• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

If Pat isn't cheating, then ostensibly he doesn't actually know why he's taking the goomba to the right of the level where he actually needs to take it.

If he uses it for it's intended purpose when he gets there, I call shenanigans.
I won't. He saw the P block up there, and he figured out how to kick the goomba up. So at this point it's like adding 1+1.

clip_image052.jpg

Holy shit. He's so close...

Can you use the P Block as a step for the door if you time it right?

Yes, that's the much more difficult but shorter way to do it.

He's still missing something though, right? Aren't you supposed to bring another block through the door?

You're supposed to carry it all the way back to the middle of the level where the star is, hit the switch, and get up into the upper left corner of the screen where the POW block is, then carry the block back to where Patrick is now and use the block as the step with the trampoline. There's some stuff after the doors and you have to pick the right doors.

you could totally cheese it right here by using the p-switch as a platform to enter the doors since you have a split-second where it acts as solid ground

He's still missing something though, right? Aren't you supposed to bring another block through the door?

You need to
grab a star, hit the P-block, run allllll the way back to the start of the level, use the platforms made by the coins to jump through the flame spinner hell, grab the POW block, and bring it all the way back to the door.

You need to
grab a star, hit the P-block, run allllll the way back to the start of the level, use the platforms made by the coins to jump through the flame spinner hell, grab the POW block, and bring it all the way back to the door.

Yeah, that's what I thought remembered seeing in the video. He's close but...fuck, that's still a lot to figure out.

Welp, never mind, he just kind of figured it all out. Damn.

ArjanN

Looking at Pat having so many problems with the basic platforming, never mind if he cheated and looked up the method. I don't think he will be able to execute.

It would still take him several hours if you showed him the exact solution.

Also, the further he gets the longer it takes to experiment with every step.

there were people in the chat saying that throwing stuff upwards isn't one of the basics of Super Mario World as if the game doesn't teach you that in the very first level

To be fair I'm guessing a lot of people haven't played it since the 90s.

I swear to Christ it's like he's filling up an arbitrary amount of time not knowing what to do then just figures out exactly what to do right away once that time's up

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
You're supposed to carry it all the way back to the middle of the level where the star is, hit the switch, and get up into the upper left corner of the screen where the POW block is, then carry the block back to where Patrick is now and use the block as the step with the trampoline. There's some stuff after the doors and you have to pick the right doors.

Holy shit. That's even more insane than the solution on that youtube video. The timing on that has to be razor thin.

Zabant

I swear to Christ it's like he's filling up an arbitrary amount of time not knowing what to do then just figures out exactly what to do right away once that time's up

Gotta keep the rubes on their toes man, he has the drag this out for 3 days for the most youtube monaayyyy.

mintyice

Think about how disappointing it'll be if he doesn't beat it in 72 hours. All these streams for nothing!

Then think about how amazing it'll be if he beats it on the last day. Imagine the hype!!

Then think of the Kotaku story he can publish about how he foiled some super hard Mario puzzle allll by himself!

Charities get money. Dan admits defeat. Patrick is the victor.

Follow the money sheeple.

I don't think he cheated anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom