• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Dan's video just makes me realize we've been approaching wrestling games all wrong. A first-person managerial simulator would be an incredible game. Garnering heat with a promo, distracting referees, signing talent, using foreign objects, etc.

Wrestling Manager Simulator 2016. Somebody has to make that.

Joeku

Dan's video just makes me realize we've been approaching wrestling games all wrong. A first-person managerial simulator would be an incredible game. Garnering heat with a promo, distracting referees, signing talent, using foreign objects, etc.

http://www.ewwarehouse.info/mod-index/ew-mod-index/

Not quite what you're looking for, but if you want to go all the way down the wrestling game rabbit hole, this is where you go.

Somehow watching that Subway game on Friday compelled me with watch Snowpiercer, and that movie is nuts. I think the subway game is a bit more insane though.

jaina

It's the A-Train9 cover most likely. Switch to 50ppp or wait a bit :)
I'd be down with a good subway game.

Subways are fucking cool

also next rails club please

No one knows of alternatives to satellite internet for rural areas other than cell phone hotspotting, right? Fucking ripoff of services with this satellite shit, drop download speeds to 15 kb/s after only 10 gigs of use.

No one knows of alternatives to satellite internet for rural areas other than cell phone hotspotting, right? Fucking ripoff of services with this satellite shit, drop download speeds to 15 kb/s after only 10 gigs of use.

There are separate modems (from USB dongles to straight up routers) for mobile data if the issue with cell phone hotspotting is the hotspotting itself and not the connection type.

There are separate modems (from USB dongles to straight up routers) for mobile data if the issue with cell phone hotspotting is the hotspotting itself and not the connection type.

We've yet to try the hotspotting idea, I just want to try and make sure I know my internet options and that I'm not forgetting something important to check. But that's a good idea as opposed to buying a whole new device for the hotspot.

Myggen

Yeah, a Wrestling Manager game is clearly the way to go with wrestling games. WWE would never allow their license to be used for a game like that because they still like to at least pretend that it's real, but I'd take a fictional version of a game like that if done well.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
We've yet to try the hotspotting idea, I just want to try and make sure I know my internet options and that I'm not forgetting something important to check. But that's a good idea as opposed to buying a whole new device for the hotspot.
I lived in a rural area for a while and had LTE as a regular home connection. It was just the usual router, but with an antenna and a SIM card in it. Not the best connection and with a bandwidth cap, but still sounds better than whatever you're using. Wasn't in the US, though.

Largo

After finally getting this much closer to his dream, I'd think Dan would have written a better promo for himself. Wrestlers getting beaten with iPads notwithstanding.

I lived in a rural area for a while and had LTE as a regular home connection. It was just the usual router, but with an antenna and a SIM card in it. Not the best connection and with a bandwidth cap, but still sounds better than whatever you're using. Wasn't in the US, though.

LTE on one bar is faster than this crap.

danm999

Yeah, a Wrestling Manager game is clearly the way to go with wrestling games. WWE would never allow their license to be used for a game like that because they still like to at least pretend that it's real, but I'd take a fictional version of a game like that if done well.

That seems real sad. Do they think like, kids don't know it's basically reality TV or something.

Seems like wrestling is really reluctant to embrace the dumb that is endemic to its whole thing.

Google is starting to scare me. I was listening to the latest Beastcast and since bagels aren't really a thing here I wanted to look up what exactly is in an everything bagel. I type 'everything' in the search box and the first suggestion was 'everything bagel'. That has to be a personalised suggestion, right? But how the hell do they know?

tuxfool

Banned
Google is starting to scare me. I was listening to the latest Beastcast and since bagels aren't really a thing here I wanted to look up what exactly is in an everything bagel. I type 'everything' in the search box and the first suggestion was 'everything bagel'. That has to be a personalised suggestion, right? But how the hell do they know?

Maybe millions of people had the same thought.

It seems unlikely that google would personalize bagel if you'd never typed it in before.

Watch Quiet (Stefanie Joosten) play MGSV http://www.twitch.tv/stefaniejoosten

She's better than Drew

*shrug* A lot of people are.

mine is "Everything is Awesome" so I have no idea

everything bagels are gross though. have some damn restraint.

I've noticed that YouTube's autocomplete is getting really freakishly good at figuring out what I'm searching for based on the last couple videos I just watched.

Hey guys, I think those Fallout 4 screenshots look pretty great! Also who gets upset about screenshots nowadays, do Bethesda games make us timewarp to the mid 2000s?

I remember watching the Joosten plays MGSV videos, and she explained that one day the Kojipro team asked politely if they could scan the bottom of her feet for the game. I then started thinking about Jeff's "we're motion capturing a plant" rant, and was in tears for a few minutes.

Hey guys, I think those Fallout 4 screenshots look pretty great! Also who gets upset about screenshots nowadays, do Bethesda games make us timewarp to the mid 2000s?

A shocking amount of people still get upset about screenshots, if you go into a thread with screenshots from an unreleased game you'll see a lot of people picking them apart.

tuxfool

Banned
I remember watching the Joosten plays MGSV videos, and she explained that one day the Kojipro team asked politely if they could scan the bottom of her feet for the game. I then started thinking about Jeff's "we're motion capturing a plant" rant, and was in tears for a few minutes.

Heh, Their scans yielded some pretty nice octahedral toes.

that guy pointing out the visible polygons on extreme closeups from the witcher is pretty special though

I just think it's funny that bethesda still haven't figured out how to make a game that doesn't look like butt

remember when they renamed their engine because they were tired of people complaining about their shitty engine?

tuxfool

Banned
that guy pointing out the visible polygons on extreme closeups from the witcher is pretty special though

I just think it's funny that bethesda still haven't figured out how to make a game that doesn't look like butt

remember when they renamed their engine because they were tired of people complaining about their shitty engine?

They used to make games that looked impressive, they slowly gave that up last gen. They also used to have good writing, which they also gave up last gen. FO4 doesn't correct the former, let's see if corrects the latter.

They used to make games that looked impressive, they slowly gave that up last gen. They also used to have good writing, which they also gave up last gen. FO4 doesn't correct the former, let's see if corrects the latter.

I bet the artists who worked on Skyrim were super bummed that their actually good environment art was mangled in one of the worst game engines in use today

"oh wow, i love the rust detail on the pipes."

lol

I remember thinking Skyrim was a very pretty game when it came out. But yeah, it was more an art design thing than a technical thing.

At the end of the day, no matter how good or bad Fallout looks, I would still rather explore a gorgeous fantasy tundra than a wasteland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom