• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamboGT

I feel like Jeff is underestimating the crossover between people that play cod multiplayer and people that play zombies.

Zombie mode with randoms and solo is terrible, Zombie mode with friends is great! I know that playing with friends can make anything fun in a way but zombie mode has always been really fun.

zsynqx

Jeff is pretty wrong about zombies in terms of it's popularity, it is huge :L I'm surprised he loved AW multiplayer which is widely considered to be terrible so I think he has different sensibilities when it comes to COD.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't understand Jeff's weird hatred for zombies, don't think he's ever expressed it very well. Weird, deep fun when you get together with some mates.

I don't know whether it goes any deeper than his general "Fuck zombies" opinions. He also doesn't seem huge on co-op, and doubly so for repeating the same content in co-op.

Zombie mode with randoms and solo is terrible, Zombie mode with friends is great! I know that playing with friends can make anything fun in a way but zombie mode has always been really fun.

I tend to prefer playing zombies with randoms, it's easy to ensure that you're not stuck there for hours if you play with randoms. Once you get into the late twenties the rounds tend to start dragging.

Loxley

Jeff is pretty wrong about zombies in terms of it's popularity, it is huge :L I'm surprised he loved AW multiplayer which is widely considered to be terrible so I think he has different sensibilities when it comes to COD.

Whenever I check Twitch and find myself meandering over the COD streams (which, granted, isn't all that often), I feel like at least half of them are zombies streams. The community definitely loves it.

Jothel

I don't understand Jeff's weird hatred for zombies, don't think he's ever expressed it very well. Weird, deep fun when you get together with some mates.

I mean, that's the second time he'd advocated for removing it from the main game and making it its own thing so he doesn't have to deal with it.
Yep, loved WAW zombies, being backed up against a wall with ray guns with three friends is super fun

Call of Duty 3 had the best multiplayer though.

tchocky

The Fallout 4 review embargo has an embargo

We hope you’re having fun exploring the Wasteland in Fallout 4. We know your followers are eager to hear more about the game. If you’d like to reveal when your review or launch coverage will run, you can share beginning this Friday, November 6 at 10 a.m. PST.

Please keep in mind that the embargo below is still in place.

All review coverage is under embargo until Monday, November 9 at 8 a.m. EST.

Thanks,

The Bethesda PR team

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
No offense or anything but why another thread for Extra Life? Dammit people have we learned nothing from the Sega CD/32X? Don't split the user base!

Myggen

No offense or anything but why another thread for Extra Life? Dammit people have we learned nothing from the Sega CD/32X? Don't split the user base!

We always make threads on Gaming for GB events like Extra Life, GOTY, E3 etc. EmCee might lock this thread until Monday morning like he's done before with the E3 thread.

free, charity stream. threads in gaming tend to pick up people outside of this thread. might get a few extra eyes on the stream, maybe some extra money raised

downside: Gaming

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
free, charity stream. threads in gaming tend to pick up people outside of this thread. might get a few extra eyes on the stream, maybe some extra money raised

downside: Gaming

Makes total sense, and again no offense meant, it's a very nice OP myggen!

-Kees-

I never played the CoD multiplayer before the Blops beta earlier this year and now because I have Gamers Club I'm tempted to pick it up because of the $10 back if I pre-order it on top of the $5 I already have to apply to it. Ugh I don't know what to do THIS IS HOW THEY GET YOU.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder whether Austin will be able to support a stream by himself(in an entertaining manner that is)

Austin is an intelligent dude with a lot of ideas. I don't see why not. Anything's better than Brad installing games on stream.

Frenden

Banned
You guys are my source of hot extra life live links. If it's not on GB/chat, you'll be my only hope. That's a lot of responsibility.

Patryn

I need to stay out of that Fallout Embargo thread. Far too many people taking it as license to say HAHA BETHESDA KNOWS THE GAME SUCKS EMBARGOES EVIL LOL.

While failing to realize that the actual review embargo is up before the game releases, embargoes on embargoes aren't new and forgetting that Bethesda did a 20+ minute demo at E3 so they're not exactly hiding the game.

I need to stay out of that Fallout Embargo thread. Far too many people taking it as license to say HAHA BETHESDA KNOWS THE GAME SUCKS EMBARGOES EVIL LOL.

While failing to realize that the actual review embargo is up before the game releases, embargoes on embargoes aren't new and forgetting that Bethesda did a 20+ minute demo at E3 so they're not exactly hiding the game.

I tend to stay out of gaming for anything but news, and looking at the first page to make sure the person who posted it didn't fuck up.

That amount of people that take any opportunity to say that Fallout 4 is going to terrible is baffling, I don't remember seeing this much hate for Skyrim. I guess once you sell as well as Skyrim did people feel the need to become more vocal about their dislike for a game that developer puts out.

popo

The Fallout embargo of an embargo is not a reflection on the quality of the game. However, it is a reflection on Bethesda and puts them in to the Rockstar league of control freak fuckery.

That said, PR micromanagement like this is much more palatable than bullshit like review events and no advance copies.

I am glad to see COD has finally killed its week long review event. Such a collossal waste of everyone's time.

It's a cynical way of looking at embargos, but I guess it'd be better if people made those kinds of calls based on the publisher/developers history on embargos themselves. Like Rockstar historically are airtight on those sorts of things, Nintendo tend to give a month or whatever before release.

I think Bethesda has a history of having some pretty 'super-close to release' embargos. Didn't Skyrim also have one where reviews only went up a day or a few days before?

Patryn

It's a cynical way of looking at embargos, but I guess it'd be better if people made those kinds of calls based on the publisher/developers history on embargos themselves. Like Rockstar historically are airtight on those sorts of things, Nintendo tend to give a month or whatever before release.

I think Bethesda has a history of having some pretty 'super-close to release' embargos. Didn't Skyrim also have one where reviews only went up a day or a few days before?

Someone posted that every game of theirs since Oblivion has an embargo up the day before release.

Someone posted that every game of theirs since Oblivion has an embargo up the day before release.

Well there it is. The fact that those games tend to be a bit janky, especially on consoles. It's no surprise that people are being overtly cynical about the embargo for FO4.

But at the same time, the game is out there. Like, ordinary consumers not binded by an embargo are playing that game right the fuck now. I think at this point if you want to find something out about the game, and Bethesda didn't nuke it off the face of the Earth, then you could probably find it anyway. Just yesterday and earlier today I was looking at potato-cam footage of the game because my curiosity finally got the better of me. The internet makes embargos seem really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom