• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah there's some totally legendary tv in those seasons, but 2-5 is borderline untouchable in a way that pretty much everybody who works in television should envy

i should rewatch the series for the nth time now that it's in HD
You're getting me all excited! I'm gonna watch another episode before I go to sleep.

justjim89

I am way behind on Metal Gear Scanlon, like 3 episodes. And I still need to watch Phantasmagoria. So much content to catch up on when I actually start playing video games. Just rolled credits on New Vegas for the first time after about 200 hours with the game. Damn that was great.

Independent Vegas all the way.

I'm legitamately incredibly anxious about the prospect of Fallout 4 being bad. I've waited so long for this and it feels like the buzz has turned negativite. Also they have barely showed it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder how many years the Need for Speed franchise has left. I wonder what the sales numbers look like with what seems to be an increasingly mediocre series with some neat ideas that never come together. What was the last truly great one, the Hot Pursuit reboot? Even if the new one manages to be good, it'll likely suffer from its always online and seemingly small amount of content in an ever shrinking racing game fanbase.

I just can't imagine a NFS game launching in 2020.

Jintor

i don't really imagine fallout 4 being bad so much as I imagine it being more fallout 3 but maybe a bit better looking?

danm999

I am way behind on Metal Gear Scanlon, like 3 episodes. And I still need to watch Phantasmagoria. So much content to catch up on when I actually start playing video games. Just rolled credits on New Vegas for the first time after about 200 hours with the game. Damn that was great.

Independent Vegas all the way.

You made the right call.

Or did you?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm legitamately incredibly anxious about the prospect of Fallout 4 being bad. I've waited so long for this and it feels like the buzz has turned negativite. Also they have barely showed it.

What buzz? People shitting on leaked pictures?

The people with the game pumping out details seem to at least enjoy it ao far

Houndi101

I can't believe it's almost time for Game of the Year shenanigans, this year went by so fast, thanks duders

Don't worry, people are not gonna admit it's bad for years.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
it's good for a while, but right now, i don't think it's Full Price On Release good.

Are you still going through the Australia steam store?

Because it's 112 aud on steam while I have the steamworks physical copy preordered for 59 aud.

So I guess in a way I'm paying waaaaay below actual full price.

So many new games are coming out this holiday. I'm waiting for the true goat,
replay Lighting Returns on PC

Scrubbed through, landed on the moment. Ha. Dan lost his mind.
BctooVv.png

Gestahl

Another Bethesda game being a smoldering tire fire of graphics and dialogue doesn't really bother me since I live in Canada and this thing is fucking $80 before tax

hamchan

Are you still going through the Australia steam store?

Because it's 112 aud on steam while I have the steamworks physical copy preordered for 59 aud.

So I guess in a way I'm paying waaaaay below actual full price.

Yep. I'm also getting FO4 from JBHiFi. The situation of game prices is kinda insane in Australia right now. While our dollar dropped a lot the game prices never rose back up. COD is only $64 at launch here too. I just bought Assassin's Creed Syndicate for $51. Pretty good for a country that used to have $120 games as the standard.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Watching the quick look of Velvet Sundown again. It's so good. I'm going to have to locate that video of Lang playing it after this one finishes.

Joeku

Yep. I'm also getting FO4 from JBHiFi. The situation of game prices is kinda insane in Australia right now. While our dollar dropped a lot the game prices never rose back up. COD is only $64 at launch here too. I just bought Assassin's Creed Syndicate for $51. Pretty good for a country that used to have $120 games as the standard.

Fuck, Canada's falling behind even Australia in game prices? Lord, how the mighty $40 of 2009-2013 have fallen.

Fallout 4 is gonna be another BethSoft game. Make all the money, get a fuckton of awards, be a janky fucking ankle-deep ocean kept salinated by the work of the community, with no true sense of character or place or time.

Frankly I would love to be surprised. But at some point around 30ish hours into Skyrim the formula broke for me and I realized it was just a mess of math colliding into one another while polygons slid around on invisible ice rinks. From that moment on I could see the code of the Matrix; I knew kung fu, and fuck kung fu.

Honestly I'll probably get the damn thing after some DLC comes out and it's on sale. In the DLC they at least can pack a narrative into a small structure and it generally works out pretty well.

JGLS

Watching the quick look of Velvet Sundown again. It's so good. I'm going to have to locate that video of Lang playing it after this one finishes.

If you find the video, share the link, sounds hilarious to watch Lang play that game.
Another thing duders, I just subscribed to a monthly plan through paypal. However, I didn't even get an email or a notification on my paypal account history. Is that supposed to happen?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you find the video, share the link, sounds hilarious to watch Lang play that game.
Another thing duders, I just subscribed to a monthly plan through paypal. However, I didn't even get an email or a notification on my paypal account history. Is that supposed to happen?
How did you do that? When I enter my billing page the only thing I can do is to add a credit card and there's no paypal option (I bought my last year of premium through the store).

Xater

I wonder how many years the Need for Speed franchise has left. I wonder what the sales numbers look like with what seems to be an increasingly mediocre series with some neat ideas that never come together. What was the last truly great one, the Hot Pursuit reboot? Even if the new one manages to be good, it'll likely suffer from its always online and seemingly small amount of content in an ever shrinking racing game fanbase.

I just can't imagine a NFS game launching in 2020.

Yup, Hot Pursuit was the last great one. Not even the Burnout team was able to make another good one and fucked it up with the sequel to HP.

It feels like racing games are going into the same direction as sport games did. Less and less good arcade titles until all that's left are the sims.

JGLS

Lang played it on their extra life stream last year here and here.

I really did not enjoy the mission Drew is on now. All the
skulls
missions are pretty bad in my opinion.

Thank you for the links :)
I actually enjoyed most of the skulls fights, except for Traitor's Caravan, the checkpoint system is just excruciating on that mission. Did you not like Mission
28, the Skulls Sniper battle?

daydream

Banned
Yup, Hot Pursuit was the last great one. Not even the Burnout team was able to make another good one and fucked it up with the sequel to HP.

It feels like racing games are going into the same direction as sport games did. Less and less good arcade titles until all that's left are the sims.

i hate that trend, as well, but isn't the new nfs exactly what an arcade racing fan would want? it seemed pretty good to me judging from the ql and the amount of content seemed just perfect. keep the ubisoft bloat out of my ea games, thank you

kAmui-

Thank you for the links :)
I actually enjoyed most of the skulls fights, except for Traitor's Caravan, the checkpoint system is just excruciating on that mission. Did you not like Mission
28, the Skulls Sniper battle?

Actually, yes! I did like that one.

AcridMeat

Banned
i hate that trend, as well, but isn't the new nfs exactly what an arcade racing fan would want? it seemed pretty good to me judging from the ql and the amount of content seemed just perfect. keep the ubisoft bloat out of my ea games, thank you
Nah man. Open world games with 8 hours of content is booboo (Most Wanted remake, discussed it here a couple days ago). New one looks like it's lacking as well given Jeff had 3 hours played and 34% complete.

I could really go for an arcade game with the structure of Burnout 3 though. I'm pretty sick of open worlds for arcade driving games.

Xater

Not really. Game is lacking on a lot of fronts. It's not about the bloat, because the Crew for example is also awful. Personally I am not a big fan of open world arcade racers. The only one that really got it right was Burnout Paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom