• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also need to know if the physical PC version just comes with a steam code because fuck me actually buying the physical PC version would be cheaper than buying on steam. ;_;

Ketch

Watching the ryckoning replay on the community update post and god damn.

you guys ever get super happy when you're reminded how awesome the internet is?

Myggen

A suggestion: Could we at least have a soft rule against posting links to other threads where people are shit posting GB? It doesn't reflect well on this thread if the GB defence force shows up from here, and during E3 that almost got this thread banned for a month over the Gametrailers bullshit. It just serves to derail threads into petty bullshit.

A suggestion: Could we at least have a soft rule against posting links to other threads where people are shit posting GB? It doesn't reflect well on this thread if the GB defense force shows up from this thread, and during E3 that almost got this thread banned for a month over the Gametrailers bullshit.

only if we also have a rule against stupid ass "don't read the comments" posts that only draw attention to stupid shit

also what the hell happened with Gametrailers

Myggen

only if we also have a rule against stupid ass "don't read the comments" posts that only draw attention to stupid shit

The mods won't care if people start posting in comment sections outside of GAF, they seem to very much care if a community thread brigades other threads. That's my point. You already see people from this thread in the NES thread now, it's not a good look.

The Gametrailers thing was so dumb I can't even be bothered to recap it. Basically a useless slapfight between GB fans and GT fans over reactions to the Sony conference that got several threads locked.

The mods won't care if people start posting in comment sections outside of GAF, they seem to very much care if a community thread brigades other threads. That's my point.

The Gametrailers thing was so dumb I can't even be bothered to recap it. Basically a useless slapfight between GB fans and GT fans over reactions to the Sony conference that got several threads locked.

On the one hand, I like the gallons of salt that Jeff seems to create every once in a while.

On the other hand, the GT shit was so goddamn stupid. It was bad on both sides.

Joeku

Shenmue III was announced and the world was split into two.

Anyway, yeah. I said in the NFS topic I don't like playing defense force, but I also don't like people being wrong and bashy over seemingly nothing. Balancing those ideas is...tough.

Shenmue III was announced and the world was split into two.

Anyway, yeah. I said in the NFS topic I don't like playing defense force, but I also don't like people being wrong and bashy over seemingly nothing. Balancing those ideas is...tough.

As a rule of thumb, I find not going into defense mode for people is good, because those people can clearly defend themselves.

.....however bathing in the salt is enjoyable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The funny thing is that Jeff's probably the most forgiving of EA racing games compared to most other games journalist(not counting the serious racer fan ones that aren't going to give NFS the time of day anyways)

Joeku

As a rule of thumb, I find not going into defense mode for people is good, because those people can clearly defend themselves.

.....however bathing in the salt is enjoyable.

In the case of random GAF topics, though, they wouldn't (sans Brad in this one). And maybe that should be hint enough to me to not bother, but correcting ignorance is something I'd like to think of as a general positive nearly 100% of the time.

But more often than not on forums it turns into shit-slinging, and that helps nobody. So maybe I believe in a more idealized reality than the one in which I actually exist.

The funny thing is that Jeff's probably the most forgiving of EA racing games compared to most other games journalist(not counting the serious racer fan ones that aren't going to give NFS the time of day anyways)

Jeff is definitely part of the drive club at EA. Lest we forget, Burnout Paradise is oft-cited as his game of the generation.

Got a timestamp? I vaguely remember that happening.

Watching the ryckoning replay on the community update post and god damn.

you guys ever get super happy when you're reminded how awesome the internet is?

I'm watching some of the best SF players in the world playing in a tourney from my own home in 1080p/60 fps

So yes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd be down with a good subway game.

Subways are fucking cool

also next rails club please
cover.jpg

danm999

Are some poor souls trying to argue FO4 looks better than Witcher 3? Thats some 'stripping down naked and running into the middle of a highway' type crazy

I mean, they're erratically bringing up how the writing in Pillars of Eternity is shit compared to Fallout. :p

something on this page is tripping my antivirus software.

I need an adult.

Same.

What are you filth monsters doing.

I Think the FO4 thread has hit peak crazy.

I played Witcher 3 for 30 hours and 90% of my experience are going around towns or settlments that all look the same and using a batman voice to talk with pre-historic people wearing kitchen rags that either act like they don't like to talk or they don't have the mental ability to talk.

This is amazing.

Hooooly shit-
Here is a shot of Witcher 3 at max setting 4K. Who want to count the polygon sides now?
People talk about Fallout 4's indoor texture, but they don't realize how pulled back Witcher 3's camera is.
The base game of Witcher 3 is nothing more than a glorified up-res PS2 game with grass mod.
And the core gameplay is simply connecting the dots on a segmented map.
No exploration, no role playing, no character creation, it just needs some trinket collecting to be the perfect Assassin's Creed wannabe.
5M4srUQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom