• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giant Bomb, I beseech thee: Quick Look Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry (aka Raven's Cry, the worst game of 2015.)
header.jpg

I may not like his games all that much, but I do love and admire the crap out of SWERY for always doing what he wants. That video thing always gets me to actually laugh out loud.

Blues1990

I only just started watching/listening to the Giant Bomb Podcast & their live streams. For the record, is Jeff really that miserable, or is he just exaggerating that aspect of his personality for laughs? (Seriously, the guy acts looks/acts like a restaurant had skimped the chips from his lunch.)

Jintor

I only just started watching/listening to the Giant Bomb Podcast & their live streams. For the record, is Jeff really that miserable, or is he just exaggerating that aspect of his personality for laughs? (Seriously, the guy acts looks/acts like a restaurant had skimped the chips from his lunch.)

a scientific estimate concludes that it's 1 part real, 2 parts acting, and another 1 part someone stole his chips

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

LIFE IS SUFFERING, BLUE1990.

Games he likes
Trackmania 2
Mario Maker
Burnout Paradise

Can't think of anything else.

yami4ct

Sat down and finally finished Splatoon's single player. Splatoon's Final Boss for Best New Character. I did not expect that. What an amazing way to end that campaign. This is a level of wonderful stupidity I don't think I've seen sine DmC.

Also, Splatoon for Best Soundtrack and Best Styyyyyle. I might even be close to saying GotY.

danm999

This Rooster Teeth/Giant Bomb/Jeff Gerstmann thread is still going, huh? What a weird thing.

But the thread might be worth it for linking things like this.

The more time passes, the more things stay the same.

" He is a reviewer at a rather biased gaming website. By the way, I think
the editors of that site are getting irate with us talking about them like
this. :) Good. Maybe they will see that we aren't fooled by their
"journalism", and clean up their act."

-1998... or 2015?

yami4ct

My god there's something so timeless about whiny comments like this;

He's been pissing off dipshits for decades.

Man, that comment is so hilarious in hindsight hearing what Jeff has had to say about the N64. I suspect a huge chunk of the higher scores these people are probably complaining about (assuming the reviews they think exist do) are due to GS's old rating system. Jeff has talked in detail how they used to rate things on the standard of the platform. Given the relatively small library on N64, you can see how that would boost scores.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
All these downvotes on Austin's (charity!!!) stream make me kinda sad...

He had kind of run out of interesting episode themes, though. The gaming landscape has changed so dramatically since then that I'm sure there's new interesting topics, but Robert seems to have exited gaming completely.
Have you, by any chance, missed the newer episode(s)? "Work" is from 2013, it's fantastic.

This Rooster Teeth/Giant Bomb/Jeff Gerstmann thread is still going, huh? What a weird thing.

But the thread might be worth it for linking things like this.
But I thought that stuff started with Bioshock Infinite reviews

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
All these downvotes on Austin's (charity!!!) stream make me kinda sad...

One of the videos was already at 2 thumbs up 2 thumbs down soon after they were posted yesterday. It's really sad. I'm sure austin's aware that it's the same sort of weird group of people who hounded klepek's content, and that the majority of people actually do like him.

E: I went and thumbs upped all of them.

strafer

im a fucking asshole

started to pick my nose so hard that I started a nosebleed.

I'm a fucking grown man, I should know better.

smh

Xater

One of the videos was already at 2 thumbs up 2 thumbs down soon after they were posted yesterday. It's really sad. I'm sure austin's aware that it's the same sort of weird group of people who hounded klepek's content, and that the majority of people actually do like him.

I hope he does. Maybe it's weird but I try to let him know when I liked something he did. But he is also not the only one. Often do that when I read something or watched something I enjoyed.

Wait... Some people don't like Austins stuff?

Dude can be a bit pretentious at times but I think has been a amazing addition. Dude knows his shit.

He is OK in my book.

Heimbeck

Banned
So havent kept up with the recent events regarding Jeff and the Falluout 4 review.

Is it like the Zelda review?

Rooster teeth said Jeff might have done the review just for clicks, because you know there is no way you can reasonably give fallout 4 a 3/5 right.
Jeff also now likes fancy cheese and wine.

yami4ct

lol pretentious

Pretention is a word that seems to be thrown about when someone makes an intellectual argument others don't agree with.

So havent kept up with the recent events regarding Jeff and the Falluout 4 review.

Is it like the Zelda review?

Pretty much. Outlet with mass reach claims Jeff is trying attention grab by scoring the console versions low, basically saying all reviews must conform to one mass standard opinion. It's real dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom