• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I forgot what that thing is called when you finish year 12 and you zag off up to Surfies to get wasted for a week, but it's more like that I think.

But with costumes, and sometimes candy.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff's comments on Arkham Knight on UPF confirm my suspicion it will place for Most Dissapointing.

Not a chance. Jeff was never a fan of those games past Asylum and didn't have high expectations going in. I imagine it'll win Hottest Mess or whatever, but not Most Disappointing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot what that thing is called when you finish year 12 and you zag off up to Surfies to get wasted for a week, but it's more like that I think.

But with costumes, and sometimes candy.
"Schoolies"

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Halloween is getting bigger by the year here in the Netherlands. When I was a kid it wasn't even a thing at all. America's cultural dominance is spreading.

danm999

I can't tell if you're making fake holidays up because that sounds like something someone would say happens in Australia but is totally made up

Oh it's very real and very dumb.

And like, I imagine high school students in America drink too, but when it's legal for 18 year olds to drink shit goes crazier than normal.

Jintor

It's not like we don't have Halloween. Just not celebrated on as massive of a scale as america.

it's pretty crazy how much the japanese young adult scene has taken to halloween. Was just out and about in osaka for the night. Crazy. wall to wall costumes.

danm999

Halloween is getting bigger by the year here in the Netherlands. When I was a kid it wasn't even a thing at all. America's cultural dominance is spreading.

Same in Australia; Trick or Treaters are present every year now in Sydney it seems. And there are always Halloween parties.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
it's pretty crazy how much the japanese young adult scene has taken to halloween. Was just out and about in osaka for the night. Crazy. wall to wall costumes.

Well you know, guilt from the war leading to americanisation and all that.

Loxley

The witcher 3 is gonna get the red dead treatment on this years Goty podcast.

I'm still trying to figure out which game Stonewall Shoemaker will firmly plant his foot down and refuse to budge on this year. He hasn't been subtle about the fact that he's going to have words when it comes to discussing MGSV's faults, so it won't be that. Same for Witcher 3, which he reiterated his problems with on this last week's Bombcast.

Maybe Bloodborne? Maybe? I guess it depends on how much the crew like Fallout 4. Either way, the inevitable Brad vs Jeff face-off that has happened in practically every single GOTY conversation is always worth looking forward to.

Myggen

Commander Beagle?!?!?!? jeeze.

I've watched his and other Shacktack videos for a few years now without really liking the game all that much. Jeff has mentioned a few time that Teasdale's brother made popular Arma videos (now Xcom) and it was pretty easy to confirm that it was Beagle. They even look alike.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
what's a beagle

beagle-ftr.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a super big fan of GBE's current video thing.

Like, I love love love their videos, but why start Phantasmagoria and Life is Strange and not finish them? It's such a tease. Especially as someone who knows what's coming in both, I was really looking forward to seeing where they went with it.

Like, I love love love their videos, but why start Phantasmagoria and Life is Strange and not finish them? It's such a tease. Especially as someone who knows what's coming in both, I was really looking forward to seeing where they went with it.

The same reason you dont finish a pizza

Itll make you fat

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Isn't that technically every game Giant bomb plays? that they start them and never finish them?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
They finished Phantasmagoria 1 (one of the best videos on GB), and they randomly stopped Life is Strange after, what, four hours?

I'm happy to keep watching whatever they put out, but I wish they'd be a little more clear about everything, or just bite the bullet and call full game playthroughs "Let's Plays" and everything else Quick Looks. It's kind of hard to filter searches with their current naming setup. Am I missing an obvious tagging thing or something?

it's all part of the greater GB 2015 Audience Disappointment Initiative, which will come to it's thrilling conclusion in the GOTY podcasts

I would like GB to finish LIS on screen, as there seems little chance of them devoting time outside work to it. It is a game that deserves some chatter during GOTY, and having three people who have seen it through to the end would lead to good conversation with the East Coast guys (who have even less chance of playing it) when the time comes.

They can do what they like when it comes to Phantasmagoria, and other older games.

They finished Phantasmagoria 1 (one of the best videos on GB), and they randomly stopped Life is Strange after, what, four hours?

I'm happy to keep watching whatever they put out, but I wish they'd be a little more clear about everything, or just bite the bullet and call full game playthroughs "Let's Plays" and everything else Quick Looks. It's kind of hard to filter searches with their current naming setup. Am I missing an obvious tagging thing or something?

The best way to find content for a specific game on the site is to go to the Game Page of the title you are interested in, and click on the video tab. If the uploader tagged the videos correctly, it makes things easy to find.

Life is Strange for example
http://www.giantbomb.com/life-is-strange/3030-47342/videos/

Of course, QLCrew is always an option too.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hey guys, I really don't give a shit what they pick for their GOTY... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm mainly just waiting for the Lang/Gerstmann rap collabo 2.0

TBH that Fallout 4 screenshots thread is more infuriatingly inane and circular than any GOTY conversation this thread has ever had.

Also I'm watching the subway video and this earthquake mission is so good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So big question time.

Will fallout 4 run on a quad 3.0gHz CPU, a HD6850 and 4gb of ram?

Or might as well wait till I buy a PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom