I don't know that Sassins ever did

But what if

Assassins Creed: High School Anime Edition
So...
assassination-classroom-3424107.jpg

I dont know what I like more about watching old gamespot video reviews.

Jeff's blond air.
Brad's deep voice
Alex basically being exactly the same he is now
Or Greg Kasavin being dope.
And going bald over the span of a year.

Video Games websites needs more Greg Kasavins. Dude was the man.

strafer

Jeff's blond air.
Brad's deep voice

Greg is the man. They should get him on a UPF.

oti

Banned

Jeff's blond air.
Brad's deep voice

oh my god there is a non-bold version of him?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
What is Supergiant even doing right now? Did Transistor turn out well for them?

I was wondering the same thing recently. They released bastion in 2011, announced transistor in 2013, and released that last year.

You'd imagine they're working on something, and if they stuck loosely to that pattern you'd expect an announcement next year.

I have no idea how transistor did though.

Supergiant seems like a PSX reveal if I had to guess.

Also did Bastion ever hit vita? I got in PSN but waiting for that version and hoping its good

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That's just great, I wanted to watch them watch the Sony thing but now my eyes are bleeding because I looked at the comment section of Austin's SXSW article. And I imagine the GB comments are relatively moderated. Poor Rorie.

That's just great, I wanted to watch them watch the Sony thing but now my eyes are bleeding because I looked at the comment section of Austin's SXSW article. And I imagine the GB comments are relatively moderated. Poor Rorie.

I saw the number of comments on the article and figured that venturing into the comments was probably a terrible idea.

danm999

It's not as bad as I thought but I noticed Myggen in there fighting the good fight. :p

There are definitely some "AUSTIN DARES WRITE ABOUT THIS? SUBSCRIPTION CANCELLED!" that I am very amused to check in on in a week and see if they did unsubscribe.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I saw the number of comments on the article and figured that venturing into the comments was probably a terrible idea.

On the plus side I listened to the "SJWs killed cartoons" thing and it remained super awkward.

It's not as bad as I thought but I noticed Myggen in there fighting the good fight. :p

There are definitely some "AUSTIN DARES WRITE ABOUT THIS? SUBSCRIPTION CANCELLED!" that I am very amused to check in on in a week and see if they did unsubscribe.

Friend of mine is on reddit (which, granted is not that special) and he send me some fun stuff from that GG subreddit. Boy-oh-boy. I like a good cringe, so I was almost tempted to go and look for myself.

Hagi

Seems like a few people actually signed up just to comment on the article. Some Dev with a questionable twitter even confronted Austin on twitter so he could get his opinion in the article. GG stuff gives me a headache I don't know how this shit hasn't ground to a halt after over a year.

Jintor

the fact that people gave the movement any credibility when it was started over a not written review for a free game is just...........................

......................................i don't have words for how stupid you have to be

danm999

Friend of mine is on reddit (which, granted is not that special) and he send me some fun stuff from that GG subreddit. Boy-oh-boy. I like a good cringe, so I was almost tempted to go and look for myself.

That's what /r GamerGhazi is for. They highlight and laugh at the funniest stuff for you.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The sad thing is I think a lot of shit flies on the GB Forums/comments that you'd (rightfully) get banned for on GAF. Like a bunch of very clearly recent accounts coming in and posting some super obvious "well idk about gamergate but I'm clearly a fair and neutral person and not at all a GG plant" shit.

Or for example that post I screengrabbed yesterday. I'm friends with one of the mods and he said we can't ban him for that.

Hagi

the fact that people gave the movement any credibility when it was started over a not written review for a free game is just...........................

......................................i don't have words for how stupid you have to be

People like to ignore that it was started as a hate campaign against one solitary developer and harp on about saving journalism. KotakuInAction is filled to the brim with posts about media controlling how they've been unfairly labelled a hate group and blah blah blah

That Law and Order episode sure was something though..

Zaph

They have the PGW stream starting an hour later than it's supposed to on my timezone...

Upcoming times will be one hour off for a couple weeks until the former colonies get their shit together and fix their clocks.

The sad thing is I think a lot of shit flies on the GB Forums/comments that you'd (rightfully) get banned for on GAF. Like a bunch of very clearly recent accounts coming in and posting some super obvious "well idk about gamergate but I'm clearly a fair and neutral person and not at all a GG plant" shit.

Or for example that post I screengrabbed yesterday. I'm friends with one of the mods and he said we can't ban him for that.

I imagine it's a lot harder for mods to police intellectually dishonest/concern trolling posts on an open forum compared to a closed one like GAF, until the user crosses an obvious line. It's easy to forget GAF's ban policy is akin to "you know it when you see it", which is a very difficult rule set to write down in TOC's and takes years of community management to get there, and even then it's not perfect (as illustrated by some of the drama that's gone done in certain communities).

Upcoming times will be one hour off for a couple weeks until the former colonies get their shit together and fix their clocks.

This kind of shit wouldnt happen if we just adopted Swatch Internet time.

Anyway I need to take a damn nap. I have been awake 22 hours.

Ill you guys back at 239 beats

Peace!

Kelas

I still can't get over the fact that the gooble gobblers manufactured a mascot cartoon girl who just wants to play games and stuff, and refer to Christina Sommers as "mom".

Xater

Watched a live stream of the New Legacy guys this morning playing some WWE 2k16. Unsurprisingly that game is again a shit show. Can't wait for the QL!

Myggen

Heh yeah, people should check something like Gamespot's or IGN's comments every time they post an article even slightly related to GG or social justice. A total fucking shit show.

I remember when Gamespot posted an article about GaymerX. The comment section was just pages of homophobia and "WHY DON'T THEY HAVE A GAMING EVENT FOR STRAIGHT PEOPLE?????" Just shut the fuck up.

I remember when Gamespot posted an article about GaymerX. The comment section was just pages of homophobia and "WHY DON'T THEY HAVE A GAMING EVENT FOR STRAIGHT PEOPLE?????" Just shut the fuck up.
I dunno, an event dedicated for the straight white dudes who want their own event sounds like a good idea to me.

Kelas

Every day is a dedicated straight white dude gaming event day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom