• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That's exactly what it is. It's just one of those things the prequels felt the need to complicate and over-explain. Sure it's canon now, but Brad is insane to pretend that was the case through the original trilogy.

I'm not normally one for headcanon (either ignore the avatar or call me a liar and be right) but it would help to explain why the empire general guy didn't respect the idea of the force and why nobody but Vader was trained like a sith.

I'm not normally one for headcanon (either ignore the avatar or call me a liar and be right) but it would help to explain why the empire general guy didn't respect the idea of the force and why nobody but Vader was trained like a sith.

I'm not saying it's not the case now or even that it doesn't make sense or fill in some gaps, I'm just saying it was never communicated in the trilogy and probably wasn't even thought up until well after.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm not saying it's not the case now or even that it doesn't make sense or fill in some gaps, I'm just saying it was never communicated in the trilogy and probably wasn't even thought up until well after.

Definitely. It's just one of the few things from latter Star Wars that I don't mind, because it clears up what would have been an even dumber point otherwise from the original trilogy. "Why doesn't he have an army of lightning hands laser sword men" was a solid question coming out of those movies if the two person rule doesn't exist.

I started enjoying Revengeance more once I unlocked the Gray Fox suit.

Definitely. It's just one of the few things from latter Star Wars that I don't mind, because it clears up what would have been an even dumber point otherwise from the original trilogy. "Why doesn't he have an army of lightning hands laser sword men" was a solid question coming out of those movies if the two person rule doesn't exist.

Ok yeah we're on the same page.

it was never really amazing looking or anything. it was more that it ran at perfect 60fps on console while still being kinda crazy with the action

He said that it seems better playing it now. He's talked about maybe expecting more out of the story when he first played it, so he probably didn't embrace the anime of the game when he first played it.

It has a substantially better story than the last three MGS games, so I don't know.

-Kees-

The Brazilian cyborg man cut a tanker with his sword and set it on fire then shot it out of his M16 scabbard. How do you not love this game?

Joeku

The Brazilian cyborg man cut a tanker with his sword and set it on fire then shot it out of his M16 scabbard. How do you not love this game?

This sounds like a Dan sentence. If you describe the game to Dan in these terms, he'd probably like it more.

Ianan

Aww man I'm gonna miss this set, its always crazy to me when I watch older videos and remember how things have changed as they moved from office to office.

Giant Bomb: Bigger and Better 2016

3Yhc1gkl.png

def sim

YES

OH GOD YES

YES

JUST YES

DAN

GET ON IT

2016 MGScanlon: REVENGEANCE WITH A VENGEANCE

Mind you, I'm getting that from the fact that he didn't want to see the ending because he may just want to play it himself. It's possible he's only planning to play it at hom- ok it's totally going to be a mgscanlon thing.

I'll just be honest: MGScanlon V has been a complete and utter turn-off for me, someone who adored the previous 4 MGScanlons, and Revengeance would 100% be a return to form for me if Drew were to play that.

Plus it's so short it'd barely make a dent in their schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom