• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be nice to watch the GB Extra Life stream live this year. Usually I'm doing EL myself but we've had to move ours back a week this year so I'll be free.

Dragon

Banned
Man Jeff is up early. That's 6:30 AM his time. I always think they don't get into work until 10 (especially with his 40 mile commute).

LiK

Man Jeff is up early. That's 6:30 AM his time. I always think they don't get into work until 10 (especially with his 40 mile commute).

yea, his commute to work is insane. he did a video with Ryan that showed their typical commute to work. I forget what video that was.

wait what

It's just an angle, there won't be any color in this b-show. They will botch it early. Probably won't respect the business, and bury actual talent. They will blow off a lot of stories quick, won't even do a false finish to catch the marks. I bet they won't even gig to show colour. Green show. Dumb gimmick. Can see it getting a lot of heat before it ever gets over.

Dineren

Banned
It's just an angle, there won't be any color in this b-show. They will botch it early. Probably won't respect the business, and bury actual talent. They will blow off a lot of stories quick, won't even do a false finish to catch the marks. I bet they won't even gig to show colour. Green show. Dumb gimmick. Can see it getting a lot of heat before it ever gets over.

I think I might understand one sentence in there.

Haunted

Beastcast hasn't been recorded yet, right?

CS0p4-5UEAAzvwx.jpg
NO

FStop7

Banned
People tend to get up early on the west coast because the American "work day" is generally dictated by things going on in New York, DC, etc. Sports, too.

It was a pretty interesting experience, the first time I visited San Diego. The Chargers were playing an away game at 1PM eastern time, so all of the bars in SD were packed at 10AM. Not that I'm complaining, any excuse to slam beers at 10 works for me.

I just hope they don't job any of their new talent to the vets to get a cheap pop from the dumb marks.

I just hope they don't job any of their new talent to the vets to get a cheap pop from the dumb marks.

Show won't go over. Talent has workrate but won't draw. It's a rib on the entire business.
You're all terrible.

I'm glad they defended Shadow of Mordor in the latest podcast. Even with them saying that they still would have liked the game in another year, although it may not have gotten GOTY, there's still people saying in the podcast thread, "nope, they only liked it because it was 2014". The presentation of the nemesis system is still the coolest new thing I've seen this gen despite the game being boring in a number of other areas.

Haunted

I'm glad they defended Shadow of Mordor in the latest podcast. Even with them saying that they still would have liked the game in another year, although it may not have gotten GOTY, there's still people saying in the podcast thread, "nope, they only liked it because it was 2014". The presentation of the nemesis system is still the coolest new thing I've seen this gen despite the game being boring in a number of other areas.
I'm hoping we'll see much more of the Nemesis system going forward.

How long did it take for games in that space to copy the Arkham combat system (which is now everywhere?) How long did it take to implement the invasion multiplayer style pioneered by Souls that's now in a lot of games? I have my fingers crossed for some announcements in that vein for 2016 and going forward.

Moldiver

So with the new Star Trek series coming to CBS and Dan Ryckert being a published writer AT CBS, is it confirmed that the fresh mind to write a new Star Trek series is in fact Dan Ryckert?

Loxley

I'm really excited to see what improvements Monolith can make to the Nemesis System and how they'll expand it for the (assumed) sequel.

Jeez, Drew's already almost caught up to where I am. I just failed both 21 and 22 last weekend and haven't been able to play since then. I'm wondering if I should put off side ops for now or just wait on watching MGScanlon until I'm finished... three months from now.

Edit: I took the strategy that somebody here suggested with episode 18, but
the prisoners kept falling out of my trucks
. I eventually used like
3 or 4 different vehicles to get them all.
It was kind of a pain, but I mostly enjoyed that mission anyway.

Doing my best to fully catch up on GB videos before streams start. No way in hell I'm watching any over the weekend. Just one more Quick Look to g-

Jeez, Drew's already almost caught up to where I am. I just failed both 21 and 22 last weekend and haven't been able to play since then. I'm wondering if I should put off side ops for now or just wait on watching MGScanlon until I'm finished... three months from now.

Edit: I took the strategy that somebody here suggested with episode 18, but
the prisoners kept falling out of my trucks
. I eventually used like
3 or 4 different vehicles to get them all.
It was kind of a pain, but I mostly enjoyed that mission anyway.

-I FORGOT ABOUT SCANLON

daydream

Banned
also good chance we're gonna hit that thread #18 during extra life depending on where people post

this thread definitely flew by faster than, i dunno, the last three or four. goty discussions doing work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom