• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, I just found out that space channel 5 is on steam.

That I apparently own already.

This is like the most I've ever felt that my Steam life is spiraling out of control.

Wait, I just found out that space channel 5 is on steam.

That I apparently own already.

This is like the most I've ever felt that my Steam life is spiraling out of control.

image.php

Tricky cutting a wrestling promo on Dan after conquering Dan's stage.

This has to be an angle that gets resolved at the next PAX wrestling thing.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Tricky cutting a wrestling promo on Dan after conquering Dan's stage.

This has to be an angle that gets resolved at the next PAX wrestling thing.
They can totally make this a panel. Dan creates an uploadable level within a certain time and Patrick has to beat it.

Danielle's got the Idle Weekends podcast coming up, so she's already claimed a podcast home.

yeah but that's because she doesn't do a work podcast for polygon. what if she started at GBEast though? She's done a ton of video content on her own, has a great sense of humor, and can box.

clearly this is some Cara level of wishful hiring but man she would fit so well with those guys.

repeater

The Rock Band QL was very entertaining. Turns out Drew can actually sing pretty damn well (though obviously he doesn't have the vocal resources of Mr. Shoemaker - but then who does?) - is there anything that man CANNOT do? And Jason was having a lot of fun as well in his typical manner. :p

As for the game, I dunno.. When it was announced, my plan was to get an Xbox One (I'm a PS4 owner) just to be able to carry all my old DLC and on-disc exports forward. But as launch has drawn closer and closer, I've just felt myself going lukewarm on the prospect of simply more Rock Band. Also, from checking into the RB4 GAF thread around launch, it seems that this launch is a bit of a mess with DLC export problems and instrument issues and bugs and just a general lack of features. I really hope RB4 does well and that Harmonix survives because they are a great studio (all the best to MadCatz as well..), but.. I just dunno, man.

and Danielle Riendeau just moved to NYC, a major loss for the main Idle Thumbs podcast. She would fit right in like a power glove

she'd be a really great hire for BEAST at some point. she's doing video stuff for Polygon and she is great at podcasts, she's as qualified for giant bomb as you could get.

her and max scoville are my bets for future giant bomb hires. count on it.

skynidas

Banned
she'd be a really great hire for BEAST at some point. she's doing video stuff for Polygon and she is great at podcasts, she's as qualified for giant bomb as you could get.

her and max scoville are my bets for future giant bomb hires. count on it.

max scoville? that would be awful. and i don't see danielle in the beastcast, i would hate that, she was terrible on idle thumbs

Myggen

Are we speculating about potential future hires for when they at some point maybe get to hire another person. Has it come to this?

Patryn

Are we speculating about potential future hires for when they at some point maybe get to hire another person. Has it come to this?

I think speculating is ridiculous. Barring somebody else leaving, I honestly don't see GB hiring anybody new until 2017.

max scoville? that would be awful. and i don't see danielle in the beastcast, i would hate that, she was terrible on idle thumbs

she saved that podcast. Everyone else was busy with work (nick with Telltale, Shawn/Jake/Chris with Firewatch) and no one was playing a fucking thing. the conversation would digress into design and mechanic choices that they would argue about from games they hadn't even touched, so not only were they getting too meta for their own good but it would often be uninformed, too.

She salvaged that thing with her energy and, well, the fact that she actually played games. I fear for them now, because right before she joined i had almost given up on the podcast

hey, you never know. It was near the end of last year that the Patrick leaving news hit and that felt completely random and out of nowhere. plus, i'd rather we do this than talk about what will be #1 in GOTY again for the umpteenth time this month

Haven't GB always posted when they're actively hiring? I seriously doubt they're out looking to add another member to GBEast so soon after Austin...

Haunted

I was about to ask if GBEast was looking for more editors or where this talk was coming from.

But then I remembered that someone will have to replace Brad.

Patryn

Tina on BEast would be amazing. It's pipe dream but I hope they can affored her.

Spoiler: They're not going to hire her. They're not going to hire anybody.

It's not the Whiskey Media days. They're part of a large corporation. When there's an opening, it will be obvious, and it will be posted online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom