• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also found that pre-applied thermal paste has a tendency to dry out and lose efficiency quickly. I don't like applying paste either, though. One time I salvaged an AMD CPU that got thermal paste in and around the pins. It was a nightmare.

As someone who almost never plays racing games nfs seems kind of awesome. Doesnt take itself too serious, looks amazing, and lets you tune your driving style without going too far into the specifics

Have you guys seen those leaked Fallout 4 screenshots?

There are people in that thread actually going "Looks great can't wait!!!"

that game (at least on the PS4, and in those screenshots) looks like hot garbage

that game (at least on the PS4, and in those screenshots) looks like hot garbage

it's just funny, how many pages was that TW3 downgrade thread? and yet this game literally looks like a mid-generation 360 game?

Meh, the fallout games were never about the graphics. As long as the graphics are passable and diverse, then thats a-ok.

That being said the art style and aesthetics are complete garbage. Thete are PS2 games that are more aesthetically pleasing then a bethesda game. Like Ultimate SpiderMan. That game is more aesthetically pleasing than fallout 4.
it's just funny, how many pages was that TW3 downgrade thread? and yet this game literally looks like a mid-generation 360 game?

Difference is, is FO4 has looked like garbage since the beginning, and the graphical fidelity was never a selling point. W3 however had people that were in denial that it got downgraded from the very first videos and screens of it. Huge difference.

Man, lucky Brad been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. I hope we hear stuff about it soon, that game can't come soon enough.

Even as a guy who doesn't play RPG games, Bethesda games have never been about the graphics but the sheer scale, options and amount of stuff you're able to do as well as have at your disposal. I'm also expecting tons of glitches but maybe Bethesda learned a thing or two this time around.

It just looks so...flat. It looks SO BAD. Here's hoping it looks better on PC.

Meh, the fallout games were never about the graphics. As long as the graphics are passable and diverse, then thats a-ok.

That being said the art style and aesthetics are complete garbage. Thete are PS2 games that are more aesthetically pleasing then a bethesda game. Like Ultimate SpiderMan. That game is more aesthetically pleasing than fallout 4.

I'm not saying it ruins anything for me, I'm hoping the PC looks quite a bit better than those shots. I'm just more incredulous that there are people that can sit there and look at those shots and go "looks great!" instead of being honest with themselves. The game looks objectively bad.

And if those shots come to pass in the retail game I think it's even more evidence that the current generation of consoles are pretty underpowered but that's a discussion for another time.

maybe Bethesda learned a thing or two this time around.

ew6YfCJ.gif

KingKong

I don't really mind the textures or draw distance if its in the name of framerate, but why don't the objects have any shadows? That has to be a mistake right

Lijik

If that FO4 table screenshot was in kickstarter thread, itd be filled to the brim with driveby posts about how shitty the game looks

It just looks so...flat. It looks SO BAD. Here's hoping it looks better on PC.

I'm not saying it ruins anything for me, I'm hoping the PC looks quite a bit better than those shots. I'm just more incredulous that there are people that can sit there and look at those shots and go "looks great!" instead of being honest with themselves. The game looks objectively bad.

And if those shots come to pass in the retail game I think it's even more evidence that the current generation of consoles are pretty underpowered but that's a discussion for another time.

It does look great though by its own merits. If drab and gritty are your thing I suppose. Like I said, Id prefer a different aesthetic but for what Bethesda is going for, for a fallout game it looks great.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It does look great though by its own merits. If drab and gritty are your thing I suppose. Like I said, Id prefer a different aesthetic but for what Bethesda is going for, for a fallout game it looks great.

It just looks really amateurish and crudely put together. There is no style to it.

I say that as someone who will be picking it up day one.

It is really embarrassing to look at after the Witcher 3. Size is no longer an excuse.

You can have nice looking games set in drab environments, Fallout 4 just looks bad.

KingKong

Bethesda is a huge company that can afford to address the common complaints their games have had since Oblivion, so I'd be pretty disappointed if Fallout 4 has the same level of animation, scripting and writing

mhanna49

Neo Member
I think Fallout 4 looks fine. I don't understand the graphics hate. Look at screenshots of Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas on Xbox 360/PS3 and compare them to the Fallout 4 screenshots. What did people expect? I think there are distinct improvements in lighting and textures. The game also seems more colorful than the last two games. Saying it looks like "hot garbage" seems like hyperbole to me.

It just looks really amateurish and crudely put together. There is no style to it.

I say that as someone who will be picking it up day one.

Yeah. I guess I dont abhor it to the point of having to be down on it because thats how I expect a fallout from bethesda to look like. If I want an aesthetically pleasing game I have loads of other games that fill in those merits.

That looks fine. What about it? Is it hard to believe that graphics arent king for some people? Ironically enough though, I cant stand some 2d pixel games...

Pretty much all of the textures look like they're on low, that vault-boy model has some corners that could put your eye out, and there seems to be little-to-no ambient occlusion whatsoever. It looks totally flat and lifeless.

Just because graphics aren't king doesn't mean you can't acknowledge when they look pretty bad.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Fallout 4 really is the worst of both worlds. Technically it looks like a dog. Low-res textures as far as the eye can see, bland and featureless. And it's got a horrible aesthetic devoid of personality. Where is the nice lighting? Some post effects for looks? It's just horrible.

Skyrim had beautiful natural vistas, at least. And of course on the PC you can make it look juuuust about as good as you want. Hell I feel pretty comfortable saying modded Fallout 3 or New Vegas can look far better than this.

Glad I'm not playing Fallout 4 on consoles. Hopefully it will still have free mod support on PC.

That looks fine. What about it? Is it hard to believe that graphics arent king for some people? Ironically enough though, I cant stand some 2d pixel games...

You don't have to think that graphics are king to say that something looks bad, just because you think it looks bad doesn't necessarily mean that it will bother you that much.

popo

I've also found that pre-applied thermal paste has a tendency to dry out and lose efficiency quickly. I don't like applying paste either, though. One time I salvaged an AMD CPU that got thermal paste in and around the pins. It was a nightmare.

It is because they are wax based. The problem isn't that the paste is pre-applied, it is that pre-applied thermal pads are cheap crap. Intel CPU don't even ship with stock coolers anymore so the issue will soon be moot.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck now I'm super bummed I didn't buy Arkham Knight on Steam. Some crappy key site, I don't even remember which one.

Oh well. In fairness I had a decent enough experience playing through it. I have a good rig so it runs fine. Feel bad for those with medium-end rigs struggling though.

I put my money where my mouth is and bought Galak-Z on Steam. I'm really curious to see how it plays with the Steam controller.

[EDIT] Don't listen to Danny, Steam controller is excellent for FPS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom