• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Based on Jeff's tweet about finishing it, I'm guessing it's a 4/5. However, I think 3/5 is plausible, given the jank comments.

WQ9ph9j.png

omgkitty

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get annoyed when they start off the QL's with stuff like "here's a bunch of menus, and here's how this random shit works!" I think they should just play the game for a little bit before they show off random features and stuff. Always makes me skip through half the QL when they do that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So I guess it didn't bomb in reviews like people hoped?

Not that reviews mean that much to me really, just amusing to see the negative feedback loop kind of stirring into a frenzy.

I thought Fallout 4 looks largely unimpressive and pretty much like garbage (and the reviews have done nothing to make me think it's anything else) but jesus, what kind of lunatic thought Fallout 4 would review poorly?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get annoyed when they start off the QL's with stuff like "here's a bunch of menus, and here's how this random shit works!" I think they should just play the game for a little bit before they show off random features and stuff. Always makes me skip through half the QL when they do that.
Depends on the game, I guess. It took them about 25 minutes to start the first race in the NfS QL, though. Thought that was pretty funny.

Myggen

They can get too stuck in menus in some QLs, but I didn't get that in the Fallout QL. Depends from QL to QL what I prefer, explaining some systems in the start of this QL was a good way to do it imo.

Patryn

I thought Fallout 4 looks largely unimpressive and pretty much like garbage (and the reviews have done nothing to make me think it's anything else) but jesus, what kind of lunatic thought Fallout 4 would review poorly?

I suspect a lot of that is that people feel that Bethesda didn't suffer enough for the PS3 Skyrim debacle or popularizing a type of game they didn't like, and they must be punished. They had hope that the less than impressive visuals would allow reviewers to enact that punishment against Fallout 4. It doesn't matter this is a different series.

I could be totally off base, though.

omgkitty

They can get too stuck in menus in some QLs, but I didn't get that in the Fallout QL. Depends from QL to QL what I prefer, explaining some systems in the start of this QL was a good way to do it imo.

Yeah I was disappointed when it started, which is why I made the comment, but they actually jump right in and show off stuff. It's more of an issue with smaller games I know nothing about where they basically just decide to sit in menus for 15 minutes and then I just turn it off because I'm bored.

So speaking about the backwards compatibility list for Xbox One, there is Discs of Tron and Tron: Evolution on there. Jeff must be happy! Maybe we'll see a revival in the online for Tron: Evolution since Xbox One players will be able to play with Xbox 360 players and vice versa.

strafer

dammit Dan...you really scared me with dont sit on the toilet for too long...

I sit there for about 45 minutes...its my alone time. my thinking time..

thanks dan

I suspect a lot of that is that people feel that Bethesda didn't suffer enough for the PS3 Skyrim debacle or popularizing a type of game they didn't like, and they must be punished. They had hope that the less than impressive visuals would allow reviewers to enact that punishment against Fallout 4. It doesn't matter this is a different series.

I could be totally off base, though.

doesn't help their cause that it's not just "Skyrim with guns" either, as it seems to play out as a totally competent action game for the first time in TES/FO history.

one of the worst parts of going back to NV was the realization of how barren the game is. outside of missions, you barely see life or action. making the action actually fun and giving you a lot more of it (if the QL is anything to go by) would go a long way in making the "same game" more appealing.

also being able to break down everything you collect is jabbing me right in the kleptomaniac part of my brain.

So speaking about the backwards compatibility list for Xbox One, there is Discs of Tron and Tron: Evolution on there. Jeff must be happy! Maybe we'll see a revival in the online for Tron: Evolution since Xbox One players will be able to play with Xbox 360 players and vice versa.

No Red Dead on that list.
At least GOW 2 and 3 are there. I could go for some good old horde right now.

I found a Target gift card in my wallet with $100 on it for some reason so I can buy Fallout on launch day. Super happy to see it's reviewing well.

The first words I heard Jeff say about fallout 4 were "slideshow city"

I cannot wait til people complain about how awful that game runs. This is just gonna keep happening on this console generation.

Wow, this game is getting hit hard in his review. There is no way it can't. "There is probably a great experience to be had, but not on the PS4 or Xbox One."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom