• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit reassuring to hear that he isn't completely miserable (even though I never said he acts like an old fart). It's just that every time the camera focuses on him, or even when he has something positive to say, he has that emotionless glare & tone that gives off the wrong impression that he doesn't want to be there. Doesn't help that he almost lost his marbles with playing the Mario Party games back-to-back.
It's just the way he is. That stream that was the first time he played Bloodborne...you just see him stoicly dispatching enemies with relative ease.

2771316-9361520557-NT7vo.gif

justjim89

They're not gonna get to the end twist, are they?

-Keys from Frank
-RV snooping
-Back to school
-Going into the photo
-Figuring out the last puzzle

I've never seen the side with David option before.

Who the fuck would ever choose that.

I'm all for pointing out what an idiot Chloe is being, but yeah. That's the most nonsensical option.

jaina

They're not gonna get to the end twist, are they?

Maybe if they don't talk a lot in the diner they'll reach the 4th thing and get hooked.

By the way I chose the David option because I wanted to get him on my side. Supported Chloe in every other decision, but somehow not here.

Real Hero

He's gotten better but for a while he mentioned he's a Ph.D. Student a lot on the beastcast

He did come across as extremely condescending when he said he couldn't recommend blade runner because 'people like Micheal bay movies'. Only time he's come across as playing up his smartness to me.

mattp

He did come across as extremely condescending when he said he couldn't recommend blade runner because people like 'Micheal bay movies'. Only time he's come across as playing up his smartness to me.

oh come on
blade runner is one of my favorite movies, and i know exactly what he means
it IS a tough movie to recommend to most people

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
He did come across as extremely condescending when he said he couldn't recommend blade runner because 'people like Micheal bay movies'. Only time he's come across as playing up his smartness to me.

He wasn't passing judgment on those people, it's true. If you're used to modern movies then Blade Runner will seem like a god damned chore to get through. Even if you're okay with the slower pace of old movies, Blade Runner was especially slow. It's not a movie that everybody will like.

I should probably not post any more in those threads. I'm on a good decade+ run of never being banned and I survived that Tomb Raider UK sales thread and...I'll just be quiet now.

Real Hero

oh come on
blade runner is one of my favorite movies, and i know exactly what he means
it IS a tough movie to recommend to most people

eh, it's one of the most respected sci fi movies ever. I'd always recommend it. As I said it's the only time something he said rubbed me the wrong way, i'm 100% pro austin (other than this liking dynasty warriors thing)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
i mean...its not really a sci fi action movie, though?
thats kind of the point

there's not much action in that movie

Hey, those two action scenes including one where somebody dies from monologue would keep any modern audience on the edge of their seats.

FStop7

Banned
Remember that time Austin called Vinny a Philistine for using the word "very" and then had to walk it back the next week? Good times

hamchan

yeah lord knows a sci fi action movie with Harrison Ford directed by Ridley Scott is a tough sell

It's easy to sell it to people but a not insignificant amount of people will probably come out hating the movie. It's not exactly the most action packed, easy to watch movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom