• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's a part of YouTube that just downvotes everything though.

Unless the likes:dislikes ratio goes over 70:30 I wouldn't really worry about it.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Hey duders, just wondering because I've been out of the loop for a while, when does Giant Bomb normally do their week of GOTY Podcasts? They're always my favourite GB podcasts and I've been looking forward to them for quite a while now.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Still wish the premium feed was updated faster for this one.

Yeah, both rss feeds seem to lag behind the actual site updates. It takes a while to show up on the normal one too.

lol pretentious

Dude is cool and I love it when he can drop business or legal knowledge. But sometimes maybe he over thinks or over discribes stuff.

But he is working towards a god damn PhD so I get it. He is in that kind of academic mode. And I do think it's a fresh take on things not found in most outlets who try and sound smart but don't have the shops to pull it off. But I can see why it might be grating on some people I guess.

Houndi101

Dude is cool and I love it when he can drop business or legal knowledge. But sometimes maybe he over thinks or over discribes stuff.

But he is working towards a god damn PhD so I get it. He is in that kind of academic mode. And I do think it's a fresh take on things not found in most outlets who try and sound smart but don't have the shops to pull it off. But I can see why it might be grating on some people I guess.

Doctor of Video Games gotta stay true to his name tho

Quentyn

Hey duders, just wondering because I've been out of the loop for a while, when does Giant Bomb normally do their week of GOTY Podcasts? They're always my favourite GB podcasts and I've been looking forward to them for quite a while now.

In the past it was always between Christmas and New Year.

Myggen

Yeah, that's probably how it's gonna be this year too. They do it like that because they're off work in that period, so it's a way to get plenty of content on the site when they're not working.

yami4ct

To add to that, they tend to record it earlier. It'll record sometime in very late November/Early December. That's why you'll hear the crew talk about recording it, traveling, etc. significantly before the stuff actually hits.

Herbs

Banned
Such a pretentious podcast.

image.php

kiguel182

He is and nothing about him is pretentious. If you think he is you probably just have a problem with people that are smart.

Most people who call other people pretentious have that problem.

Also, most pretentious people aren't actually smart and it's pretty easy to spot the differences.

Austin is just a really smart dude.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Most people who call other people pretentious have that problem.

Also, most pretentious people aren't actually smart and it's pretty easy to spot the differences.

Austin is just a really smart dude.

Exactly. Calling people pretentious is just anti-intellectualism 99% of the time.

I still haven't played D4. I really should.

The soundtrack is so good. Such a weird fucking game, you can't help but like it in the end.

I only just started watching/listening to the Giant Bomb Podcast & their live streams. For the record, is Jeff really that miserable, or is he just exaggerating that aspect of his personality for laughs? (Seriously, the guy acts looks/acts like a restaurant had skimped the chips from his lunch.)

You gotta remember the guy has been doing this shit for more than two decades, it takes alot to impress him AS IT SHOULD. However, he likes a ton of shit as well and they play random games every Friday. It's just hard to go through the many things he likes, it's not necessary he'd mention them as well unless someone asks him "do you like said game?". For now he's super excited to play Rise of The Tomb Raider for example because of the impressions of everyone around him in the office.

Anyone who watches UPF or them talking over a conference or listens to their podcast, I find it hard to believe that someone would compare Jeff to an old fart. The dude is passionate and still gets fucking excited about things.

All these downvotes on Austin's (charity!!!) stream make me kinda sad...

Weird, if anything I liked Austin even more after his stream because we got to know more about him, his opinions and taste. I mean he was chatting with the people while playing games at the same time like it was nothing. Great stream.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
As much as I think anyone siding with RT is being ridiculous, I think it's real lame that someone defending gb, who has a bunch of followers, is calling out one of their fans in a petty twitter squabble. You see people do this time and again in a variety of contexts on twitter, basically retreating from a discussion they were involved in, just to effectively rally their own followers to back them up/agree with them. It's a bad look, and inevitably the called-out person is personally judged/mocked by said followers and I think that's a real shitty thing to encourage.

Wunder

As much as I think anyone siding with RT is being ridiculous, I think it's real lame that someone defending gb, who has a bunch of followers, is calling out one of their fans in a petty twitter squabble. You see people do this time and again in a variety of contexts on twitter, basically retreating from a discussion they were involved in, just to effectively rally their own followers to back them up/agree with them. It's a bad look, and inevitably the called-out person is personally judged/mocked by said followers and I think that's a real shitty thing to encourage.

who are you talking about specifically?

Haunted

All these downvotes on Austin's (charity!!!) stream make me kinda sad...
Probably the same kind of people who hated on Klepek before. I get that people like the dumb stuff, but that doesn't automatically mean that they have to hate on the smart stuff.

If it's the "social justice warrior" angle, I don't know how these people are GB fans in the first place - no one there enables or tolerates their ilk.

Jothel

yeah it's fantastic. and because the story almost completely doesn't matter i don't need to ever turn down the volume!

Yep - I've been doing nothing but the Brotherhood missions for a bit so it's literally just
go here - kill all things and
go here - kill all things and get tech thing.

Myggen

Probably the same kind of people who hated on Klepek before.

I get that people like the dumb stuff, but that doesn't automatically mean that they have to hate on the smart stuff.

If it's the "social justice warrior" angle, I don't know how these people are GB fans in the first place - no one there enables or tolerates their ilk.

I had someone comment on one of the Beastcast clips I've uploaded that he was glad he wasn't a Premium member because that would mean his money would go towards keeping a "fucking liberal" like Austin employed :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I had someone comment on one of the Beastcast clips I've uploaded that he was glad he wasn't a Premium member because that would mean his money would go towards keeping a "fucking liberal" like Austin employed :p

Which is funny, because everyone on giantbomb seems super socially liberal.

mintyice

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez

I'm glad I'm not crazy.

Haunted

rofl

Daily reminder that no fanbase is free of idiots.

Reminds me of the posts where US citizens threaten to move to Canada/Europe if Obama continues to impose limits on gun ownership and implementing more socially sound programs.

rofl

Daily reminder that no fanbase is free of idiots.

Reminds me of the posts where US citizens threaten to move to Canada/Europe if Obama continues to impose limits on gun ownership and implementing more socially sound programs.

I just had a friend of a friend openly say he wants to move to Europe or Canada if a "dumb woman" wins the next election. My eyes were hurting for a while after that massive eye roll.

I'll try to keep the salty language to a minimum next time I comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom