• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Jeff said recently that he had no interest in ever playing MGS V again and that he was actually getting some fatigue towards the end of his time with it.

Mario Maker still has a chance.

hamchan

I feel like Jeff said recently that he had no interest in ever playing MGS V again and that he was actually getting some fatigue towards the end of his time with it.

Mario Maker still has a chance.

It's what happened to me. Right after playing MGSV I would have given it my GOTY but seeing all the awesome things in Mario Maker has swayed me that it can go to either of them. Mario Maker has legs.

It's weird, I finished the story of MGSV and put it aside for a couple weeks, coming back to it yesterday I sunk in a whole afternoon just getting lost in it again. The verticality of the FOB level design completely changes the entire equation of the mechanics and tools and is a refreshing challenge to wrap your head around after the mostly flat terrains of Afghanistan and Africa.

I could see it easily taking GOTY if they fire it up again.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
So just to fuel speculation, I'll say that recent weeks have me wondering if I'm as 100% sure about making MGS V my GOTY. Mario Maker has been so, so fun. Not saying I'm swaying that way, I'm just saying that I'm not set in stone between the two as of this moment. They're certainly the best two of the year.

I've said multiple times in this thread that I should probably get Mario Maker...but I should probably get Mario Maker. Dan's clearly excited. I've never been interested in a game just because Giant Bomb are playing it but I'll admit a lot of my interest is coming from playing the bullshit levels the guys are making.

So just to fuel speculation, I'll say that recent weeks have me wondering if I'm as 100% sure about making MGS V my GOTY. Mario Maker has been so, so fun. Not saying I'm swaying that way, I'm just saying that I'm not set in stone between the two as of this moment. They're certainly the best two of the year.

GOTY casts are going to be so good this year.

there's still fallout 4

I'll be really surprised if more Fallout tops Mario Maker or MGSV.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Mario Maker is that kind of game that is extremely fun but still has room for improvements if they make a sequel.
Like being able to create a set of levels, add a few of the missing enemies/items etc. better sorting options and so on.

Uncharted 1 still looks really good at times(although I'm sure a lot of that has to do with Blueprint)

Can't wait to get to 1 and 3.

And Mario Maker is grand but I wish there were more options. Stuff like slopes not existing as of yet just make it feel a bit empty. People still create amazing levels, but there's a certain amount of jank to some of the solutions for getting around missing items.

And why do people think they won't like Fallout? They tend to go for open world garbage in general so I don't see why there's any reason to think the game is so bad it won't at least place in the top ten. Although of course it doesn't really matter :p

hamchan

It'll be even more fun when Patrick starts the challenge this week. :)

End of the year casts should be very interesting!

EDIT: also the donations for The Ryckoning are now over $3400 https://www.gofundme.com/theryckoning

Pretty cool

I'll believe it when I see it!

I'd be surprised if more Fallout cracks the top 10

I think it will crack top 10 just because it seems like a game that most of them will play and enjoy. Unless it gets cut for someone's personal game that they want on the list, but I don't know if there will a lot of room for that this year.

Joeku

Having Thanksgiving dinner today and I wonder whether more arguments will be had over the Canadian election or over Metal Gear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff's reaction when they played Jet Moto in gif form
XYvLnP8.gif

Spaghetti

i like the hell out of mgsv, BUT-

mario maker so good bruh

so good

Aaron

I can't pass the 20 hour point in MGSV. Already had the story spoiled and there's not much interesting stuff to research now so there's nothing to look forward to.

Can't wait for the first Nintendo-developed Giant Bomb Game of the Year!

justjim89

Be sure to let us know when you beat Witcher 3, because the end of that game leaves a hell of an impression.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck man, the research is literally spoilers in just how much they dramatically change the game.

How do you mean? For me the last really meaningful thing to research was a silent tranq sniper rifle. I mean there was more after that but as someone who tried to get S-Ranks, a lot of it was a no-go for me.

The beginning of Metal Gear Solid V: "holy fuck I'm gonna put balloons on everything"

The end of Metal Gear Solid V: "man fuck balloons, balloons are fucking scrub tier"

Mario Maker has no balloon arc.

AngryMoth

GBs mario maker content has me thinking hard about getting a wii u again. I really regret missing out on the crazy supermarket sale prices last year

erawsd

The battle between mgsV and Mario maker for number one is going to be something to see

I don't think it'll be that heated between Mario Maker and MGSV. It sounds like everyone enjoyed MGSV, while Dan and Jeff are the only ones really taken by MM. Even if MM is Dan's personal pick (yeah right) I don't see him putting up much of a fight against MGSV.

Itll be fun seeing which the fan favorites get Mario 3D World'd (Witcher? Bloodborne?).

chrixter

I think I exhausted every trollish dead end in Jeff's latest Mario Maker level before finally realizing the (obvious) solution.

Nowhere near Dan's level of bullshit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom