• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
rWArfv2.png

:(

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(
Curse you *insert recording software here*! CURSE YOU TO HELL

I wonder if Fallout 4 will be good. Heard mixed things.

Given how much of a tinderbox gaf has been lately with meltdowns everywhere (I swear the end of year makes people lose their mind), all I know is the review thread will be a special place.

I feel a whole bunch of people's GAF accounts will not make it to release date if that thread ends up how I think it will.

Basically...

giphy.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Given how much of a tinderbox gaf has been lately with meltdowns everywhere (I swear the end of year makes people lose their mind), all I know is the review thread will be a special place.

Yeah, it'll be interesting for sure.
I hope it's good. I'd like a new good Fallout 3

popo

MP4 is a huge improvement in size and quality but they break so easily. Any corruption and they are a pain to fix. Divx based codecs were much easier to fix and mpeg would play even if half the frames were junk.

As for fallout, the quicklook goes up the same time as the review embargo.

popo

Early impressions of FO4 seem very similar to FO3. Poor pacing, spotty story, horrific facial animations, open world jank and dodgy performance on consoles. People still had fun with 3 and I suspect they will with 4. It not being a slam dunk means the review thread will be a battlefield though.

hamchan

My Fallout 4 should be here in like 9 hours time. Expecting a good game but just more of the same from Fallout 3.

Talking about expectations, AC Syndicate is surprising me by actually being a good game. Alex's review is spot on. I feel this series will never ever get a 5/5 again unless they shake it up but 4/5 seems about right for how enjoyable AC Syndicate is.

Myggen

Why don't they just do stuff like that on the site? It's a pretty cool video. Sometimes I feel like they're limiting themselves too much to their existing features.

If I had to guess Jeff probably think montages like that are a bit too IGN and not worth spending time on, even if it brings the clicks. So if they are to make a montage they make it on their own time and upload it to their own channel. Stuff like that make for guaranteed clicks, especially when uploaded exactly when embargo lifts. If someone posts that video to /r/gaming it'll probably get a few thousand upvotes.

I caved and bought it. I know how this will go for me but I still really wanted to play it and since the evidence so far shows that it's not a smoking tire fire, I decided to pick it up now. I have friends desperate to play it and it's been awhile since I've geeked out over a game with pals.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I guess it didn't bomb in reviews like people hoped?

Not that reviews mean that much to me really, just amusing to see the negative feedback loop kind of stirring into a frenzy.

Not that reviews mean that much to me really, just amusing to see the negative feedback loop kind of stirring into a frenzy.

Any gamer that hopes a game gets a bad review is a fucking idiot.

People should want games to be good!

Yeah. The whole "Bethesda poor review excuse bingo" thing was weird. Not sure why some seemed invested in it failing.

Sakwoff

Man, someone at Bethesda sure noticed that those Early Access crafting and building games make a lot of money.

Kinda reminds me of that shitty scifi crafting game that Vinny was playing. Starforge or something?

I don't care for that stuff at all. Almost makes me not want to play Fallout 4.. Depends on how much of that stuff you have to do I guess.

I've only played Fallout 1.

I've never played any Fallout games but that's because I tend to steer away from WRPG and JRPG games, too much time consuming. I'd rather play 3 different games in 2 - 3 hours than stick to just one RPG game to feel like I accomplished something meaningful when I close the console off.

Having said that I don't mind games that have RPG like mechanics. The last RPG game I have played was Mass Effect, took me forever to beat lol. ME2 played and had the length of an action game with RPG mechanics, never played 3. Excited for the new FF though because of the gameplay(It'll be my first FF as well) and Kingdom Hearts 3 because I love Disney.

One thing I hate this gen is how everything is trying to be "Open World" Man is it tiring. When I get a more focused game, I get giddy as fuck.

Edit: I'm going to get Rise of The Tomb Raider day 1.

Yup!

It's one of the last game I worked on on my previous job. Super proud of all my friends in my former team this morning.

Man, that's awesome! I'm real excited to play your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom