• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
In ministry school everyone avoids the internet so they aren't tempted by the devil which could possibly prevent them from becoming a minister.

But using the internet actually makes it easier to become a minister. Irony!

"it's ironic how easy it is!" - ign.com

It sounds like whoever filled out Dan's Disciplinary warning for his cinema job gave waaaay too much of a shit.

I worked in multiple movie theaters across several years and I can say with some authority that theater management have very high opinions of themselves and their work

Anjin M

It sounds like whoever filled out Dan's Disciplinary warning for his cinema job gave waaaay too much of a shit.
I worked in multiple movie theaters across several years and I can say with some authority that theater management have very high opinions of themselves and their work
I was going to go with one or both of his compatriots having tattled on him because they had to pick up.his slack. I saw that a bunch too.

Lucky for me, I only ever did one summer in a theater. "Upsize to a medium for a quarter more or a large for fifty cents?"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

They are in charge of making sure cinematic marvels show promptly at start times and show with the best quality possible. They are the real magicians in the chain of cinema.

danm999

I'm surprised honestly because I thought Kansas was one of those states where your boss can fire you because they think you looked at them funny.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm surprised honestly because I thought Kansas was one of those states where your boss can fire you because they think you looked at them funny.

The secret is that it's too much work to hire new people so you quickly find out it's all a bluff.

Anjin M

The secret is that it's too much work to hire new people so you quickly find out it's all a bluff.
The place I work at now has a terrible attrition rate among new hires. They come in through a temp agency and fire them six months later if they are not meeting their numbers. We are ramping up staffing again for the end of the year with about 400 new hires. I doubt more than a quarter of them will see next summer.

daydream

Banned
jeff asking for a mad max-style 'armed car' game "that's not arena-based" while playing speed rumbler on the capcom arcade cabinet 1985-ii pack ql

little did he know

Testing.

EDIT: Sweet.

Man, you're great!

I was wondering, how many Metal Gear Scanlon's do you have stored up? Is it enough to cover Drew's vacation? Do you have any idea why the past two episodes haven't shown up on the schedule? They've just uploaded. Are the episodes wearing a sneaking suit or something?

Also, your poor dad. Is he staying up for this game? It's tied 4-4 and is going to the bottom of the 14th inning!! Edit- Game over. Royals won Game 1.

daydream

Banned
the reactions to snake lady during the wild bit were so good

snakelady00k97.gif

snakelady2vtain.gif

yup. nobody missed those, though!

Actually, the Edith Finch stuff was just as good. When it turned into a shark, they looked so perplexed and instantly intrigued.

Also, going by the John Vignocchi podcast, I doubt we'll get one of these talk over videos for PSX, as it sounds like they (at least, Jeff) will be going to the press conference, as the venue is literally blocks from the office.

I wonder what the heck Ancel is even doing at Ubisoft these days.

Rayman Legends was a while ago. And even then that was a game delayed 6 months after it was finished. Dude has to be deep into something. Or he is just doing busy work sitting out a contract.

Anyway Wild looks super fun and dumb.

Rayman Legends was a while ago. And even then that was a game delayed 6 months after it was finished. Dude has to be deep into something. Or he is just doing busy work sitting out a contract.

I'm sure whatever he's working on will be beyond all our expectations. Maybe some game with a molarty system, good and evil choices, you know?

since my playthrough of Tony Hawk 5 I have

100%'d THPS1 eleven times
100%'d THPS2 five times
100%'d THPS3 nine times

and have played about two Bombcasts worth of THUG PRO

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I do like how the apathy toward Wild at the start quickly changed into genuine excitement. Fucking hilarious and a really promising demo.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
This Paris stream is so good. Dunno how GB constantly makes these streams so watchable, but I love it.

Honestly I thought it was one of their weaker conference streams. Not because they were boring or anything, just because the conference was so uneventful - very few awkward moments or shocks.

AcridMeat

Banned
Guys even the audience questions were good on the Podfest Bombcast. What a delightful episode, it was nice to hear Jeff and Vinny bounce stories off each other again.

Xater

You know if Ubisoft doesn't let him go wild (heh) it is great to see he can do it outside of their jurisdiction. So who cares what he is doing there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom