• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Wait a sec. I need to walk back the "they're not going to hire anybody" line.

They're going to hire some web developers. That's one position they're definitely looking for. You'll just never ever see them or know who they are.

Myggen

Wait a sec. I need to walk back the "they're not going to hire anybody" line.

They're going to hire some web developers. That's one position they're definitely looking for. You'll just never ever see them or know who they are.

That's CBSi, not GB. So your nitpicking is incorrect.

After the talk about it this week, I'm suddenly REALLY wanting some kind of Snatcher-related GB content. I think it's perfect for a group playthrough.

I really just wanted to talk about Danielle and was using Tina's departure as an excuse

But let's get back on topic. So vampire hunter d should be happening tonight unless Jason hates us.

Quentyn

Rock Band 4 doesn't look that great to me. It all feels a bit rushed and it looks like the DLC integration is a huge mess.

oti

Banned
They should hire someone to replace Brad as resident anime editor I find his anime content very limited.

komplanen

Just played a game as rebels on hoth, got one walker down and the other to 2%. I might have cried if we won.

Heh, I've played like 8 matches on Hoth and haven't seen both Walkers go down.

I've won a few times on the rebel side. Just needs a team that focuses everything they have on keeping the comms satellites up. That's it. No secret cow level based on how mane "n00bs" you kill with your "skillz". 99% of people don't understand that and rebels lose.

I've won a few times on the rebel side. Just needs a team that focuses everything they have on keeping the comms satellites up. That's it. No secret cow level based on how mane "n00bs" you kill with your "skillz". 99% of people don't understand that and rebels lose.

Yeah based on that game it shouldn't be super hard if people knew what they were doing, you just need to have a good chunk of your team perma-camping one point during each phase. Also everyone needs anti-vehicle weapons/cards.

My main problem with that level is how easy it is with Imperial to pin Rebels down at spawns in the first stage. If Rebels don't do a ton of damage each stage it seems real hard to bring the walkers down, barring a snowspeeder taking one out.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I spent seven or eight hours last night working on the most diabolical Mario Maker level I could imagine. It's leagues worse than anything I've made before, and I'll hopefully be done with it this weekend. It's got some parts that require some tough platforming, but half of the challenge comes from the puzzle elements I'm putting in. I have to do a ton of testing to make sure you can't reach the end without following the insanely specific set of actions I intended. This will be the one that breaks Patrick. If he can beat it within three days of me posting it, I'll concede defeat. I doubt he'll be able to do it, though.

The only issue with battlefront imo is that its a bit shallow. Like, compared to the original battlefront games, those had alot of character with the selectable classes. And it had a story mode to supplement the game. This battlefront being multiplayer only is...kinda sad.

And that sounds marvelous, Dan. Cant wait to see it!

DamnBoxes

I spent seven or eight hours last night working on the most diabolical Mario Maker level I could imagine. It's leagues worse than anything I've made before, and I'll hopefully be done with it this weekend. It's got some parts that require some tough platforming, but half of the challenge comes from the puzzle elements I'm putting in. I have to do a ton of testing to make sure you can't reach the end without following the insanely specific set of actions I intended. This will be the one that breaks Patrick. If he can beat it within three days of me posting it, I'll concede defeat. I doubt he'll be able to do it, though.

giphy.gif

You monster, bullying random youtubers.
The only issue with battlefront imo is that its a bit shallow. Like, compared to the original battlefront games, those had alot of character with the selectable classes. And it had a story mode to supplement the game. This battlefront being multiplayer only is...kinda sad.
It being multiplayer only is fine, if it has enough content but the beta gives no indication on how much content the game has.

Bacon

7 or 8 hous? On one level? Good lord lol

It being multiplayer only is fine, if it has enough content and the beta gives no indication on how much content the game has.

You can kinda see thd modes available though(as marked by the "not available in beta" greyed out text) and the amount of survival missions. Unless theyre planning on alot more levels, its not alot :/

I think it'd be funny if you made a level that was abnormally hard to beat and filled with many troll moments, but one of the early troll moments (made to look like an obvious troll moment) brings you directly to the end. I could see Patrick playing the level going the hard way every time, missing the easy way every time because he wouldn't trust it.

The weird puzzle stuff people think of in SMM is infinitely more interesting than just a string of pixel-perfect jumps, so this sounds awesome. I'm just hoping there's another POW block involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom