• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like I should get back into Rocket League, I assume that the game isn't dead on pc.

I've never been super invested in the stories, even though they've occasionally had some really good moments. it's always been about the cool setpiece encounters and mechanics. I've had more fun with fights on Legendary than in damn near any other FPS series.
Halo 5 definitely has some of the better set pieces in the series. I think that 5 stands just below 3 when it comes to the combat encounters.

ArjanN

Unless it has some sort of bar filling/additiction hooks. See CoD, Borderlands, Marvel Heroes, that wrestling card game, clicker games etc.

I think he likes games he can sort of zone out on while doing other stuff like listen to music. Dan brought this up as a postive for MGSV last week, but really I kind of feel that just means the game isn't that engaging. Although I do get the appeal of games like that occasionally, they're can be sort of relaxing when listening to the bombcast for example.

They don't dislike it. I think Dan has still said it's one of the best games he's played this year.

They just burned out on it.

I'd honestly be shocked if it doesn't make the Top 10.

However, I'm still amazed that anyone thought that it ever had a chance at winning GOTY outright.

Yeah, it's pretty obvous it's mostly just that it's too long to really fit into their schedule, and getting kinda annoyed by people pushing it on them a little too hard.

It sounds like I should get back into Rocket League, I assume that the game isn't dead on pc.

It's hugely active on PC.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Totally! It's not just the song choices, it's the great timing in their use.

Yeah, I don't really like most music like in LiS normally but it's really well used. I was sold as soon as Max walked out into the hall, put in her earbuds and you just saw all the kids and teachers in the hallway in episode 1 in the QL. There's just nothing like that in games and I love that there's actual diversity, like every character has their own model and body type and it's not just a bunch of copy/paste jobs with different faces. LiS respects the hell out of its characters, even the bit parts, and that's really commendable.

hamchan

I've played more Destiny than Witcher 3 because I like to listen to gaming podcasts while playing Destiny and I end up listening to the Bombcast talk about Destiny while I play Destiny while laughing at Jeff complaining that they talk too much about Destiny.

Lelcar

Final Fantasy 3,4,5 were all trash compared to 6 though.
image.php
:(

LiK

I've played more Destiny than Witcher 3 because I like to listen to gaming podcasts while playing Destiny and I end up listening to the Bombcast talk about Destiny while I play Destiny while laughing at Jeff complaining that they talk too much about Destiny.

it's a wonderful way to play Destiny.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It's true, the less you think about Destiny while playing Destiny, the more numbing the experience is, and the easier it is to slip into a fugue state where time just passes without anything really registering

Bacon

I literally can't play destiny without listening to podcasts at the same time. It feels like I'm missing something if I try to just play the game by itself

mintyice

Destiny was super boring for me because very few of my friends play video games, and the ones who did play it played on a different console. It's hard to play a 'social game' when you don't have people to socialize with.

Destiny was super boring for me because very few of my friends play video games, and the ones who did play it played on a different console. It's hard to play a 'social game' when you don't have people to socialize with.

Yeah, this is exactly what's stopping me from playing it. Only a very small handful of my friends play games at all and the ones who do aren't shooter fans, let alone dedicated enough to try and coordinate a raid or something. If I had some pals to play with I'd be very tempted to take the plunge.

I don't know that I would call Destiny a very social game, you don't actually need to talk to people for the vast majority of the content and the communication options in the game are very limited.

mintyice

I don't know that I would call Destiny a very social game, you don't actually need to talk to people for the vast majority of the content and the communication options in the game are very limited.

Not social in a primary sense, but more in a meta way. Hearing about other people's Destiny experiences, seems like people just boot it up and play when their friends are online and just use it to talk about other stuff unrelated to the game. Like on TeamGFB Radio, Darryl and his wife just use it to talk to old friends they moved away from as a way to stay in touch.

ps: Is GiantSync dead already?

Joeku

Holy fuck Rocket League getting mutators. The game just keeps getting better.

My tope 3 for GotY right now are RL, Life is Strange, and Her Story, and they couldn't be more different. Video games are awesome.

Edit: yeah, Megasoum, I had flashbacks to E3 and the Shenmue reveal and people going "Ugh, do they even LIKE video games?" Yes, they do.

demidar

Holy fuck Rocket League getting mutators. The game just keeps getting better.

My tope 3 for GotY right now are RL, Life is Strange, and Her Story, and they couldn't be more different. Video games are awesome.

Edit: yeah, Megasoum, I had flashbacks to E3 and the Shenmue reveal and people going "Ugh, do they even LIKE video games?" Yes, they do.

The only thing missing from Rocket League is InstaGib Shock Rifles.

I have life is strange and her story sitting and waiting for my steam link since my wife dislikes my office but wants to play the games

right now my top 3 are probably Cities Skylines, Rocket League, and BloodBorne.

most disappointing is either batman or metal gear though. Probably batman because what a turd in every aspect that isn't fighting guys

also I have corrections to send to alex about his rock band stuff but I can't be assed to send the email and I hope other people cover it.

They had a correction about a month ago that no one ever commented on and it still bothers the shit out of me though so maybe I should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom