• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still playing online?

Didn't really try online, just played through the main levels and it's still very fun with a good soundtrack. Maybe i'll try again and get back to you in abit since I still have my PS3/X360 plugged in, I imagine on PC it would have more players? I don't know.

Edit: Gotta love the sweet crash damage that Criterion does so well and satisfying.

need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-review-1.jpg

It's a shame that Alex didn't play Tales from the Borderlands as each new episode was released, I would have loved him to do the recaps for each episode like he did with Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead season 2. Hopefully he at least plays it and talks about it at some point because it's fantastic and I'd love to hear his thoughts on it based on his thoughts about Telltale's other episodic games.

danm999

It's a shame that Alex didn't play Tales from the Borderlands as each new episode was released, I would have loved him to do the recaps for each episode like he did with Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead season 2. Hopefully he at least plays it and talks about it at some point because it's fantastic and I'd love to hear his thoughts on it based on his thoughts about Telltale's other episodic games.

I bet on Game of Thrones this year and it really seems like I bet wrong because that's been flat as hell and I only hear good things about Tales from the Borderlands.

Anjin M

I bet on Game of Thrones this year and it really seems like I bet wrong because that's been flat as hell and I only hear good things about Tales from the Borderlands.

I don't think anyone expected Tales to be the better of the two. What a world.

I'm like 3 episodes in, and I don't think Telltale's Game of Thrones is exceptional, but I sure as hell want to know what happens with these characters. It has at least that going for it.

I had no interest in it originally but after hearing all the positive impressions I decided to pick it up and I'm glad I did, I'd easily put it above the first season of TWD.

They managed to take some of the paper thin and often annoying characters from the main games and actually turn them into characters worth giving a shit about. It's the first Borderlands game that really nails what Borderlands could be from a writing perspective and I hope that it isn't ignored in BL3.

It's true, I went in and thinking man...this seems like a bad idea but I like the Borderlands world so I'm gonna try it out. Boy was I wrong, it was fantastic. Well written and genuinely funny with editing that makes you think you're watching an Edger Wright film.

Fuck...Now is the right time for Burnout goddamnit.

Too bad EA will never fund a racing game with non-licensed cars... Imagine that next-gen destruction.

I don't think I've bought a racing game since Burnout Paradise.... and I like the genre.

Yes! 3 episodes in and this game is amazing. Only problem I had was that when I quit in the middle of the chapter and started playing again, I lost about 45 minutes of progress (which I got back to in about 20 after skipping a bunch of sequences). Lesson learned, I'm better off finding the time to play the whole chapter in one sitting instead of playing some of it and quitting.

I hear chapters 4 and 5 are the best ones, so I'm excited to find time to get back into it. I can't say much since I haven't finished the story, but I hope Teltale does some kind of work with the borderlands franchise again whether its through BL3 or a TftB S2.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I was hoping to be in my new place by now and actually participate in Extra Life this year. Guess I'm going to just have to watch an obscene amount instead.

I hear chapters 4 and 5 are the best ones, so I'm excited to find time to get back into it. I can't say much since I haven't finished the story, but I hope Teltale does some kind of work with the borderlands franchise again whether its through BL3 or a TftB S2.

I'd probably agree with 4 and 5 being the best and I agree that they should work on the series again, they did a better job that Gearbox ever has. Hopefully you're able to finish those last few episodes without hitting too much of the Telltale jank.

Extra Life schedule:

6 PM Thursday Austin
7 AM Friday Giant Bomb SF
7 PM Friday Vinny
3 AM Saturday Jason
9 AM Saturday Drew and Alexis
8 AM Sunday Dave Lang
8 AM Monday The End!

That's a damn good schedule, I might actually have to try staying awake just to catch most of Austin and Vinny's streams.

Zaph

I hope they're still streaming to Twitch this year, because having the app on your phone in audio only mode is great for trying to catch it live as much as possible.

Zebetite

Banned
gonna miss the 24 hour marathons-- how can we reasonably expect someone to spend 5 hours trying to make a yawn counting button if damn near everyone's only got 12 hours of stream??

also, 12 hours? what is this, a upf?

jk jk-- but i will miss the sleep deprivation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom