• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lijik

God, that guy is such an idiot. If he care's so much about violent cartoons, there are so many of them out there: Archer, South Park,Anime, etc.

In fact, because creatives realized that they don't have to always target the 12 year old audience, they diversified, and now cartoons are made for different specific audiences. Animation has never been stronger...
Even considering kids stuff, bugs bunny rips his entire fucking face off in the new cartoon

That's an elaborate ruse, he's actually off to fight ISIS in the Middle East, much like he thwarted that nuclear plot in North Korea.

2784445-d-drewtextvnobltr.png

WOOOOOAAAAAA-AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rainmaker

Banned
the little things that guy says to Jeff make him seem like some great ironic humor type of comedy character. the use of "buddy" and then things like "shabby goings on." how old is this guy? he kills me every time I listen to that clip.

"Ribald Humor"

Lingitiz

Watching Vinny talk these guys through getting a video going..he really is the best for being able to remember all these things and guide them just over the phone.

Tubobutts

Battlefront seems ok. I got killed by both Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. And it took me two crashed TIE fighters to realize you steer with the right stick.

Haunted

I'm watching the B-roll footage of the GB vs rollercoaster video and my sides are literally hurting from laughter. Jeff's face on that first run is absolutely priceless.

Myggen

It's never been a problem before and I'm a premium member. It fixed the issue. Thanks.

There's some issues right now because of people switching adblockers and new adblockers replacing old ones etc. Engineers are working on getting it fixed.

Also I love that they uploaded that whole mess from yesterday to the site, Periscope and all.

Myggen

Adblockers block more stuff than just ads (tracking and shit), so it may cause issues even if they're not trying to show ads to you.

Yeah, Jeff said on Tumblr that what it blocks is tracking how long you've been on the site and how long you watch a video.

GB's video player is the best solely for the fact that it's a match made in heaven when you want to watch the content on a WiiU and have it on the big screen while using the gamepad to rewind or forward.

Was that...was that a copy of Vampire Hunter D for the psx? That's such a Jason thing to have in the control room. They better cover it on a UPF or whatever.

Was that...was that a copy of Vampire Hunter D for the psx? That's such a Jason thing to have in the control room. They better cover it on a UPF or whatever.

It's an average game ruined by it's controls. I'm a fan of tank controls but that shit don't work in a hack and slash game. Your game has to be built around the controls like the classic RE games.

Edit: Fantastic atmosphere though.

It's an average game ruined by it's controls. I'm a fan of tank controls but that shit don't work in a hack and slash game. Your game has to be built around the controls like the classic RE games.

Edit: Fantastic atmosphere though.
Oh i know what it is. It just gave me a flashback to when I was in my teens and the psx and Saturday anime were the hot stuff.

I just want to see how bad that game is now that something simply being an anime licensed game does nothing for me.

I'm surprised Jeff hang on that long with that. It was clear that no matter how reasonable Jeff's arguments were or how much he rebuked the caller's talking points, the caller was never going to budge an inch on his opinion. The conversation clearly was never going anywhere. Jeff was really impressive there, but I find conversations like that to be super frustrating myself.

I have a feeling Jeff knew A) If he hung up prematurely the caller might keep trying to get on or B) He could manipulate the conversation into one that was constructive rather than destructive, for the listeners at home. It's not hard to work around the talking points of those kinds of people when you know what they are ahead of time. Doesn't matter if the caller isn't listening, the audience was also tuned in.

Myggen

I have a feeling Jeff knew A) If he hung up prematurely the caller might keep trying to get on or B) He could manipulate the conversation into one that was constructive rather than destructive, for the listeners at home. It's not hard to work around the talking points of those kinds of people when you know what they are ahead of time. Doesn't matter if the caller isn't listening, the audience was also tuned in.

That SJWs ruined cartoons was probably a curveball that he didn't expect :p

danm999

Yeah I don't know for sure but in the back of my mind I thought Jeff kept the guy on as a "kids, don't be this" cautionary tale.

Jintor

Or was it olest? One of them that wasn't ai AI syndrome

This one I think is called no more zangyo and the selection they played tonight was amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom