• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Wow, had no idea about the No Man's Sky rumour/speculation. Seems too nuts to pull off.

Pretty nuts if the Paris stuff ends with "No Man's Sky is available right now!"

For people not in the stream Jeff was talking about rumours saying how the game might get released this week.

Zaph

no, they have beards/aren't feminine so it's probably Bara

care to share with the class/people not on mixlr?

You can't just throw that into a thread without context and then not elaborate what you mean man. That's against the law.

what is it

Apologies. Jeff mentioned on Mixlr mutterings he's heard that No Man's Sky might be surprise released after the press conference or sometime this week.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You can't just throw that into a thread without context and then not elaborate what you mean man. That's against the law.
So this is not twitter where you can just allude to some thing that happened somewhere?

Also, Dhalsim is probably the Street Fighter reveal today, Ono is hinting again.

justjim89

For those of you that are still confused with WWE, here is an example of why it is good sometimes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6QzC5n8IE

Big E is a national treasure. God bless him. Everything that man says and does is hilarious.

Currently throwing my horn up.

How can you not love The New Day when they've given us the greatest t-shirt ever produced?

W10497A.jpg

Two things:
1. Sleepy Lesson is the best.
2. Super Mario Maker is getting checkpoints and contextual power-ups. Maybe it has a shot at GOTY after all.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What if they found out that one of the planets in NMS just happens to be Half Life 3? Like some "1000 Monkeys, 1000 Typewriters" shit? And they will just release that part of the game? Think about it.

Also, my ears are bleeding Jeff!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Somehow I doubt Dan or Cosmo would be putting in checkpoints along the way to make it easier anyway. Maybe if there were checkpoints available from the start though, Dan wouldn't have gotten into that hellish nightmare puzzle box style in the first place. If it were an option back on the first community video, I could see Jeff insisting on throwing a checkpoint or two after some of the dumber spots.

erawsd

Big E is a national treasure. God bless him. Everything that man says and does is hilarious.

Currently throwing my horn up.

How can you not love The New Day when they've given us the greatest t-shirt ever produced?

W10497A.jpg

Can I get a fake one without that lame ass logo at the bottom?

Two things:
1. Sleepy Lesson is the best.
2. Super Mario Maker is getting checkpoints and contextual power-ups. Maybe it has a shot at GOTY after all.

qJkJyiP.gif

I don't really know what that gif means in this context, I just like it

he only says it's false that it's coming out today.

tomorrow confirmed!

Guys I just got past the No Man's Sky cycle of excitement > disappointment > cautious optimism > excitement etc

I can't fall back into this.

Lelcar

Wow, that Mario Maker update is great. If they keep updating that game with such care like this, it's going to be incredible. Mario Maker got me invested and passionate about building things, which I don't normally like to do in any video game ever. I was one of those people who was like "i'm just going to play levels" but damn it is so much more fun to build your own stuff. And it's very easy to find a forum or something to get people to play your levels too. Anyway, I like SMM.

I always find it funny to listen to Jeff's mixlr or tumblr only to find that he'll repeat the same topics when he records the Bombcast or a video on the site. It's funny because it's almost like I'm getting spoilers or a sneak peak for the Bombcast.

TraBuch

Banned
Somehow I doubt Dan or Cosmo would be putting in checkpoints along the way to make it easier anyway. Maybe if there were checkpoints available from the start though, Dan wouldn't have gotten into that hellish nightmare puzzle box style in the first place. If it were an option back on the first community video, I could see Jeff insisting on throwing a checkpoint or two after some of the dumber spots.
I'm pretty sure Dan's gonna put a checkpoint in a goomba prison with no way to get out or something.

Xater

Guys does anyone on here have access right now to a university network? I was checking for texts today and forgot to check Games and Culture (http://gac.sagepub.com/) where you have to buy texts unless you access them from a Uni Network. So if anyone could help me out so I can continue working on this today that would be grand.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I wonder whether having direct access to his listening trends on the radio helped me come to terms with Jeff's terrible taste in games more easily, or whether knowing his taste in games is what let me just accept the terrible music he'll stop and listen to. Real chicken and egg quandary I've got here.

Lijik

I'm pretty sure Dan's gonna put a checkpoint in a goomba prison with no way to get out or something.

Depending how many checkpoints you can put down, a level where you actively have to avoid checkpoints to avoid being trapped in inescapable areas sounds particularly hellish
edit- although if start over still starts you from the start, what i have in my head isnt particuarly devious.

Okrag

Depending how many checkpoints you can put down, a level where you actively have to avoid checkpoints to avoid being trapped in inescapable areas sounds particularly hellish

You have to be able to complete the level from any checkpoint you place in order to upload it.

Guys does anyone on here have access right now to a university network? I was checking for texts today and forgot to check Games and Culture (http://gac.sagepub.com/) where you have to buy texts unless you access them from a Uni Network. So if anyone could help me out so I can continue working on this today that would be grand.

Doesn't your university offer VPN connection?

I can try if my school connection works, just let me know what you need.

repeater

I seem to have access from work: PM me your email and what articles you'll need and I'll try to set you up.

Also, for someone working in a different field the titles of the papers in this journal seem amazing: "Social Benefits of Playing Wii Bowling for Older Adults", "Who Will Play Terebi Gēmu When No Japanese Children Remain? Distanced Engagement in Atlus’ Catherine", "Virtual Warlords: An Ethnomethodological View of Group Identity and Leadership in EVE Online". :)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I am in my uni library right now, what do you need?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I do but it doesn't look like I'm getting any automatic authentication from that site like I get on others...PM me if you want me to try something.

Xater

Noray you are the best! Thanks a bunch for helping me out here. I was afraid I would have to burn gas again tomorrow just to get these texts. Also means I can read some of it today.

I seem to have access from work: PM me your email and what articles you'll need and I'll try to set you up.

Also, for someone working in a different field the titles of the papers in this journal seem amazing: "Social Benefits of Playing Wii Bowling for Older Adults", "Who Will Play Terebi Gēmu When No Japanese Children Remain? Distanced Engagement in Atlus’ Catherine", "Virtual Warlords: An Ethnomethodological View of Group Identity and Leadership in EVE Online". :)

Funny enough that EVE text is one if the texts I need. Plan is to write about EVE Online and how virtual and real world converge.

Most Game Studies site I use anyone can just access. I always forget you need to be at a Uni network for the Games and Culture stuff...

Brashnir

edit- although if start over still starts you from the start, what i have in my head isnt particuarly devious.

It's still devious if you put the hellish checkpoint after a good, useful checkpoint. Work your ass off to reach checkpoint 1, only to be screwed when you go down a pipe and hit checkpoint 2, and then have to restart from the beginning.

Patryn

Carrot sticks are best consumed after you have finished some nice hot buffalo wings. Use the carrot to scoop up all the remaining hot sauce.

Delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom