• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

fxhDYff.jpg

Man, Overwatch looks amazing but in that, this will only be fun for me if I can get a group of friends to play with me. That is so hard to do now-a-days. Stupid adult friends with stupid adult responsibilities.

The guys mentioned that they're playing something they can't talk about right now.

What big stuff still has to come out? I'm definitely forgetting something huge.

Redbox is 3 bucks a night? What the fuck? And people complain about PSNow prices? I couldn't believe what I heard when they did that ad and Brad calls it a good price.

Redbox is 3 bucks a night? What the fuck? And people complain about PSNow prices? I couldn't believe what I heard when they did that ad and Brad calls it a good price.

I think it is a good deal. I can get a game in the morning and not have to turn it in until the next day before 9pm. Well I rent like 1 game a year from there so I think it is a good price?

I can't believe how many people are seriously suggesting Rooster Teeth got hacked by a GB fan in that thread.

Those people are silly.
They clearly got hacked by Jeff "Hack Master" Gerstmann himself

It's a totally huge leap to make for about a million reasons.

I mean the gifs are expected but it's the other people in that thread speculating I am head shaking at.

Myggen

To be fair, it's not that hard of a leap to make and it's not like you have to fill out a form saying "I LOVE GIANT BOMB".

My guess would be that the hack happened before this drama. It usually seems to take sites a few days to detect this kind of stuff and find out what to do before going public. That it happened "recently" might also indicate that it happened some days ago. But we'll probably never know either way. It seems like a 2+2=5 kind of thing to me.

FStop7

Banned
This reminds me. Transformers Devastation is going to be completely forgotten about everywhere, isn't it? Not just for accolades, but all together. That's really a bummer.

In order to appreciate the story and characters of the Final Fantasy 13 series I would suggest playing all 3 of the games.

Or you can probably play this without them and get a cool battle system and some fantastic music.

That was weird. When I clicked that video on mobile, it played the video of Tila Tequila talking about Donald Trump. I was so confused as to what you were trying to tell me.

But yeah it sounds like I'd enjoy Lightning Returns, especially given the weird JRPG itch I've had lately.

Tubobutts

Dan being this into MGSV and almost not at all into Revengeance is weird.

It's not gritty and real like Metal Gear is supposed to be and Raiden is a whiny dork with no posters on his wall unlike cool action guy Solid Snake.

Dan didn't accept that Metal Gear was anime until last year, Rising was probably too anime to deny.

It's not gritty and real like Metal Gear is supposed to be and Raiden is a whiny dork with no posters on his wall unlike cool action guy Solid Snake.

Dan didn't accept that Metal Gear was anime until last year, Rising was probably too anime to deny.

He called Metal Gear anime in an old Super Replay. This is a deep hole. Deeper than just last year.

Zocano

My guess would be that the hack happened before this drama. It usually seems to take sites a few days to detect this kind of stuff and find out what to do before going public. That it happened "recently" might also indicate that it happened some days ago. But we'll probably never know either way. It seems like a 2+2=5 kind of thing to me.

Mmm, I didn't think of that. Could very well be the case.

TraBuch

Banned
I've got an idea for a new feature. Jeff, Dan and Drew play those old demo discs that used to come with magazines and stuff. Play all the demos and watch all the interviews and shit. It'd probably be pretty entertaining.

Is the HTML5 player buggy for anyone else? Sometimes it doesn't seem to load or play properly. I'm using Firefox.
I haven't had any major issues since they resolved the Akamai problems, but there's been some new thing popping up since. IIRC last week a bunch of people complainted about it during a stream (last week's UPF?) Haven't experienced it myself, but it's blank screens as you describe--for all videos, live or archived.

Though really, has their player ever been problem-free for Firefox users? The most glowing praise I can think of is that sometimes, when playing html5, I only need to do one thing to get it working the way I want (generally, adjusting the quality back up to High... yet again.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom