• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Hey Adventure Zone fans, who are these replacement people on my Adventure Zone podcast and is it worth listening to?

I liked it quite a bit. It's a much different kind of episode, but it was a fun self contained story. The people are from the MaxFun show The Flophouse. It's a bad movie podcast that seems well liked among people who's taste I trust. I haven't checked it out myself.

Also, Griffon has said he's going to try and integrate their characters into the main AZ campaign at some point, so it's probably worth checking out just for that.

tchocky

The way Dan said that sounded weird to me. I feel like they have more in the can than they are letting on. I guess we will know soon, as the recent patch change the layout of a few things in game, so we will know when they were recorded.when we see them.

According to this achievement tracker site they have played the game for just over 11 hours and they have already uploaded about 10 hours so 1 episode is probably right, possibly 0 episodes if they have left the game running.

Jintor

Hey Adventure Zone fans, who are these replacement people on my Adventure Zone podcast and is it worth listening to?

some whatever network they're on bullshit where they trade podcasts for a week.

i don't know because i hate every single max fun zone ad on their network except for the adventure zone ones

They're from a bad movie podcast, but they were like one of the first bad movie podcasts and I think a lot of them are daily show writers. One of them used to be the head writer at least.

yami4ct

some whatever network they're on bullshit where they trade podcasts for a week.

i don't know because i hate every single max fun zone ad on their network except for the adventure zone ones

Outside of the McElroy family of podcasts, the only MaxFun shows I listen to are Judge John Hodgman and Oh No Ross and Carrie. I have a lot of fun with ONRaC in particular, but it's only cool if you like hearing the inner workings of fringe religious groups and weird alternative medicine.

That's an elaborate ruse, he's actually off to fight ISIS in the Middle East, much like he thwarted that nuclear plot in North Korea.

wySi4Vkl.png

Brashnir

I just... Love listening to this. It's just a special kind of beautiful. Not only do you hear the crazy, but you also hear Jeff's ability to work with that level of crazy. 20 years of experience with nut jobs covered in a level headed conversation on his side.

Jeff is the fucking best. For real.

yami4ct

I just... Love listening to this. It's just a special kind of beautiful. Not only do you hear the crazy, but you also hear Jeff's ability to work with that level of crazy. 20 years of experience with nut jobs covered in a level headed conversation on his side.

I'm surprised Jeff hang on that long with that. It was clear that no matter how reasonable Jeff's arguments were or how much he rebuked the caller's talking points, the caller was never going to budge an inch on his opinion. The conversation clearly was never going anywhere. Jeff was really impressive there, but I find conversations like that to be super frustrating myself.

Still, super impressive how Jeff debated him and worked with the points he brought up without really patronizing the caller or resorting to badmouthing the caller himself. Good work.

danm999

I'm surprised Jeff hang on that long with that. It was clear that no matter how reasonable Jeff's arguments were or how much he rebuked the caller's talking points, the caller was never going to budge an inch on his opinion. The conversation clearly was never going anywhere. Jeff was really impressive there, but I find conversations like that to be super frustrating myself.

Still, super impressive how Jeff debated him and worked with the points he brought up without really patronizing the caller or resorting to badmouthing the caller himself. Good work.

There's an exchange that always makes me laugh that is roughly like;

"They've taken away games where women dress scantily"

"They released a new DOA like last month"

"Oh? Well I don't really know much about that"

yami4ct

There's an exchange that always makes me laugh that is roughly like;

"They've taken away games where women dress scantily"

"They released a new DOA like last month"

"Oh? Well I don't really know much about that"

That was fantastic. He actually brought up the fact that 'a game like DOA couldn't be done today' and Jeff tells him they just made a new one 5 months ago. Great stuff.

My favorite part is when Jeff lays out the reasons Saturday Morning Cartoons went away, the guy tacitly acknowledges those point and then like 5 minutes later the guy responds to another point by saying "I saw what those SJWs did to Saturday Morning Cartoons".

He literally took nothing away from that first exchange.

danm999

That was fantastic. He actually brought up the fact that 'a game like DOA couldn't be done today' and Jeff tells him they just made a new one 5 months ago. Great stuff.

My favorite part is when Jeff lays out the reasons Saturday Morning Cartoons went away, the guy tacitly acknowledges those point and then like 5 minutes later the guy responds to another point by saying "I saw what those SJWs did to Saturday Morning Cartoons".

He literally took nothing away from that first exchange.

Ah he actually name checked DOA did he?

I mean that's that conversation in a nutshell isn't it?

"They took away X"

"No they didn't"

"Oh well I don't actually care about X anyway".

yami4ct

"They took away X"

"No they didn't"

That's really indicative of the major problem with all this. It's impossible to reason with people like him because they themselves don't actually know what they're fighting for. They just have an amorphous anger they're directing at anything that looks at them sideways.

Brashnir

"They took away X"

"No they didn't"

the DOA stuff is even funnier now that they announced yet another volleyball game.

danm999

the DOA stuff is even funnier now that they announced yet another volleyball game.

False flag.

That's really indicative of the major problem with all this. It's impossible to reason with people like him because they themselves don't actually know what they're fighting for. They just have an amorphous anger they're directing at anything that looks at them sideways.

This caller has found his emotion to carry into battle.

I gotta admit when that music fully kicks in I got choked up a bit.
I played it in two sittings and by that point I was physically tired and the stuff that was happening was having an impact on me.

!!! real actual undertale spoilers do not click. !!!

For me, it hit me really hard because on my first playthrough Toriel was the ONLY person I killed. So when you get to Asgore's house and you realize that it's the same and it hit just hit me, oh god what have i done.

So I'm working from home today and noticed there's a new video from GIANT BOMB DOT COM and now I'm watching it and it's a Periscope archive what is this

So I'm working from home today and noticed there's a new video from GIANT BOMB DOT COM and now I'm watching it and it's a Periscope archive what is this

The best damn video of the year, that's what.

Seriously, this is like watching the guys try to navigate an Escape Room. Oddly compelling.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whats this call you guys are talking about?

Here's a hot tip for Mario Maker that I was reminded of when they considered popping up that first Koopa in Dan's own level an instant failure: You can actually jump over a sliding Koopa shell in a one tile high space. I know it doesn't make sense but it totally works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom