• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I guess now we'll have to wait several months for the next MGS Scanlon episode seeing has Drew is gtfo for a while.

o.8

EDIT: Or wait, they might have a ton of episodes on memory.

But on that Dan and Jeff live stream he said they had one in the can.

danm999

Saving Patrick's misery run for tomorrow morning.

Also having watched the newest Metal Gear Scanlon Best Moment or Sequence is the Combat Deployment Tutorial.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's not so much lolrandom as much as it is extreme obfuscation to the point where you shouldn't be using items like they're supposed to be used.

show me on the mario doll where dan ryckert hurt you, sleepinglesson

kLFKtKQ.gif

Zaph

lol Patrick already contemplating looking at the level map given that Dan patched exploits.

You could give him 3 months, there is no chance he's doing this.

Watching this, I feel like it's legit impossible without cracking open the editor. No way in hell this is getting close to done in 72 hours otherwise.

rmrivera

The first step has to be him understanding that most of the sub world is a diversion. If he does that then maybe there's a chance if he goes through everything on the top world. Highly unlikely though.

After watching someone do it the right way, it kind of makes watching Patrick less entertaining, because he's got no hope of doing it himself. It's more fun to watch when the person actually has a chance.

This is like if someone has to drive from their home in Maine to California, and they keep turning the wrong way before they even get out of their own neighborhood.

KingKong

This would have been way better if it was just a super tough platformer. The part with the
trampoline
is basically impossible to figure out without the editor

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The part where there is stuff off-screen you have to lob a fucking goomba at is where I go NOPE. At that point you're really just trying to make a level that's literally impossible to beat going in blind.

I'm fine with the level being hard in this way because it's at least fairly unique. There are plenty of levels out there that are nothing but pixel-perfect platforming or invisible block trolling, so at least Dan went for somewhat of a new approach.

Frith

dan has changed the level multiple times
dan has had outside help
the run has started and dan hadn't thought of banning looking at the editor

given how stacked against him this is the editor is fair game as far as i'm concerned its the only way he has a chance

i imagine if he could he would have put a moving goalpost in to the level too

I would love if Patrick looked at the editor, figured it out, and then streamed tomorrow and just pretended to fumble his way through it without telling anyone that he looked at the editor.

dan has had outside help

given how stacked against him this is the editor is fair game as far as i'm concerned its the only way he has a chance

When you put it that way, you've got a point there.

I'm just kind of...disappointed<?> in what the level turned out to be. I was expecting it to be more clever vs. just making it obtuse and difficult to understand.

dan has had outside help

Dan challenged Patrick to complete a level of his creation. That's it. Doesn't matter that he patched exploits, Patrick didn't attempt it until this morning so that's the iteration he's going to play.

In retrospective I doubt the exploits would have helped Patrick at all.

I guess now we'll have to wait several months for the next MGS Scanlon episode seeing has Drew is gtfo for a while.

o.8

EDIT: Or wait, they might have a ton of episodes on memory.

But on that Dan and Jeff live stream he said they had one in the can.

Where is Drew off to?

Tubobutts

Dan challenged Patrick to complete a level of his creation. That's it. Doesn't matter that he patched exploits, Patrick didn't attempt it until this morning so that's the iteration he's going to play.

Is it still truly Dan's creation if he "crowd sourced" the things he fixed in his patches?

Frith

dan laid out specific rules and kept changing things you have to draw a line.
everything is against patrick i don't see why dan should get to add rules after the start.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I work in a banking company that inexplicably doesn't shut down on all banking holidays but everybody except me was smart enough to just take the day off today.

I really could have used a few more hours of Patrick's futile efforts to get something done today. It would have made my day seem less absurd in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom