• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope it ain't all boring solo streams from home. Magic happens when they're in the studio and slowly succumbing to madness.
Yeah solo streams are not nearly as good as studio ones.
Remember when Brad decided to install that 360 game on stream and there was no one to tell him no.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You know the head of King is laughing he was able to get that much.

How are they any different from Zinga or Rovio? I just see another mobile company that is making boat loads of cash around 1 game that might lose all its steam a month from now. Not a wise investment.
I'm really no expert, but King had 600 million in net income last year and trends can't be bad if Bobby is acting now. Zynga is actually losing money and Rovio is tiny.
Maybe this whole "Saga" thing is what helps them to create new games all the time, I don't know.

Nero18

King is like mass production factory for games. Know a couple of programmers that have worked there and they basically get divided into small groups with the assignment to just make as many games as they can. Not all of them make it out of course, but the intents is super clear.

Xater

King is like mass production factory for games. Know a couple of programmers that have worked there and they basically get divided into small groups with the assignment to just make as many games as they can. Not all of them make it out of course, but the intents is super clear.

Well makes sense, because in the mobile market you never know what is going to stick. It's just way too fickle an audience. So you just throw stuff out there and hope something works.

They probably have a higher success rate because they can promote their games in the ones they have and are already popular.

What res? Any AA?

My 980ti could only just about hold 60 at 1440p/max everything.

1080 and and yeah I had almost everything on except DoF and motion blur because that stuff annoys me. game was absurdly well optimized.

e: I may have dialed shadows back some, I don't remember. it wasn't noticeable though. I never actually tweaked anything after starting the game.

Zaph

1080 and and yeah I had almost everything on except DoF and motion blur because that stuff annoys me. game was absurdly well optimized.

Yeah, those two options definitely cause performance to take a hit. It really is a well optimised game - I was able to DSR 4k/60ish for most of the game - but there were just a couple parts later on that really chugged for no obvious reason, so I went back to native.

mintyice

Yeah, those two options definitely cause performance to take a hit. It really is a well optimised game - I was able to DSR 4k/60ish for most of the game - but there were just a couple parts later on that really chugged for no obvious reason, so I went back to native.

I had both those on and ran it at 1080/60fps on a 760

daydream

Banned
Thanks. I heard mixed things, but for that price I am gonna get it for sure.

Also it is crazy that that game is already in a bundle like that. It came out less than a month ago.

i've only heard positive things myself but it's probably worth experiencing, in any case

was also surprised to see it in a bundle so soon

Been in a haze of dealing with a newborn for two weeks and just now catching up on the podcasts. The last Beastcast episode is amazing so far. The production for Dr Vinny and the Bagel controversy are great. "Les Moonves loves an everything bagel."

Yes oh god yes

I would hope they'd do Us vs Them again when the next update comes out with mutators. Would make it more interesting.

demidar

Been in a haze of dealing with a newborn for two weeks and just now catching up on the podcasts. The last Beastcast episode is amazing so far. The production for Dr Vinny and the Bagel controversy are great. "Les Moonves loves an everything bagel."

is your name jason oestreicher

BigAT

Anyone having problems with the video player not remembering your preferences? I'm signed in, premium member, but the streaming option keeps defaulting to Auto (which ends up being low) when I watch videos.

Quentyn

Anyone having problems with the video player not remembering your preferences? I'm signed in, premium member, but the streaming option keeps defaulting to Auto (which ends up being low) when I watch videos.

Yea, that has been a known issue for years. I have it set to HTML5 HD and resets itself to streaming at least once per week.

I don't know if anyone else listens to Lexicon Valley but the two comments introducing the word today were just absurd to hear, given the context of the conversation.

It's almost tumblr culture.

trillbo

I don't know if anyone else listens to Lexicon Valley but the two comments introducing the word today were just absurd to hear, given the context of the conversation.

It's almost tumblr culture.

Yeah I had to stop listening while they were reading the second one out. Pretty ridiculous to get offended over that.

omgkitty

I've been rocking the same avatar for 7 years now, even back in the GIF avatar era.

I don't change.

I think it works better that way. I start to recognize the same people by their avatars because I never look at usernames. It's why I've kept mine...gives me some recognition if people see it often.

Xater

Damn, just realized I'm working 99 hours the next two weeks. RIP video games.

RIP more than video games. Should I link that article that I recently linked that shorter work hours are not only better for productivity but also for the workers health?

mintyice

RIP more than video games. Should I link that article that I recently linked that shorter work hours are not only better for productivity but also for the workers health?

Oh I believe you. About 20 of those hours are on-call so that's not like real work anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom