• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of those things you can live in blissful ignorance of for a long time until you just notice it. And then it's maddening. Destiny's FOV is way too narrow too imo.

my validation is that narrow FOV makes me motion sick, I don't know how some games make it through testing with nobody noticing

or more importantly, why devs still haven't figured out that there's an acceptable FOV range

UPF: "SC is a place where you go for 45 minutes to buy fireworks"

Brad really aint wrong.

Also that tricaster needs (or they didn't notice it one) a DMX Goomba switch.

rObit

Banned
I got the same feelings watching the QL. The visuals are really damn nice, however I'm still feeling burned from the Most Wanted remake. That game I finished inside of 10 hours and felt completely jipped on content. The fact Jeff demonstrates that the emptiness/shortness is still there two games later means I won't get this unless it's like $15. Car list is actually pretty nice, I wasn't expecting to see a Volvo 240 haha.

Yeah that was definitely the one part that stuck out to me, also. If the game is just plain short and runs out of content, no amount of nostalgia or anything can fix that. I'll be interested to see if that holds or not once people have played all the way through it, because when Jeff showed all of the upgrades you can get and the money you'd need to spend for some of those nicer cars, it seems like it would take a long time to get to that point.

rObit

Banned
I've never actually seen someone use one of those silly static wrist straps.

The first time I built a PC I was using one and about halfway through the build I got a static shock so I must not have been grounding myself properly, at which point I just threw the fuckin thing away.

santeesioux

Watching Bread play Red Dead made me want to buy one of those $300 Xbone deals and buy a copy of Red Dead and play it again if it's backwards compatible. Help.

Lost count of PC builds I've done, and I've never once even picked up a wrist strap
Same.
The first time I built a PC I was using one and about halfway through the build I got a static shock so I must not have been grounding myself properly, at which point I just threw the fuckin thing away.
Yeah I always wondered if they even work
Won't be silly when you end up needing new components!

:p

Been fine for the last decade of building PCs without one!

Megasoum

Banned
Guys... MISSING was all shot in Montréal and the two main actors (so far anyway) are two super well known Québec actors (especially the detective).

This is FREAKING ME OUT lol... It's really weird to see that.

Robaperas

Currently watching Brad running through Latria, he's been so lucky fighting the Mind Flayers. I can't wait to see him go through the valley of defilement.

rObit

Banned
I'm confused. My AMD CPU already had this shit done. I just pulled a little plastic cover off and seated the CPU and it was good. I figured they were all like that now.

Zaph

Some CPU's come with an already applied thermal pad. They're convenient and easy, but you won't get the cooling performance of using a nice thin layer of paste between the heatspeader and heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom