• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody here using the Windows app version of Tweetdeck?

My app is working fine but for some reason all the icon images are missing since yesterday.

I'm talking about the like column buttons on the left or the setting cog at the bottom left.

Not a big deal obviously but it's annoying. Tried restarting it but still not fixed.

Yep, same problem here since yesterday.

Megasoum

Banned
I gotta say... I'm really having a lot of fun with Syndicate.

It reminds me of Brotherhood...

For me ACB is the best in the series. 3 was shit, Black Flag was all right but waaayyyy overrated and even if I bought Unity I think I played a total of 45min...

Yep, same problem here since yesterday.

Ok cool thanks... Happy to see that it's not me.

KbooC1C.png

justjim89

I just beat Fallout 1 for the first time, only a few days after actually beating Fallout 3 for the first time. Man, what an ending. Didn't expect that much of a gut punch from a game of that era, but it was really something. Time to go into Fallout 2 and continue the hype train.

But I think for now I'll watch the Phantasmagoria 2 thing.

AcridMeat

Banned
Man I hear the complaints Jeff has against NFS in the QL, but the more I watch it the more I get nostalgia tingles from Underground and hnnnnnmmmm.
I got the same feelings watching the QL. The visuals are really damn nice, however I'm still feeling burned from the Most Wanted remake. That game I finished inside of 10 hours and felt completely jipped on content. The fact Jeff demonstrates that the emptiness/shortness is still there two games later means I won't get this unless it's like $15. Car list is actually pretty nice, I wasn't expecting to see a Volvo 240 haha.

justjim89

Play playing the first two Fallout games in preparation for 4 should check out Wasteland 2, it's really good!

I got like 20 hours into Wasteland 2 before I lost my save when transferring computers, haven't restarted it. But I got the Director's Cut now so I ought to. I had a really good time with it and I think it definitely helped prep me for Fallout 1 and 2.

Still need to actually go and see the story ending to New Vegas. Like Skyrim, I have over 200 hours in and I've never actually beat the main story.

Does anyone know the game jeff wa referincing during mario bros 2 that was "too easy" for japanese audiendes? Why was he so reticent to say it on stream...

Megasoum

Banned
the subway part of todays playdate is the funniest Giant Bomb video in a while. the part from 1:46 on is incredible

Looking at the thumbnail on the site, I recognize a well known Québec actor and Fobwashed posted a gif earlier today that showed a Québec license plate so now I REALLY want to watch that show... I'll have to do this asap tomorrow.

Also I take the subway everyday in Montréal so I wonder if it's that one.

Does anyone know the game jeff wa referincing during mario bros 2 that was "too easy" for japanese audiendes? Why was he so reticent to say it on stream...

Some user in the chat mentioned a game, but I can't remember what it is... and maybe they were joking.

This is one mystery that must be solved. MOSTERDUNK ME.

Watching the WWE2k16 QL, I legit lost it during the AI just walking out. Lost it as in I kinda lost consciousness and was woken up by one of the announcers a second later.

That was amazing.

erawsd

Not sure which game Jeff is talking about but I actually remember reading here on GAF that it was pretty common for Japanese games to be easier than American versions, particularly action games.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
At the end of patrick's mario maker mornings yesterday, he said he was flying out to sf next tuesday and that something might be happening with gb while he's over there. I know this is already known but just in case people didn't know when exactly he was going over there, now you know.

Xater

Not sure which game Jeff is talking about but I actually remember reading here on GAF that it was pretty common for Japanese games to be easier than American versions, particularly action games.

He was talking about a shooter from the west that was brought over.

You are not wrong though. During the end of the PS1 and then onwards there were Japanese games that got harder when they were brought over. Most famously MGS and DMC3.

I like Rorie, but it was deeply cathartic when Jeff and Brad both looked to the camera and shook their heads in unison as Rorie apologized to no one for the second or third time in the space of five minutes.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Hah, just got to this week's Bombcast. Hearing Jeff finally run into a game where a narrow FOV bothers him is some weird kind of validation.

It's one of those things you can live in blissful ignorance of for a long time until you just notice it. And then it's maddening. Destiny's FOV is way too narrow too imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom