• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
gOSOOUM.png

i mean, that need for speed movie just came out, like, a couple months ago

Pretty much all of the textures look like they're on low, that vault-boy model has some corners that could put your eye out, and there seems to be little-to-no ambient occlusion whatsoever. It looks totally flat and lifeless.

Just because graphics aren't king doesn't mean you can't acknowledge when they look pretty bad.

Yeah, from a technical aspect it looks bad. Despite that, it looks fine. If you want to argue the technical merits and quality I wont stop you, but that doesnt mean it cant look fine and passable for a fallout game.

Myggen

I was somehow expecting a huge reaction after that whole thing, so Austin's ice cold "booring" was a real stunner.

Masterful work.

The whole music and airhorn bit was probably added in post, so there wasn't anything to react to outside of what Vinny said.

erawsd

Yeah, from a technical aspect it looks bad. Despite that, it looks fine. If you want to argue the technical merits and quality I wont stop you, but that doesnt mean it cant look fine and passable for a fallout game.

Yeah, I dont think its hyperbolic to say that its the worst looking open world game so far. My hope is that its because theyve focused their resources on improving/expanding the gameplay systems and the narrative.

So what's the deal with Arkham Knight? Did Iron Galaxy really do nothing or were they even on the project?

They were given like 3 months to make or finish a PC port, and as one would expect, it turned out to be hot garbage, then Rocksteady came in and fixed it somewhat, and now Rocksteady and Warner Bros. are pretty much throwing in the towel and giving anyone a refund until the end of the year. They will fix it some more they say, but they also said there is some stuff that won't or can't be fixed.

Yeah, I dont think its hyperbolic to say that its the worst looking open world game so far. My hope is that its because theyve focused their resources on improving/expanding the gameplay systems and the narrative.

Shinobi posted some higher quality images in the screenshot thread and it doesnt look bad at all. Definitely some hyberbolic comments.

Iron Galaxy is independent of WB, right?

I'm shocked that they'd take on a project like that. I don't know much about porting but it sounds like 3 months isnt long enough.

danm999

Jeff's comments on Arkham Knight on UPF confirm my suspicion it will place for Most Dissapointing.

Won't win of course, THPS5 has got that locked up unless Fallout 4 or Just Cause 3 go nightmarishly wrong.

Iron Galaxy is independent of WB, right?

I'm shocked that they'd take on a project like that. I don't know much about porting but it sounds like 3 months isnt long enough.

It's still difficult because we don't know precisely what they did or were supposed to do.

Arkham Knight got delayed already so it seems like Rocksteady themselves might have been behind and the PC version is where the corners were cut. It's not difficult to imagine WB shrugging and deciding to put it out broken (MKX after all) and then getting a nasty shock when Steam refunds launch the month before release.

Jeff's comments on Arkham Knight on UPF confirm my suspicion it will place for Most Dissapointing.

Won't win of course, THPS5 has got that locked up unless Fallout 4 or Just Cause 3 go nightmarishly wrong.

It's still difficult because we don't know precisely what they did or were supposed to do.

Arkham Knight got delayed already so it seems like Rocksteady themselves might have been behind and the PC version is where the corners were cut. It's not difficult to imagine WB shrugging and deciding to put it out broken (MKX after all) and then getting a nasty shock when Steam refunds launch the month before release.

hopefully the NDA on that contract expires some time in the future and we can get a sweet tell-all bombcast.

They're not going to air dirty laundry for everyone to smell. They actually want to stay in business.

Yup. Whether it was a problem with the code or IG was incompetent, its be foolish for IG to have a tell all. Itd hurt relations with WB and many of their potential clients.

eot

Banned
I can't log in on the site. The freaking log in page won't load and it was the same yesterday. Strange.

justjim89

Wrestling, y'all.

And yeah those Fallout screenshots aren't great. My modded New Vegas looks better in some ways. It's good they got it this early, maybe some on the staff will actually finish it.
Unlike certain other high-profile open world games.

It seems Galak-Z crashes when somebody exits your Steam broadcast stream. I've lost my episode progress twice now, so broadcasting is now turned off. Bummer.

justjim89

I promise I'll quit harping on about TW3 until GOTY time. Or until I beat the DLC.

I just got The Last Wish today and it's got me in a witching mood. Such a great universe. But I'll quit being a whiny fanboy about it.

I really enjoyed the Halloween talk on the Beastcast. I never got up to much trouble, but those stories are always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom