• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

The only one I can think of is Hotline Miami 2, but even then I still think of it as a good game.

Yeah it didn't build on the first one as much as I'd like, but I still found it weirdly addictive, especially the Hawaii levels. And the soundtrack was dope as hell again.

Jintor

Eh, Long live the queen was just ok Austin. Wouldn't say that it's fantastic.

it's great first time through... but the more you replay it, the more annoyed you get...

I remember having more cogent thoughts about its design when I was playing it, but it seems to have slipped out of my mind.

I know you're right, it just seems shitty for them to ask full price after they fucked up so badly.

It's definitely shitty which is why I expect it to happen.

Yeah it didn't build on the first one as much as I'd like, but I still found it weirdly addictive, especially the Hawaii levels. And the soundtrack was dope as hell again.
The story was handled better than the first as well, thankfully it was still insane nonsense.

hotline miami 2 had a dope ass soundtrack and the richter/fans levels were great

if the level editor comes out by the year's end, it's totally in my top 10 despite being spread too thin and being too much "hotline miami 2: for super players"

Xater

hotline miami 2 had a dope ass soundtrack and the richter/fans levels were great

if the level editor comes out by the year's end, it's totally in my top 10 despite being spread too thin and being too much "hotline miami 2: for super players"

That's why I liked it. It starting back up from zero would have been boring considering the skills I habe built up from the first one.

DamnBoxes

Let's say GB had "Best In-Game Quote/Dialogue" for their end-of-year awards...

What are the nominees?

EDIT: Question inspired by Undertale (of course) :

PuPYyUm.png

That's why I liked it. It starting back up from zero would have been boring considering the skills I habe built up from the first one.

I'm not against the game being more difficult, it's just that it has a shitty way of going about doing that. The difficulty should've been more about the player making proper use of the new wrinkles to the gameplay instead of just "okay let's just make this level wide open and full of heavy dudes." There should've been more puzzle-like segments, as well. One of my favorite moments was that one room where you had to burst through the door to knock a guy out and take his weapon before the heavy and the other goons in the room got to you.

Wunder

A Bit of Star Wars Battlefront Beta live show in 10 minutes?

But I'm still at work :(

Oh fuck yeah. Caught a little bit on Twitch, looked pretty fun but I'm not really sure if it has the true longevity of a MP game in this age. Kind of like Siege in that everything looks pretty interesting and neat but might be super repetitive when you actually have the game and play it for a few dozen hours.

Xater

Oh fuck yeah. Caught a little bit on Twitch, looked pretty fun but I'm not really sure if it has the true longevity of a MP game in this age. Kind of like Siege in that everything looks pretty interesting and neat but might be super repetitive when you actually have the game and play it for a few dozen hours.

12 Maps just doesn't seem like a lot. That's my main concern. Having played it I think it's super fun.

kAmui-

12 Maps just doesn't seem like a lot. That's my main concern. Having played it I think it's super fun.

I don't know what the scope of the game is but if they are similar to battlefield in size I think that's a good amount of maps. More than what Battlefield 3 had at launch.

Xater

I don't know what the scope of the game is but if they are similar to battlefield in size I think that's a good amount of maps. More than what Battlefield 3 had at launch.

I think they are split between the modes, so that might make things problematic if you only like playing one thing or the other. We will see.

12 maps is plenty for a Battlefield game given that the maps are designed with several modes in mind, like TDM, Rush, and Conquest. And they well done, too, where TDM doesn't feel totally half assed when they section off a portion of the map for it.

and guys, you really dont want DICE doing a battlefield-like campaign for this. BF4's campaign was a pretty bad COD clone and you don't want it from them, believe me.

Xater

12 maps is plenty for a Battlefield game given that the maps are designed with several modes in mind, like TDM, Rush, and Conquest. And they well done, too, where TDM doesn't feel totally half assed when they section off a portion of the map for it.

and guys, you really dont want DICE doing a battlefield-like campaign for this. BF4's campaign was a pretty bad COD clone and you don't want it from them, believe me.

I'm not saying I want a campaign, just that a couple more maps probably would not have hurt. I always think back to Q3 or UT and what they came with.

Vinny calls them At-Ats while I call them Ay-Tee Ay-Tees.

I've always called them At-At's, but I actively dislike Star Wars and never really cared to know which was right. It's probably just the only thing I can name from the series and it's only because of the games and flying between their legs.

I don't want a campaign, I want more content.

mintyice

This game looks and sounds amazing. Not yet sure if playing it looks fun though.

Yeah sound/graphics are amazing, but I'm not sure if I like the ultra modern flat UI treatment. For some reason it still just looks like a mockup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom