• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

lol, I actually don't remember that. When does that happen?

There were a couple of things. Hard to remeber all of it. The whole English language reveal in the cutscenes you got was something you could hear about in the tapes for example before it even happened. I remember all the exposition by Codetalker being basically a repeat because that was also in the tapes.

Unfinished: The Flame in the Flood

It's the East Crew handling this one.

danm999

Choose Your Own Adventure in a few hours which, just looking at that thread again on the GB Forums, seems like it'll be Life is Strange for the final time before they spin it off into a Playdate thing.

Heimbeck

Banned
I would say the constant "why won't they play The Last of Us" complaints in 2013 was funnier but that ended up winning GOTY. Witcher 3 not breaking top 10 will be some spectacle.

I see it being on the list, and then they get around to cutting stuff and TW3 gets taken off immediately.

I seriously doubt it's going to be on any of the top 10 lists.

danm999

Mega Halo 5 Spoilers.

Cortana is now all evil and is going to try enslave the galaxy.

Also she might have a Halo.

CLIFF HANGER!

Ok that makes Jeff's comment about Halo 6 being the important game make more sense. Well I probably don't need to play Halo 5 in the short to medium term then.

This seems like an ok cliffhanger. Not as bad the Halo 2 one as least, but they also said that.
It literally ends with Cortana revealing she's evil and then she escapes and the characters basically shrug and then that's it until halo 6. It's a real bad cliffhanger especially when you consider that it basically means that nothing really happens in the game. The most interesting storyline isn't about Locke or Chief and it's not even given a lot of focus.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It will be fun when jeff tries to discount a game having an epic story by saying "It was too long".

At this point any game longer than 2 hours is too long for jeff.

The salt is already real based on imaginary arguments. Can't wait for the GOTY casts.

also hahahaha @ that Halo 5 ending. Are you for real. An entire game based around Locke chasing MC chasing Cortana and it ends when something interesting actually happens? cool

Patryn

The Majority of GB either dislikes it and/or is lukewarm on it and/or haven't played it.

They don't dislike it. I think Dan has still said it's one of the best games he's played this year.

They just burned out on it.

I'd honestly be shocked if it doesn't make the Top 10.

However, I'm still amazed that anyone thought that it ever had a chance at winning GOTY outright.

I kind of feel like Halo would be in a better place after the 343 take over they created a new protagonist out of the gate instead of bringing back Master Chief.

Heck dont you spend most of 5 playing as someone else and MC takes the back seat ala Solid Snake in MGS2?
is that a spoiler?

Heimbeck

Banned
They don't dislike it. I think Dan has still said it's one of the best games he's played this year.

They just burned out on it.

I'd honestly be shocked if it doesn't make the Top 10.

However, I'm still amazed that anyone thought that it ever had a chance at winning GOTY outright.

If no-one could stay interested enough to finish it I don't think it deserves a place on the list.

Herbs

Banned
I mean, while the whole of MGS5 is absurd storywise, some of the best stuff from the Scanlon series has been Drew putting the story together. Just feel like we're missing out on that whole aspect. Interesting way to finish the series. I look forward to the end of Metal Gear Scanlon 5 as they put the story together. They'll probably just listent to them in an info dump and it will be boring. meh.

Moaradin

If no-one could stay interested enough to finish it I don't think it deserves a place on the list.

Everyone actively disliked Destiny yet it ended up being in the top 10

Though they did say that this year is a lot better and top 10 will be a lot harder. I wouldn't be surprised if Witcher doesn't make it at all.

eh, if it's as fun to play as it looks then I'd still be on board. but yeah that does kind of sound like a bummer.
It definitely plays really well and there are also a handful of really good combat encounters. It's totally worth playing if you enjoy the Halo games, despite the story issues.

I'm catching up on the last Choose Your Own Adventure, and just got to the point where they finished episode 1. I need to play this game! Such an interesting tone. The dialogue is cringy at times, but it seems appropriate at least.

It definitely plays really well and there are also a handful of really good combat encounters. It's totally worth playing if you enjoy the Halo games, despite the story issues.

I've never been super invested in the stories, even though they've occasionally had some really good moments. it's always been about the cool setpiece encounters and mechanics. I've had more fun with fights on Legendary than in damn near any other FPS series.

I'm catching up on the last Choose Your Own Adventure, and just got to the point where they finished episode 1. I need to play this game! Such an interesting tone. The dialogue is cringy at times, but it seems appropriate at least.

The teen talk stuff is at its worst in ep. 1. They definitely tone it down in the rest of the series (thankfully). And yeah, Life is Strange is absolutely worth a playthrough of your own.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
GOTY: MGS V

Disappointment of the Year: MGS V

You know, I don't agree but I think there's a case to be made there, legitimately. I just had zero expectations for story going in because MGS4 permanently turned me on the concept of an MGS Canon.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I just decided to believe that teens actually talk like that these days.

Amazing game.

That's a great idea, I'm excited to play. I feel like I'm good enough now to play with y'all, so if anybody wants to add me on steam please do!
The teen talk stuff is at its worst in ep. 1. They definitely tone it down in the rest of the series (thankfully). And yeah, Life is Strange is absolutely worth a playthrough of your own.

That's good to hear! I also love the soundtrack, this sort of acoustic indie folk music is so far up my alley I'm coughing up banjo strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom