• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

What the hell is THAC?

TroyHasACamera, a comedy channel started by the guys behind Marble Hornets. It reminded me a lot of old-school Giant Bomb in that it seemed to essentially be a group of friends having fun making content together. Today it was learned that two of the founding members Joseph(who played Alex in Marble Hornets) and Tim(who played Tim) have left the company on less than amicable terms.

I'm sure nobody in here knows or cares, but like I said it would be as though in 2009 or 2010 if two of the main duders just up and left.

- J - D -

I'm pretty excited for the Extra Life stream, even if the main crew are "only" doing 12 hours.

They could try to beat half of the heroic King's Fall raid in that time.

BearPawB

Banned
Damn. Tim and Joseph have left THAC, seems like some major shit went down between the guys. That'd be like if Brad and Ryan left Giant Bomb in the early days.

That's the downside of everything being so personality-focused these days. When shit goes south or people leave to do other things it really fucks up the dynamic.

i do not know what you are talking about

TroyHasACamera, a comedy channel started by the guys behind Marble Hornets.

still don't. (edit. oh the slenderman thing, ok i guess i do remember that)

But yeah, doing business with friends isn't always a great idea.

Sidenote. I am 29, but am already starting to feel out of touch with what kids are doing on the internet.

BearPawB

Banned
My bad, shouldn't have brought it up. A bit off topic even by my standards.

Nah, i didn't mean to be a dick.

Doing business with friends is really hard. Feelings getting hurt is always bad. Money being involved only amplifies it.
It is an accomplishment that so much of GB has stuck together.

But also keep in mind how many seemingly instrumental people GB has actually lost over the years.
Things have changed, but change isn't always negative

The Crusader King's Playdate is really good, wow. I was not expecting it to be this fun, knowing how Crusader Kings plays... then again, it's just a real game of CK2 so I should've really been thinking, 'how could it go wrong?'

CK2, y'all. It's an amazing game.

Ketch

Armor class is how much armor you have, and THAC0 is what you need to roll To Hit Armor Class 0. You subtract AC from THAC0. Lower numbers are better in old DnD tho.

So if your THAC0 is 10 and enemy has AC0 then you have to roll 10-0 = 10 to hit. Kinda 50/50 on a 20 sided dice you know.

But if your THAC0 is 10 and enemy has AC10 then you have to roll 10-10= 0 to hit. Means you hit em every time (unless you roll 1 which is always a miss).

THAC0 is golf.

Boom, ya done.

yea, and the enemy AC is your handicap.

Tubobutts

The Crusader King's Playdate is really good, wow. I was not expecting it to be this fun, knowing how Crusader Kings plays... then again, it's just a real game of CK2 so I should've really been thinking, 'how could it go wrong?'

CK2, y'all. It's an amazing game.

That's why everyone should vote for it for COOA.

Anjin M

Damn. Tim and Joseph have left THAC, seems like some major shit went down between the guys.
Between this and the news that Classic Game Room is shutting down, I have been made very aware that there is more going on in even our little corner of the internet than I will ever be able to follow.

Nah, i didn't mean to be a dick.

Doing business with friends is really hard. Feelings getting hurt is always bad. Money being involved only amplifies it.
It is an accomplishment that so much of GB has stuck together.

But also keep in mind how many seemingly instrumental people GB has actually lost over the years.
Things have changed, but change isn't always negative
One main reason I feel for the fallout of giant bomb will be when CBS will try to either meddle in their operations or absorb giant bomb into GameSpot or something to that vain.

One day this is going to happen and the duders are gonna leave. Even now when Jeff speaks about meetings he speaks about them in a sarcastic way.

I don't know but that will be a sad day just like when the staff 1up and egm disbanded.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Giant Bomb will end in Dirty Dan Ryckert selling them out to CBS under their noses. All the while, he'll say 'I did this for us!'

Here's a gif I created. It could come in handy.

LpyBpAb.gif

edit: here's a second one again with Patrick Steward that I made last year:

OGtu5wy.gif

Brigador looks amazing. I was ready to add it to my Steam wishlist after the first ten minutes of hot mech action. Really hope Early Access goes well for it--the full game will be a real treat.

Giant Bomb East covers all the good games.

daydream

Banned
who's doing the extra life thread, mygs?

don't forget to include countdown timers, ain't nobody got time to deal with time zones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom