• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
daydream is in a constant state of performance art.

i try

tumblr_mej298emFS1rmcp2ho1_500.gif

Jintor

Anyway my point is, come to Japan and see a charisma.com live with me cos in pretty sure I was the only person who spoke English in there

That really sucks that when Drew finally tried to hold up a soldier on the ground after knocking him out that it was one of the crazy mother base soldiers. I hope they realize that didn't work because of the special circumstances because that is a very useful way to integrate easily and a lot less awkward than trying to grab them after they stand up.

Patryn

Giant Bomb fans are fucking weird.

Sadly, I have to include us in that bucket, since we've also made... "impolite" inquiries about aspects of the Bombers' lives that we have no right no know about (and that, ironically, led to us getting MonsterDunk'd with an actual answer).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Sadly, I have to include us in that bucket, since we've also made... "impolite" inquiries about aspects of the Bombers' lives that we have no right no know about (and that, ironically, led to us getting MonsterDunk'd with an actual answer).

Wait, what happened?

Myggen

Not sure if I'd blame this one on GB fans being weird, that's just the kind of shit you get when you allow anons to submit questions to your Tumblr.

edit: Rock Band 4 Quick Look

edit2: From the comments:

2788847-8139472465-27671.jpg

hey don't lump me in with you fuckbois

hamchan

I consider myself a pretty huge Giant Bomb fan, watch nearly everything they put out, go to their site everyday, have followed them for 7 years now and I don't consider myself even half as much of a weirdo as some of the people in this thread.

Myggen

I consider myself a pretty huge Giant Bomb fan, watch nearly everything they put out, go to their site everyday, have followed them for 7 years now and I don't consider myself even half as much of a weirdo as some of the people in this thread.

S6QFDbo.gif

Who are you calling a weirdo?!?!!

hey don't lump me in with you fuckbois

Pretty much everything and anything has it's weird fans. For me, I just enjoy their presence and being with them "virtually" ever since the GS/Hotspot days. Fuckin love the crew but I also respect their privacy as any decent individual should. Hoping one day to meet them though whenever I'm in America, coolest cats in the industry.

Lost it at fading in Jeff.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Sorry, you just made it into the top 20 weirdos list for the last thread

XJAKi5D.png

Antiwhippy

Dan sitting on the drums silent as Drew and Jeff talked to each other is like a child in between his parents having a serious conversation.

This is completely off topic, but not sure where else I'd talk about this. I find it incredibly weird that Ubisoft has their own editorial staff. I listen to Laser Time Podcasts and two of the people they usually have on there work for their editorial staff and it seems so weird that you have a writing job where pretty much all you write about is Assassin's Creed or other Ubisoft games. That just seems fucking sad. It makes listicle's look less stupid and that should be impossible to do.

Antiwhippy

This is completely off topic, but not sure where else I'd talk about this. I find it incredibly weird that Ubisoft has their own editorial staff. I listen to Laser Time Podcasts and two of the people they usually have on there work for their editorial staff and it seems so weird that you have a writing job where pretty much all you write about is Assassin's Creed or other Ubisoft games. That just seems fucking sad. It makes listicle's look less stupid and that should be impossible to do.

I mean by that same logic you might as well say working at PR and marketing is sad.

how have they never had a drum kit for rock band that has a speaker so you actually hear the drum noises over the clacks of the set itself

they're basically glorified community managers/PR which may be even worse depending on how you think of it

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Riot has hired so many games writers, I would really like to know what their daily job looks like.

I mean by that same logic you might as well say working at PR and marketing is sad.

PR is one thing, that's managing the overall image of the property and company. If all you are hired to do is come up with articles and stories to write centered around the same franchises over and over again sooner or later that well has to run out doesn't it? I guess because most their games are annualized and will have a constant stream of new games to write about to a certain degree, but it just seems weird to me.

Riot has hired so many games writers, I would really like to know what their daily job looks like.

Riot I can almost understand. There's so many layers of that to write about it seems(not sure, not a fan of moba's) but I would think with the amount of characters and playstyles alone you could write a ton about strategy and things like that. That doesn't even include the esports scene. I could almost see them wanting to get people to guarantee that stuff is being written about, but Assassin's Creed? That just seems so weird. Maybe I'm just being dumb.

Megasoum

Banned
Dammit... Patrick keeps hitting all the invisible blocks except the good one after the ice section.

On the other hand, he's now going through the doors lol.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Patrick should just go with it and stop restarting.

Patryn

You have to love how Patrick's methodical approach means that he's hitting literally every single trap Dan set.

EDIT: He's also going to try the pipe again? Oh god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom