• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The FMV stuff and the new guitar in Guitar Hero had me a lot interested in new Guitar Hero than Rock Band

but that song list for GH is ROUGH

yami4ct

I mean in some GOTY award of some kind. Highlighting those that do it properly (CDPR) and those that don't (WB).

Giant Bomb used to do best DLC. Did they drop that? I remember Left Behind and Minerva's Den both won awards from them. It feels like there's never enough good add-on content to fill that category.

Giant Bomb used to do best DLC. Did they drop that? I remember Left Behind and Minerva's Den both won awards from them. It feels like there's never enough good add-on content to fill that category.

It's a shame there isn't more big expansion-style DLC. Most is just bullshit that used to be included in the game.

LiK

I think they did. they like having that category

I don't think that left behind did, that came out last year and there wasn't a DLC category last year. I think Brad said on tumblr that the reason they stopped is for that exact reason, there just isn't enough good DLC to fill a category.

justjim89

The Ballad of Ira Hayes is in Rock Band? I love Johnny Cash probably more than about anyone else on the planet, but that doesn't strike me as a very effective party atmosphere sort of song. Especially in terms of the parts. Johnny Cash lead guitar lines aren't terribly complex, the bass parts even less so and the drums are about basic as you could get. Maybe the vocals are enough of a fun challenge for some, but I can't imagine a song about one of the heroes of WWII dying in a puddle of his own vomit really lifting the atmosphere of a Rock Band night.

Dan all I'm gonna say is

One of Patrick's earliest trials was against a NSMB style stage that required wall jumps

And I know your brand of madness is more towards puzzles and intimidation but

just consider it

just consider the psychological warfare component

consider if there's any possible way in which
you could make the wall jumps move on a track

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know, the FMV bits they've shown of Guitar Hero Live of your bandmates looking at you like 'what the fuck' when you screw up seems like it has loads of potential

yami4ct

I don't think that left behind did, that came out last year and there wasn't a DLC category last year. I think Brad said on tumblr that the reason they stopped is for that exact reason, there just isn't enough good DLC to fill a category.

Maybe I just got confused because they talked about how much they loved Left Behind so much.

Over/Under on Brad trying to get the category back so The Taken King can win?

Dan all I'm gonna say is

One of Patrick's earliest trials was against a NSMB style stage that required wall jumps

just consider it

That's gross nobody wants to see NSMB.

yami4ct

how does RB4 handle those song export codes from previous rock bands? I have RB1, RB2, and Lego RB redeem on my account but i can't seem to find a good answer for this

Last I heard, disc export DLC currently doesn't work in 4. They've said they're trying all the time to add back all the DLC stuff currently not available, but I haven't heard more than that.

justjim89

I can just imagine now some 27 minute long Game Theory video about The Mushroom Kingdom actually being some kind of communist police state.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Dan all I'm gonna say is

just consider it

Nope. It's a Super Mario World level.

justjim89

NSMB Wii might be my favorite 2D platformer. Followed by Mario 3, of course.

I just remember playing through that whole game with my gf and her daughter, and going through co-op or soloing the harder stages while they stayed in the bubbles. Maybe one of my favorite gaming experiences.

if the nsmb tileset came with the minimushroom and goddamned ice flower you'd all be singing a different tune

yeah but the only reason NSMB tileset is even tolerable is thanks to the exclusion of the WAHWAH bullshit that makes the fucking enemies face you and fucking clap like stupid ass seals and shit.

so if were gonna play that game then lets play it from all angles

I thought NSMBU was alright, but I got halfway through NSLU and just kind of stopped

NSMB Wii might be my favorite 2D platformer. Followed by Mario 3, of course.

I just remember playing through that whole game with my gf and her daughter, and going through co-op or soloing the harder stages while they stayed in the bubbles. Maybe one of my favorite gaming experiences.

If that's what you're into, why not play the newer Rayman platformers? They're way better than any of the NSMB games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I couldn't play NSMB because of that tiny ass d-pad on the Wii Remote and Nintendo never added classic controller support in.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
All the New Super Mario Bros games suck

Now that I have spoken this incredible Correct and Right Opinion I shall take my leave

you may think I'm a Hater but no, I only post incredibly Good content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom