• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, it's one of the most respected sci fi movies ever. I'd always recommend it. As I said it's the only time something he said rubbed me the wrong way, i'm 100% pro austin (other than this liking dynasty warriors thing)
It's weird he won't recommend Blade Runner...but he will recommend a documentary about it...! :p

KingKong

i mean...its not really a sci fi action movie, though?
thats kind of the point

there's not much action in that movie

Maybe action is the wrong word, but its a noir thriller, we're not exactly talking about a Linklatter or Von Trier movie here

is it any slower/harder to recommend than The Martian?

I can't handle this
ZslxoYy.gif

eh, it's one of the most respected sci fi movies ever. I'd always recommend it. As I said it's the only time something he said rubbed me the wrong way, i'm 100% pro austin (other than this liking dynasty warriors thing)

I agree with this. While I really liked Dynasty Warrriors, I stopped going back to the series. Pro-Austin here (even though I really don't like anime).

FluxWaveZ

The way they talk about the ending for this episode... I'm
a bit bummed for what comes next.

Ah well. Glad they're enjoying it; it's a great game.

They're probably not gonna finish this game before GOTY talks unless they do a stream while in SF. It'd be awesome to see, but I'm not expecting it.

Even though I really like the game, episode 5 brought down my opinion of the experience. I hope it does show up somewhere though if at least a mention.

erawsd

Not really?. Most people have been very positive on Austin and what he brought to the table as the new hire. His talks on the podcast/extra life about the business and social side of gaming are fantastic.

People really like a mix of stuff, though most go to the site mostly for the laughs.

Yeah, outside of "the 4" I think Austin has been the most well recieved of the on air hires. Alex, Patrick, and Dan all got way more shit.

Yeah, outside of "the 4" I think Austin has been the most well recieved of the on air hires. Alex, Patrick, and Dan all got way more shit.

Austin also had the benefit of coming into a situation that was essentially brand new. Those early 5 man bombcasts with Patrick were incredibly jarring after listening to the same 4 man crew for years.

Tubobutts

There are still a couple of lines that make me want to set everything in the world on fire, but I'm starting to think Life is Strange is hella alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom