• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's definitely going to appeal to the part of the internet that grind everything charming into paste, but that doesn't mean that it should only be enjoyed by those lunatics.

but if people don't like it that's ok too.

I'll have to try it before the end of the year and judge it myself.

Meanwhile I got bored of the gameplay 90 minutes into the game. The fun writing is nt enough to string me along.

Gameplay was serviceable. On the other hand, I disliked the writing more and more that I played though, until like the neutral ending which I really liked.

Then I played pacifist and man that was just awful right through the end.

LiK

I've been meaning to play it but from what I seen it's a charming game and that goes a long way. It's the reason I come back to play Nintendo games because most if not all of them are just damn charming.

def check it out when you can especially if you like games like Earthbound. it's my personal GOTY atm.

I finished it. I was initially very warm to what it was doing but the further in the game I got, the less I liked it. It got weirdly difficult close to the end to the point where I was really confused about what the game actually wanted to do. Like it's for the most part super easy which is fine because it's about the writing and the charm, and then suddenly it gets hard despite the fact that the battle system is sluggish and imprecise. I didn't like the one-note characters towards the end of the game like Alphys and Metaton. Ending didn't do anything for me either.

Pacifist True Ending was one of the best endings ever. I enjoyed all the different types of gameplay during the battles. pretty novel and challenging. anyway, that's fine. I'm happy you finished it anyway.

Brashnir

It's a FMV adventure game. That doesn't fail ever.

All I remember of 7th Guest is bad single-screen puzzles and shitty, super-ponderous movement around a big house. The sorts of things that make FMV fun are pretty few and far between in that game as I recall.

All I remember of 7th Guest is bad single-screen puzzles and shitty, super-ponderous movement around a big house. The sorts of things that make FMV fun are pretty few and far between in that game as I recall.

this is my hazy, 20 year old memory of the game, anyway

Xater

There is less of it but the deaths are fun.

There of course still other "fun" FMV games out there to play.

killroy87

Bold prediction: Destiny will be played.

After all, the only Halo they haven't done is Halo 5, correct? And that won't take the full 24 hours.

I assume they'll just play Halo 5 multiplayer, since they'll want something that's splitsc- ...oh, right.

Situations like Drew and Alexis are exactly why 343 made such an idiodic decision.

fleck0

Toonstruck is actually one that crossed my mind. I remember liking that one a lot back int he day. I bet it doesn't hold up at all, that's probably why it's perfect.

I played it for the first time about a year ago when i showed up on GoG and thought it held up extremely well visually. The animation and voice overs are as good as ever, second only to Day of the Tentacle. Though moving around the world is pretty damn slow as was the trend at the time.

I think a lot of the puzzles were pretty obtuse as well.

Who will make the worst food choices during this year's Extra Life?

Austin starts at around dinner time. He could make some unfortunate overnight choices, especially in NYC.

Giant Bomb West starts Friday morning, but they don't have enough time to justify a $100 Pizza Hut order.

Vinny's only on for 8 hours, so I don't he'll go nuts, even though he was one of the drivers for that Pizza Hut order.

Jason's only on for 6 hours; he needs caffeine more than anything else.

Could Drew and Alexis fall to dubious food choices? Will Dave Lang?

Lelcar

I'm really liking Project CARS, it's so much better than Driveclub imo. I love the concept of signing contracts and working your way through these different driving styles and it's easier to figure out what you're doing right and wrong on the road. I'm surprised at how much I like it actually, as I'm more into arcade racers when it comes to driving games. PCARS is accessible to me personally in a way that Driveclub was not. It might make it somewhere low on my top 10 GOTY list this year. Crazy.

Maybe Jason will finally get those Chicken Fries he was deprived of last time. And he has a baby to expose those Chicken Fries to now!

QgLG7qa.jpg

I'm really liking Project CARS, it's so much better than Driveclub imo. I love the concept of signing contracts and working your way through these different driving styles and it's easier to figure out what you're doing right and wrong on the road. I'm surprised at how much I like it actually, as I'm more into arcade racers when it comes to driving games. PCARS is accessible to me personally in a way that Driveclub was not. It might make it somewhere low on my top 10 GOTY list this year. Crazy.

I think it's more of a demonstration that driving sims aren't really that far removed from other racers, it's just that the devs don't always properly try to welcome people unfamiliar with the style. it's cool CARS does that.

Patryn

Jeff's tweeting about PS4 difficulties.

Guessing he's doing the Fallout 4 review. If so, it's interesting that Bethesda sent PS4 copies. Thought Microsoft had the marketing deals for it.

skynidas

Banned

Guessing he's doing the Fallout 4 review. If so, it's interesting that Bethesda sent PS4 copies. Thought Microsoft had the marketing deals for it.

it's obvious that the ps4 version will perform a little better at least

popo

Is there a Choose Your Own Adventure stream in 30 mins? It's on the schedule but there is no thread?

They used last weeks thread, since it was only 8 days old.

They definitely sent PS4. You could see the box in that stealth brag photo Jeff posted.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSlzeXxUkAAvrJ0.jpg:large

erawsd

Seems like many devs are sending PS4 versions regardless. MS had the marketing deal with Witcher and they still sent out PS4 copies.

They used last weeks thread, since it was only 8 days old.

They definitely sent PS4. You could see the box in that stealth brag photo Jeff posted.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSlzeXxUkAAvrJ0.jpg:large

I'd be interested to see how the PS4 version compares to the XB1 version. Surely, it won't be as vast as 360 Skyrim vs. PS3 Skyrim, but it would be interesting to see if things flip-flop a bit.

Also, why in the world does Jeff have Mario Party 5 on his desk!? They already did 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom